F

fakeimportance

May 4, 2023
We should be allowed to have our own views on a public forum. Often the opposite is true and the mods delete anything they don't agree with. Some of us just want to live in peace with freedom of peace without trans stuff rammed down our throat.
Oh no, people are talking about a very real and debilitating life experience that you will be lucky enough to never relate to. So sorry they rammed this down your throat. I guess you will just have to go back to, oh I don't know, not caring or getting triggered about things that don't personally affect you.

• Yay!
Reactions: Kichiissad, WorthlessTrash, grimes and 1 other person
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
People are allowed to have alternative viewpoints. Those viewpoints are rooted in an understanding of basic biology that has existed throughout all of human history. When a doctor turns a boy's penis into a faux vagina, the term "genital mutilation" is apropos. There are videos of hospitals admitting that sex-reassignment surgeries are financially lucrative (e.g. Vanderbilt University Medical Center). There are videos of hospitals admitting that they do these surgeries on minors (e.g. Boston Children's Hospital). This is not some alt-right conspiracy theory. There are detransitioners who attest to these things as well.

A viewpoint is not "phobic" just because you disagree with it. That is the problem with discourse in our society today. People are too quick to label their opposition as racist, bigoted, or something ending with -phobic. You might not believe this but the people saying these supposedly "transphobic" things do want you to feel better. We have compassion for what you are going through. However, we are absolutely confident that putting minors on cross-sex hormones and giving them plastic surgery will not fix the underlying problem. With that said, I genuinely wish you the best with your struggle.
I am a biologist, and the world's leading authority in my own field. I have written the standard reference work in that field. I also know a lot about trans people and about their history. (It's a long history, going back many thousands of years, and through almost all cultures.) You are talking complete bullshit. For a start, you need to learn the difference betwen "sex" and "gender". Until you have managed to get your mind around that very basic matter, I see no pont in having any futher discussion with you. But if and when you have educated yourself a little, I'll be happy to engage in a discussion.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: woundfvcker, NoLoveNoHope, grimes and 3 others
S

slanabhaile

Mar 25, 2023
Sorry you had to go through this OP. I hope you know there are far more people who support LGBTQ+ issues out there than those who don't, it's very unfortunate however that the most hateful voices are the loudest

Reactions: borderline-feline, msocks and Linda
A

AerialBoundaries

The Songs of Distant Earth.
Sep 18, 2022
I'll never understand the mentality of people who got out of their way to make marginalised people's lives worse. I concede that I was ill educated in the past on the issues that trans folk face, but I never went out of my way to say hurtful things or make their struggles worse.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, borderline-feline, msocks and 1 other person
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
I'll never understand the mentality of people who got out of their way to make marginalised people's lives worse. I concede that I was ill educated in the past on the issues that trans folk face, but I never went out of my way to say hurtful things or make their struggles worse.
Very often, religion is behind it. People commonly use religion to demonise things they are unfamiliar with. And since religious people usually think they are 100% right and everyone else is 100% wrong, they don't take the trouble to actually find out the facts. (When you already "know" the answer, there is no need for facts.)

Reactions: Rogue Proxy, borderline-feline, msocks and 3 others
A

AerialBoundaries

The Songs of Distant Earth.
Sep 18, 2022
Very often, religion is behind it. People commonly use religion to demonise things they are unfamiliar with. And since religious people usually think they are 100% right and everyone else is 100% wrong, they don't take the trouble to actually find out the facts. (When you already "know" the answer, there is no need for facts.)
I'd say religion is the main driving force, for sure. So many people still living in the dark ages. The best decision I made in life, when I was 16, was giving up religion and I was a devout Catholic growing up. I went to chapel twice a week and was an alter boy. The amount of horrible thoughts that were drilled into our heads, even back then, is sickening.

Reactions: Rogue Proxy, borderline-feline, msocks and 2 others
Lullaby

Lullaby

🌙
Mar 9, 2022
I never understand this stuff at all, particularly on here.

There's transphobes, homophobes, racists, misandrists, misogynists all on this website.

Fighting for your right to express your beliefs doesn't make any sense on here; a site where all kinds of people from different backgrounds, countries, races, genders, social classes are literally all suffering with the same thing. It's kinda ironically funny fighting someone who is no different from you at the end of the day.

Depression, trauma, suicide, illnesses; they don't discriminate. So why not just leave all of that stuff at the door? It's disappointing because you find this on any other website. But here? I feel it should be more supportive.

Reactions: woundfvcker, SexyIncél, borderline-feline and 1 other person
AshClouds

AshClouds

In time I started growing inward.
Apr 10, 2023
holy shit shut the fuck up
That is the perfect response! I don't want to be negative towards other users on here, but I think I lost a few IQ points reading that guys post.
I'm not hysterical; I'm just being realistic while you're just being an asshole. You may feel that your bullshit is appropriate, but that doesn't make it so. I also may not be able to shut you up, but at this rate, mods just might end up getting you to shut up. Keep in mind, the administrator of this forum is a trans woman, and she's chimed in on multiple threads I've made where bigots started saying hateful bullshit.

All you're doing is spreading hateful and unscientific bullshit. If someone "disagrees with transgenderism", then they're a bigot and should be informed of reality. I characterized a politician saying that she wouldn't do anything to help her suicidal child as bigotry because it is. It's funny how you haven't addressed the actual example I gave of someone sexually harassing me on a thread I made to vent about my dysphoria, probably because acknowledging that would mean that you have to acknowledge the discrimination that I experience.

I just wanna be left alone to live (or die). That's what trans people in general want, but people like you come in and start describing our healthcare as mutilation. You're a thoroughly insufferable person.

This is literally a vent thread, yet here you are, spewing venom. At least live up to the standard you mentioned in your reply.
Its the classic "let me say some bigoted shit, push it as a valid view point and say 'lets all get along'" garbage I've been hearing for years now. It's fucking tiring…

Reactions: msocks, NoLoveNoHope and borderline-feline
redisblue

redisblue

"cut me clean, till i can't think anymore."
Feb 12, 2023
I had to take a break from this forum due to the amount of times I've seen people saying horrible things about trans people here. I've come back and unfortunately it's just as bad if not worse. It seems really bad even in this thread. I wish people would stop debating our existence. Just seeing people think we shouldn't be here or shouldn't have rights makes me want to CTB. OP, don't worry, we've all got your back. We all gotta stick together and fight back against these idiots <3

• Hugs
Reactions: Linda and cgrtt.brns