• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
I'm not quite sure how to start this thread but people have been wondering about the future of this forum. For now I'm taking care of relevant matters. It's necessary considering the circumstances. You don't need to worry about anything - as far as I see, nothing is gonna change with the transfer of leadership and I intend to keep this community exactly the way it exists right now. But there will be temporary adjustments to suit the situation. This isn't the first time we've had to endure this kind of treatment from the public so we know that to expect. The heat will blow over. It's just a matter of time.
You know my opinion about this whole incident. This community has a right to exist, period. We're not ramping down. Nothing stops this train. That's where I stand.

I'd like to thank to everyone that stood with us despite the difficult and uncertain circumstances.

Kind regards,
RainAndSadness

Pen>Sword

Pen>Sword

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam
Jan 13, 2021
Moderators, we trust on you to continue Serge and Marquis' plans. You'll do great, and we'll not blame you in an event of pro-life attacks. We'll be there for you, just like we were with Serge and Marquis. We greatly appreciate your service from the day you've held this responsibility to the day you're faced this transfer of temporary or permanent duty. Please keep this forum in the normal trajectory as they have planned.

Circles

Circles

There's a difference between existing and living.
Sep 3, 2018
Is there a back up plan in case things do go south? You don't have to say how. As with the recent member you found out to be a fake the fixthe26 people are making multiple alt accounts here and any time we get a discord that gets nuked. So any meet up we have will get compromised. How are we going to find each other?

Last edited:
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
Congratulations @RainAndSadness

I'd say this site needs new moderators - at least 20 would be great in order to manage 20,000 people.

I won't apply myself, but it'd be another safety net, imo.

LeGuitarist

LeGuitarist

Eternally Lost
Mar 19, 2021
Congratulations @RainAndSadness

I'd say this site needs new moderators - at least 20 would be great in order to manage 20,000 people.

I won't apply myself, but it'd be another safety net, imo.
Agreed, and congrats @RainAndSadness for becoming the new leader. I'd be interested in applying if possible, and I'm sure plenty of others would like to as well

Mixo

Mixo

Blue
Aug 2, 2020
Thanks for protecting our right to speak freely about our right to die. Thank you for all your hard work and for being brave in the face of so much backlash. Let us know how else we can support to maintain this site.

F

feiganbaums

Dec 9, 2021
I don't know if there are any other sites like this. This place is necessary and it'd be nice if this can survive this irrational prolife madness. Are there mirror websites in case this gets blocked?

Do you think we could publish a well-produced pro-choice piece, to tell our side of the story? I feel like this is a major moment in our history, with record levels of (recorded) depression and unprecedented media penetration. Do you think we should do something?

I am an analyst, I can help with some tight data stories about SS. I don't know. It'd be nice to level up the conversation about suicide before I CTB.

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Thank you for the update @RainAndSadness. This isn't the first bump in the road as you've mentioned and it assuredly won't be the last. This forum absolutely has a right to exist and I've full confidence in the team/staff behind it.

rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
Thanks for protecting our right to speak freely about our right to die. Thank you for all your hard work and for being brave in the face of so much backlash. Let us know how else we can support to maintain this site.
Yes. I'd be glad to help if I could.

Reactions: Brick In The Wall
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
I don't know if there are any other sites like this. This place is necessary and it'd be nice if this can survive this irrational prolife madness. Are there mirror websites in case this gets blocked?

Do you think we could publish a well-produced pro-choice piece, to tell our side of the story? I feel like this is a major moment in our history, with record levels of (recorded) depression and unprecedented media penetration. Do you think we should do something?

I am an analyst, I can help with some tight data stories about SS. I don't know. It'd be nice to level up the conversation about suicide before I CTB.
There's a few people clamouring to make some kind of public political movement in the wake of the article and l really do think this needs to be dampened a tad.

There are many layers to this site in my experience. Much of the content is "driven" by the most dominant voices, which is the case for most online forums. Therefore the most visible layer at present is that of the most regular posters, who are often from a similar demographic and a lot of content and output produced is not going to be of interest to every single suicidal person. For many, this site acts as a social media hub - l do not say this as criticism as again, this is the norm for an online forum.

Beneath that layer exist those who contribute less frequently, who dip in an out of topics according to their interests, they are probably not interested in games or anyone's sex life, they may interact in a more discerning way and many do not like to exchange opinions or debate publicly. They often come for the method, and hang around a bit thereafter - they are probably far less interested in being part of a political / PR movement than the very vocal content drivers in the first tranch. This quieter layer is bigger than most would assume, however this site exists for them too.

Then there are those on the brink of despair who come here for what is this site's main attraction - the contact details of an N supplier. Many of these people will join, ask their questions, get their delivery, and disappear, never to be seen again. Many will be very ill yet unable to meet the euthanasia criteria, and for them this website is absolutely vital, and it exists as much for them as it does for anyone who has racked up 7000 posts. It's fair to assume these people, at the brink of despair, aren't interested in being involved in a political scrap either, nor are those who are sick and in pain particularly interested in sticking it to the prolifers.

