Hikikomori1

Hikikomori1

Experienced
Mar 27, 2023
In my opinion the 2000s was the last decade that was actually good or at least somewhat decent.

It was the last era before all the PC culture/Cancel culture the last era where people were allowed to be funny without people getting offended or looking for things to be offended by and the last era where analog and digital technology co-existed together and not everything was completely digital like it is now and a lot of things were still done the old fashion way.

It was also the golden age of the internet with Myspace early YouTube Newgrounds AOL and MSN and that is an era we can never get back.

Society and culture started to decline around mid 2007 since that was the start of the transitional period between 2000s culture and early 2010s culture with 2009 being the start of the early 2010s culture and 2012 was the year our modern culture really began.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: Immensevoid, flowers in the mist, gbi2 and 8 others
AloeGarten

AloeGarten

magicka
May 14, 2021
true, i was only born in 03 but i wish i was the age i am now in the 2000s, im not a fan of how the world and society is now. technology really changed the world a lot, for better and for worse. also misaki pfp, respect

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi, Praestat_Mori, Eternal🌈Rainbow and 2 others
gogoprince

gogoprince

Dec 19, 2021
Omg honestly though in my opinion living in the past is kind of cringe anyway, but the 2000s? Really?

And because people could make offensive jokes? This is literally why some mfers become suicidal is because they get hung up on literal nonsense, no offense (speaking from experience).

Also you go back to the 2000s I guarantee you the discourse about political correctness is indeed a hot topic except for them its "Why is it politically incorrect for us to call gay people abominations?" or something like that.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: Adûnâi, Abandoned Character, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
Hikikomori1

Hikikomori1

Experienced
Mar 27, 2023
Omg honestly though in my opinion living in the past is kind of cringe

Trendy normie.

, but the 2000s? Really?

And because people could make offensive jokes? This is literally why some mfers become suicidal is because they get hung up on literal nonsense, no offense (speaking from experience).

Did you even read the rest of the post i was not only talking about jokes and let me ask you this would you rather lived in the 2000s or current day 2020s with codvid and depression?

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and TheGoodGuy
gogoprince

gogoprince

Dec 19, 2021
Trendy normie.

Did you even read the rest of the post i was not only talking about jokes and let me ask you this would you rather lived in the 2000s or current day 2020s with codvid and depression?
Gril, that's even more cringe. You're saying the 2000s was great because we got "Charlie Bit my Finger" and "Metal Gear Awesome"? I'm sorry I respectfully disagree lmao

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi
Hikikomori1

Hikikomori1

Experienced
Mar 27, 2023
true, i was only born in 03 but i wish i was the age i am now in the 2000s, im not a fan of how the world and society is now. technology really changed the world a lot, for better and for worse. also misaki pfp, respect

Well you did experience the late 2000s but not the core part of the decade.
Gril, that's even more cringe. You're saying the 2000s was great because we got "Charlie Bit my Finger" and "Metal Gear Awesome"? I'm sorry I respectfully disagree lmao

First off i am not a girl second yes the 2000s did have a lot of good entertainment and no the decade was not perfect but no decade is the 80s and 90s had shitty things too.
Also you go back to the 2000s I guarantee you the discourse about political correctness is indeed a hot topic except for them its "Why is it politically incorrect for us to call gay people abominations?" or something like that.

The difference between then and now is that back then the vast majority of people did not care about politics whereas today everyone is obsessed with them and will not stfu.

Last edited:
  • Love
gogoprince

gogoprince

Dec 19, 2021
First off i am not a girl second yes the 2000s did have a lot of good entertainment and no the decade was not perfect but no decade is the 80s and 90s had shitty things too.
Every decade has good entertainment and bad entertainment. But the fact is we're living here now in 2023 and there are things more important than being entertained lmao. And those things from the 2000s never went away you can literally rent 'White Chicks' right now if you wanted to.

• Love
tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
The difference between then and now is that back then the vast majority of people did not care about politics whereas today everyone is obsessed with them and will not stfu.
That's definitely not a fact. Maybe where you live that's true, or some think it's true. But that's not necessarily the world.

The expansion of social media, again, might have an effect on this.

Reactions: gbi2, Flameboyant, traumer and 2 others
Hikikomori1

Hikikomori1

Experienced
Mar 27, 2023
Every decade has good entertainment and bad entertainment. But the fact is we're living here now in 2023 and there are things more important than being entertained lmao. And those things from the 2000s never went away you can literally rent 'White Chicks' right now if you wanted to.

