• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

weargon

weargon

Experienced
Apr 20, 2019
"The Conspiracy against the Human Race is renowned horror writer Thomas Ligotti's first work of nonfiction. Through impressively wide-ranging discussions of and reflections on literary and philosophical works of a pessimistic bent, he shows that the greatest horrors are not the products of our imagination. The worst and most plentiful horrors are instead to be found in reality. Mr. Ligotti's calm, but often bloodcurdling turns of phrase, evoke the dreadfulness of the human condition. Those who cannot bear the truth will pretend this is another work of fiction, but in doing so they perpetuate the conspiracy of the book's title "

Who has read this book? I discovered it after looking into where the lines from True Detective Season 1 came from. The book is pretty mind blowing. If you've read it I'd love to hear what you think, and what your favorite parts are. If you haven't, you can find PDFs of it online, or go read up some amazon/youtube reviews. You can also read some quotes from the book to get an idea:

One of the most interesting things I read in it was a quote of Zapffe:

A breach in the very unity of life, a biological paradox, an abomination, an
absurdity, an exaggeration of disastrous nature. Life had overshot its target,
blowing itself apart. A species had been armed too heavily—by spirit made
almighty without, but equally a menace to its own well-being. Its weapon was like
a sword without hilt or plate, a two-edged blade cleaving everything; but he who is
to wield it must grasp the blade and turn one edge toward himself.

Despite his new eyes, man was still rooted in matter, his soul spun into it and
subordinated to its blind laws. And yet he could see matter as a stranger, compare
himself to all phenomena, see through and locate his vital processes. He comes to
nature as an unbidden guest, in vain extending his arms to beg conciliation with
his maker: Nature answers no more; it performed a miracle with man, but later
did not know him.
He has lost his right of residence in the universe, has eaten
from the Tree of Knowledge and been expelled from Paradise. He is mighty in the
near world, but curses his might as purchased with his harmony of soul, his
innocence, his inner peace in life's embrace.

Last edited:
JSRF

JSRF

Student
May 30, 2018
I tried to read it recently, but my limited english vocabulary makes it hard to understand for me and it hasn't been translated to german apparently

weargon

weargon

Experienced
Apr 20, 2019
It's already a bit of a challenge to read in English (due to my short attention span and inclination more towards technical literature than regular works). So I can definitely see how it would be a bit difficult to read for a German speaking person.