If this tiny exclusive corner of the Internet which has provided necessary comfort for all those described above is to continue to provide that comfort it is absolutely necessary imo to reign in any compulsion on the part of some of its members to place themselves front and centre in a perceived ideological battle which they mistakenly believe will be a turning point in history for the politics of suicide. Nobody will get their peaceful pill this way, and any further embarrassing media scrutiny for this website would do more harm than good not only for this website, but for many of the people who we don't necessarily see but who absolutely rely on it.

Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
There's a few people clamouring to make some kind of public political movement in the wake of the article and l really do think this needs to be dampened a tad.

There are many layers to this site in my experience. Much of the content is "driven" by the most dominant voices, which is the case for most online forums. Therefore the most visible layer at present is that of the most regular posters, who are often from a similar demographic and a lot of content and output produced is not going to be of interest to every single suicidal person. For many, this site acts as a social media hub - l do not say this as criticism as again, this is the norm for an online forum.

Beneath that layer exist those who contribute less frequently, who dip in an out of topics according to their interests, they are probably not interested in games or anyone's sex life, they may interact in a more discerning way and many do not like to exchange opinions or debate publicly. They often come for the method, and hang around a bit thereafter - they are probably far less interested in being part of a political / PR movement than the very vocal content drivers in the first tranch. This quieter layer is bigger than most would assume, however this site exists for them too.

Then there are those on the brink of despair who come here for what is this site's main attraction - the contact details of an N supplier. Many of these people will join, ask their questions, get their delivery, and disappear, never to be seen again. Many will be very ill yet unable to meet the euthanasia criteria, and for them this website is absolutely vital, and it exists as much for them as it does for anyone who has racked up 7000 posts. It's fair to assume these people, at the brink of despair, aren't interested in being involved in a political scrap either, nor are those who are sick and in pain particularly interested in sticking it to the prolifers.

If this tiny exclusive corner of the Internet which has provided necessary comfort for all those described above is to continue to provide that comfort it is absolutely necessary imo to reign in any compulsion on the part of some of its members to place themselves front and centre in a perceived ideological battle which they mistakenly believe will be a turning point in history for the politics of suicide. Nobody will get their peaceful pill this way, and any further embarrassing media scrutiny for this website would do more harm than good not only for this website, but for many of the people who we don't necessarily see but who absolutely rely on it.

As much as I wish this were not true, I agree with you. SS and sites like SS are not here to change public policy on euthanasia and suicide but to provide a supportive community for suffering people and to allow autonomous adults to make decisions about their lives through making suppressed information available.

Every decision we make should be made with this goal in mind. That is not to say I do not see the value in arguing our case or exploring the merits behind our ideas. It just needs to be done strategically and not in a way that strengthens those who wish to see this community throttled.

Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
As much as I wish this were not true, I agree with you. SS and sites like SS are not here to change public policy on euthanasia and suicide but to provide a supportive community for suffering people and to allow autonomous adults to make decisions about their lives through making suppressed information available.

Every decision we make should be made with this goal in mind. That is not to say I do not see the value in arguing our case or exploring the merits behind our ideas. It just needs to be done strategically and not in a way that strengthens those who wish to see this community throttled.
Thank you, this very succinct appraisal of why this website exists is very well put and timely imo.

I will add here that imo this also applies to inflammatory comments made directly by those on this site towards those who seek to close it down, particularly very personal comments relating to their lost loved one. I've taken flak for this position elsewhere and l don't wish to relitigate it but anything which presents this website in such a callous way can be used against it. It might feel cathartic to do a big FUCK YOU TO THE PROLIFERS but if such individual interactions are later compiled and used against all of us, and this website is negatively affected further as a result, then those silent people who need this website as a source of information will be affected and impacted also, and for all the bluster about sticking it to prolifers the biggest impact that would be felt as a result of this reaction would again be those who silently use this website to source information.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Yes you are so right, I remember the problems we faced when we were dropped by cloud fare, we were desperate to get back in track. Hope a new domain is announced if this gets shut to give us time to be aware, Rain and Meretlein, you deserve so much more than you think. For me you are 2 guardian angels. I still in shock M is gone. And his purple avatar.

RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
Thanks everyone. I appreciate all the kind support and affirmation! I'm glad my anouncement is met with such a positive response.

I'd like to address the concern that this website could disappear anytime soon due to ongoing social outrage. I'm confident that's not gonna happen. As I've said previously, we're not going anywhere and the attention will fade down eventually. We're prepared for the worst case and I suggest you follow our Twitter account just in case anything happens. That's where you'll get new information if this website is down for whatever reason.

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019

I love this idea. Any journalists here??