No shit but my point is the humor went away and now a lot of the writing/humor in those movies and TV shows is considered problematic.
That's definitely not a fact. Maybe where you live that's true, or some think it's true. But that's not necessarily the world.

The expansion of social media, again, might have an effect on this.

Yes some people did give a shit but most people were indifferent and did not they just went about their lives.

This is coming from someone in his 30s who grew up during that time.

Last edited:
  • Love
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
It was also the golden age of the internet with Myspace early YouTube Newgrounds AOL and MSN and that is an era we can never get back.

missing Myspace ? visit sites such as Friend Project and Spacehey

missing MSN and AOL ? use Escargot

want sites with similar aesthetics from said time or a while before that era ?
visit Neocities, Dreamwidth, Dead Journal, and YTMND

for VRML stuff I recommend Microsoft V-Chat, Microsoft Comic Chat, Palace Chat, and Worlds Player

I also recommend browsing various directories

there is a site that has similar aesthetics to old YouTube and old Twitter but I can't remember their names

(I will update this if I can find them along with some good directory sites)

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi, Praestat_Mori and Hikikomori1
Hikikomori1

Hikikomori1

Experienced
Mar 27, 2023
missing Myspace ? visit sites such as Friend Project and Spacehey

missing MSN and AOL ? use Escargot

want sites with similar aesthetics from said time or a while before that era ?
visit Neocities, Dreamwidth, Dead Journal, and YTMND

for VRML stuff I recommend Microsoft V-Chat, Microsoft Comic Chat, Palace Chat, and Worlds Player

I also recommend browsing various directories

there is a site that has similar aesthetics to old YouTube and old Twitter but I can't remember their names

(I will update this if I can find them along with some good directory sites)

Cool thanks.

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi and psp3000
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I'd go even earlier to the 90s. I don't think we can handle the internet and all the massive changes it's made to society. But then I was just a young kid in the 90s and probably had an idealized view of it.

Certainly, some things have improved. Changing attitudes about the rights of women and the LGB have definitely benefited me.

Reactions: ColorlessTrees
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
If I get the mental energy again I will write a damn novel about the things OP is talking about (probably would be ignored but I will) because it is spot on no just the nostalgia crap I actually dish up with., I better stop here I can feel my urge to write will take over soon and I don´t feel like wasted 1 hour writing something that will get liked by maybe 2 people.

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi and Hikikomori1
Hikikomori1

Hikikomori1

Experienced
Mar 27, 2023
If I get the mental energy again I will write a damn novel about the things OP is talking about (probably would be ignored but I will) because it is spot on no just the nostalgia crap I actually dish up with., I better stop here I can feel my urge to write will take over soon and I don´t feel like wasted 1 hour writing something that will get liked by maybe 2 people.

Oh please go on i am interested.

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi and TheGoodGuy
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Good for whom? There were people still suffering. It is a curse of this flawed human body we choose to ignore.

As a human you are born and then you go through process of decaying. You watch your loved ones die, your body failling, or much much worse. You can live in a bubble but one day it pops for everyone.

2000, 2023, what really is the difference for those who suffer? There are people now suffering a bit less than you who are fine with 2023 for the time being, that doesn't make it great in the bigger picture.

Look at the design. Isn't the whole concept flawed. Look at nature and beings hurting and feeding of each other for the fuel and satisfaction. How is any year good in this life?

You can pull any statistic you want but I would never see this life or any year "good". Even with moments of relief. I can see a kitten die of malnourishment one day because it's mom left it in the grass all alone and I wouldn't care if the rest of the world was having a good time at that particular moment.

Nature is cruel regardless of age and it comes for everyone regardless of them being ignorant of it. At this very moment someone is being in pain we can't even imagine. Even people with horrible issues themselves. Same with 2000. That alone is enough for me to not see any time as good because like I asked, good for whom?

• Love
leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
Everything after 2016 sucked. I would say 2014 was the turning point, I just think everything truly sucked from 2017 onwards.

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi, moonlightwilderness and Hikikomori1
Hikikomori1

Hikikomori1

Experienced
Mar 27, 2023
Everything after 2016 sucked. I would say 2014 was the turning point, I just think everything truly sucked from 2017 onwards.

