Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
Have you ever heard of this Album? It's a very well crafted piece of music that captures the stages of Dementia/Alzheimer's Disease. From somewhat distinguishable yet crackly ballroom music to fluctuating hard to understand noise. It resonates and also brings me deep pain because I have suffered multiple head injuries growing up and have a higher chance of suffering from such illnesses. I will warn that if you're in a down mood maybe to not listen to this and also that this in it's entirety is 6 and a half hours long. Thanks for reading.

• Love
Reactions: waived and SquirrelsInMyPants
SquirrelsInMyPants

SquirrelsInMyPants

Nov 4, 2020
I once watch a youtube video in which this album was addressed, and I've been meaning to listen to it but I haven't found the appropriate time to do it. Anyway, thanks for the remainder to do that before ctb

Reactions: Green Destiny
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
My Mum died of dementia (after a fall). It was the worst thing I've ever witnessed, to see that gradual decline. I'm as open as possible about things on here, but that is something I'd never share the details of in open forum. Too raw.

However, there are significant advances in research into the condition, including medications that significantly slow it's progress and research into how and why it happens. If it's something you fear, then there are things you can put in place for the future in terms of helping yourself and mitigating the damage.

Reactions: Green Destiny and waived