• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Valso

Valso

Student
Mar 12, 2024
There are other weird words like the one I'm gonna mention, but this one's unique because uniting two words (altough I'm not quite sure first one is an actual word) creates a word for someone who's job is to help people or so they say. I'm talking about the word "therapist". But if you separate this in two other words, it becomes "the rapist". I've been thinking about that for some time and it amazes me how a simple interval (or the lack of it) changes the context and the entire conversation. I wonder if this has been done on purpose and if the therapist's real job is to help people. In any case IDK of anyone who has ever visited a therapist and actually got their problem solved.

F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
First, as a native speaker, I am well aware of how stupid of a language English is. We took French and German and put them in a blender and ended up with a horrible abomination of a language

I have often contemplated that "therapist" is just "the rapist" and, quite frankly, having been to several therapists I think the name is quite apt. I paid them all several thousands of dollar and they did fuck all for me while still taking my money.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
The very term "Sanction" is contradictory. In cases like this website, sanctioned means allowed and permitted but when a country places sanctions on another then it means they're banned from doing something. Now how did that come to be?

Reactions: sserafim
MelancholyMagic

MelancholyMagic

For my next trick, I will disappear
Dec 12, 2021
We took French and German and put them in a blender and ended up with a horrible abomination of a language
Horrible abomination? I think you mean excellent opportunities for world play! English is a lovely language. The fact that it is the lingua franca is a small comfort in this terrible world. Unfortunately, however, that is double-edged. More people have the ability to use such a fine language, but they also dilute its beauty.

Blurry_Buildings

Blurry_Buildings

Just Existing
Sep 27, 2023
I prefer Indian English. It removes many grammatical inconsistencies, makes english easier to learn, and gets the meaning accross clearly and concisely. When India becomes the world's foremost economic and political power in 2100 we will need someone to continue where the USA left off in order to reach a single global language.

F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
I prefer Indian English. It removes many grammatical inconsistencies, makes english easier to learn, and gets the meaning accross clearly and concisely. When India becomes the world's foremost economic and political power in 2100 we will need someone to continue where the USA left off in order to reach a single global language.
I had an Indian boss one. He used the phrase "plug it out" instead of "unplug" because it technically is the opposite of "plug it in". Ever since then I have loved that phrase.

Reactions: Blurry_Buildings