2012-2014 is when the modern PC culture started and 2016/2017 is when cancel culture started.

• Love
C

ClownWorld2023

Arcanist
Sep 18, 2023
I myself enjoyed the computer and internet era of the early 2000s too.
The only part I don't miss are the parts of the internet that were heavy-infested with viruses, trojans and malware.
Even anti-viruses could not protect you against that.

• Love
Blackpepperpancake

Blackpepperpancake

Help me to breathe
Nov 22, 2023
I'm 100% sure that the older generations have said the same things as yours.

"yeah the year 2000's was the best, 1980's was the best era, etc etc"

However we have to admit that at that time there are some hardships and severe issues which we can surpassed or fixed it in this year, like desease or lgbt+ rights. I understand how powerful the nostalgic feeling is, but I don't want to looking throught the past with rose tint lens or regrets, I can't pretend that people at that time too, had suffered a lot just we have the same.

Sure you can go back to that era, not 100% time travel, but by listening songs, watching medias, and believe me there are tons of them that give yhe same vibe as 2000's. This might seems like I disagree with you or offense you in anyway then I apologised in advance

Reactions: ColorlessTrees and Celerity
Hikikomori1

Hikikomori1

Experienced
Mar 27, 2023
I myself enjoyed the computer and internet era of the early 2000s too.
The only part I don't miss are the parts of the internet that were heavy-infested with viruses, trojans and malware.
Even anti-viruses could not protect you against that.

Same.

Rapière

Rapière

On the brink
Jul 7, 2022
In what ways have 'cancel culture' and political corectness lead to a cultural and societal decline?

Reactions: Celerity
tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
Yes some people did give a shit but most people were indifferent and did not they just went about their lives.

As I said, it depends on where you were in the world - the invasion of Iraq, for instance, politicised many in the UK to an extent that hasn't been seen, you recall that? Street protests hadn't been that big since the Poll Tax protests.

Of course, if you're talking mainly about political correctness and cancel culture then that's different.

Personally, I felt a big change after the financial collapses of 2008. Especially in the UK, there's been a different social climate since then.

• Love
Reactions: gbi2, Adûnâi, ColorlessTrees and 2 others
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
In my opinion the 2000s was the last decade that was actually good or at least somewhat decent.

It was the last era before all the PC culture/Cancel culture the last era where people were allowed to be funny without people getting offended or looking for things to be offended by and the last era where analog and digital technology co-existed together and not everything was completely digital like it is now and a lot of things were still done the old fashion way.

Society and culture started to decline around mid 2007 since that was the start of the transitional period between 2000s culture and early 2010s culture with 2009 being the start of the early 2010s culture and 2012 was the year our modern culture really began.
Sorry got way longer than expected took a whole hour to write and I might think it´s the longest post I have ever written on this forum and also understandable if you or anyone else don´t have the energy to read all that I know how that is, I just got carried away and it kind of became a vent so anyways it gave me some relief I think also might get banned for speaking my mind

I agree and have spoken about this before and I don´t think it´s solely because of my subjective nostalgia, despite I was born in the 90´s and lived my childhood throughout the 90´s and start 00´s I am sure children who lived in the 80´s must´ve had a very similar experience in many ways where they both could play and have fun by using their imagination while also having video games nowadays it´s pretty much 100% screen time.

I also miss the early internet it was the wild west no big corporations like Facebook or YouTube, we had Youtube but it was also just a wild west where people just posted random stuff no sponsered contents or with adds and when Facebook came out you could also post about anything now you get reported for so little stuff I have a female friend who recently got banned for some time for disagreeing with someone on som PC stuff I think she wrote ACAB in relations to some of the police brutality in the US still she got banned for saying what we all are thinking. But around the time Facebook came out the last good decade was about to end I remember a year later in 2010 I got my first Smartphone the worst invention in my lifetime when it comes to OP´s topic. I also miss the good old days with social media like MySpace although I really didn´t use it but we had a similar one in Denmark called Arto it´s like Myspace where you could do many things on including customizing your page to look how you wanted it was so awesome and added so much personality nowadays every social media have the same layout it´s so conformist and boring. I also miss how easy MSN was it had a few options anyone could learn in a couple minutes to use nowadays I feel like you have to be an IT expert to learn the most basic tools to use.