Simba

Simba

Missunderstood Potato
Dec 9, 2018
How would we publish a piece about our take on this ? No media is gonna want this otherwise theyll recieve major backlash too.. no one wants to admit the truth of what everything really is - people rather live in their own bubbles these days.. if i were a journalist id do a piece on our take ,heck id be more than happy to do journaling all about mental health n such FROM the perspective of people with mental illnesses n what not cause our opinions are just as valid and important - if not ,more important. I know of a news reporter where i live hes got autism too ,he got me my VHS tapes once and he usetoo publish for well known newspaper here but i think he resigned cause hes going back to UK
Thanks everyone. I appreciate all the kind support and affirmation! I'm glad my anouncement is met with such a positive response.

I'd like to address the concern that this website could disappear anytime soon due to ongoing social outrage. I'm confident that's not gonna happen. As I've said previously, we're not going anywhere and the attention will fade down eventually. We're prepared for the worst case and I suggest you follow our Twitter account just in case anything happens. That's where you'll get new information if this website is down for whatever reason.
It all boils down to societys outlook on people like us.. society should take a good look before making any assumptions and blaming people for whatever reason. This is 2021 and people still think that just cause they didnt moniter their kid or what not that they can blame whoever they feel like. Just like you said we won't be going anywhere no matter what happens.. if they dont like what they see then maybe they should just scroll on or whatever

Last edited:
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
I'm going to make quite clear here, because people seem intent upon following this up, that if it is to be done at all it should only be done purely by the individual *representing themselves* and not by somebody appointing themselves as de facto advocate for everyone using this site. I certainly do not want or need anyone from this forum to publicly state positions on my behalf and l will strongly oppose anyone who attempts it.

Circles

Circles

Sep 3, 2018
I'm going to make quite clear here, because people seem intent upon following this up, that if it is to be done at all it should only be done purely by the individual *representing themselves* and not by somebody appointing themselves as de facto advocate for everyone using this site. I certainly do not want or need anyone from this forum to publicly state positions on my behalf and l will strongly oppose anyone who attempts it.
I agree to a point about what you've said, but don't you think at the very least we should defend ourselves against what they're accusing us of? I mean hell they're calling us serial killers, child murderers, a cult, and now it's terrorists. And what's fucked up is that the public is believing them more than us. So I don't know what to do and I'm not saying we should reach out to everyone and everything to spread our truth or whatever it's just I feel we should at the very least tell our side in some small way. But then again that's assuming if anyone cares to even listen.

I mean we already got someone who rebuttaled the NYT article:

Last edited:
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
I agree to a point about what you've said, but don't you think at the very least we should defend ourselves against what they're accusing us of? I mean hell they're calling us serial killers, child murderers, a cult, and now it's terrorists. And what's fucked up is that the public is believing them more than us. So I don't know what to do and I'm not saying we should reach out to everyone and everything to spread our truth or whatever it's just I feel we should at the very least tell our side in some small way. But then again that's assuming if anyone cares to even listen.

I mean we already got someone who rebuttaled the NYT article:

Yes, someone did rebut that article and we should be grateful that this occurred, coming from someone with no vested interest in the website who was willing to invest some thought into suicide beyond "death cult" narrative - l do feel that any further negative PR we generate for ourselves through a misguided notion of "fighting back" will make such people disinclined to go out to bat for us in future, which will ultimately be a net negative.

Circles

Circles

Sep 3, 2018
Yes, someone did rebut that article and we should be grateful that this occurred, coming from someone with no vested interest in the website who was willing to invest some thought into suicide beyond "death cult" narrative - l do feel that any further negative PR we generate for ourselves through a misguided notion of "fighting back" will make such people disinclined to go out to bat for us in future, which will ultimately be a net negative.

That's the thing this place has never done any PR outside this forum as far as I know. And I'm not saying we should fight back even though I know plenty of people here want to, I just want to make people understand the actual situation and our side whereas the public is only getting a one sided biased part of the story. I'm not trying to win hearts and minds or spread the word of assisted/pro choice suicide.

Do you think that no matter what we say even if it was proofed read before submitting won't help the situation at all? If so I can atleast somewhat agree given the fact that I feel most people don't actually care so.

I mean can you give any reasons why not and why it'll be negative?

Simba

Simba

Missunderstood Potato
Dec 9, 2018
That's the thing this place has never done any PR outside this forum as far as I know. And I'm not saying we should fight back even though I know plenty of people here want to, I just want to make people understand the actual situation and our side whereas the public is only getting a one sided biased part of the story. I'm not trying to win hearts and minds or spread the word of assisted/pro choice suicide.

Do you think that no matter what we say even if it was proofed read before submitting won't help the situation at all? If so I can atleast somewhat agree given the fact that I feel most people don't actually care so.

I mean can you give any reasons why not and why it'll be negative?
I actually made pages to expose the very people and posted shots of their shit behaviour towards us so others can see

Reactions: CallOfTheVoid112