I really also miss the no PC culture and/cancel culture so many things gets ruined today because of it even if the person who was suspected of doing something gets acquitted it doesn´t matter the damage is done the latest that comes to mind is Rick and Morty where the voice actor of the the two main characters got canceled and now we have to make due with a substitute the same for The Witcher where they also fired him for speaking his mind not sure if this is exactly cancel culture don´t think so I just think it happens a lot this is of course just two cases and there are many more just to mention one more which is definitely cancel culture too was when they canceled everything surrounding Kevin Spacey because of some personal stuff which again is cancel culture and is so annoying that it´s not just the actors who get punished we as fans and consumers do to.
To sum it up I am sure there are lots of people who will make reasons as to why this is important I can see the hate OP has gotten already and with my long written post I probably will too. The point is to me I am just so very tired of hearing about this crap all the time and can´t get invested in stuff like a series without it being shut down because some people got offended or just virtual signal to appear they´re offended to get plus points from society.

And don´t get me started on PC culture it´s even worse I feel like back in the day people were casted for their skills not their skin color or gender, we had plenty of diversity back in the day it just wasn´t forced down our throats, there were sitcoms with blacks and women in leading roles which I don´t mind but when you know they just add it now because of the race or gender I just can´t stand it just to name a few examples the new Ghostbusters with full women cast why? It´s so obvious, The new Star Wars movies from Disney you can so clearly see they just chose the cast to be as diverse as possible a woman in the lead, a black man an asian and all the aforementioned groups were all groups of people we grew up loving e.g. (for me) Sam L Jackson in countless movies, Blade (freaking loved blade!) Tomb raider, Underworld was awesome too. And which kid didn´t love Jackie Chan. But all of these didn´t feel forced down our throats and if you mention how it´s obvious they choose these actors because of there race or gender you´re a misogynist, racist or well just a bigot. You can´t even watch a freaking animated Disney movie anymore without they "had to" put a disclaimer in the beginning the Disney movies I grew up with that "there may be racists stuff in the movies made back in the day that current Disney doesn´t believe in" or some shit like that which just shows more PC culture you have to apologize for everything. And I still am a big fan of animated Disney movies but damn there are not a lot of good ones coming out anymore and it seems 99% of them is with colored lead protagonists and it´s so clearly forced, and for many movies now it´s just foreign ethnicities especially a lot of Asian or Spanish ones and it´s so clearly forced and they lack a good plot because the plot is really just this is a strong ethnic person and that´s it here I am especially speaking about Encanto that movie was shit and didn´t have a plot other than yet another Mexican movie. Coco however I think was very good and original for once but it still annoys me that in back of my head I just know they went with that not exactly because they were Mexican but BECAUSE they weren´t white it´s like a (i know the term doesn´t exist) but reverse racism they choose white actors from mostly in live action movies because they´re white just saying and again I never minded in the past about the cast as long as it was a good movie even my 3rd favorite Disney movie of all time is Mulan.

I feel like I could write a whole book about this stuff and at this point it is just a vent so if people don´t mind reading all this complaining I truly get it. But let´s go on. The video game genre. There were games in the past I played with female cast like Tomb raider, or vampire masquerade, Mona Sax from Max Payne to name a few and it was cool but nowadays you can´t even play a war game like Battlefield without PC culture having infected it, I tried Battlefield 2042 lately just to force myself to try new stuff I stopped playing after I saw the PC shit show of BF1 with a female character as one of the main models with a hook for some reason because apparently she didn´t stand out enough already. And just to say it outright there are not many places for men to in a women free zone where we can try and forget for a few hours how unwanted we are. Women have like Women´s only gyms and stuff and other men free zones we had well online video games now I can´t even play Battlefield which I played since Battlefield 2 (2005), Battlefield Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4 and then came the PC game battlefield 1 and when I play an online war game I want the kind of war experience not hearing women screaming after being shot and when I got introduced to my squad it´s a joke you see 5 members and my character which i couldnt decide for myself is a black man but it changes apparently in battle so suddenly when i ask for ammo or a med pack i hear a woman screaming so now in a battlefield game I am all of a sudden a woman can I just play as a man Battlefield like I did for the last 15 years? is that too much to ask for? and then the rest of my squad is a couple other black people 2 of them women one with a big afro which would have been fine for other games but not Battlefield it´s not Battlefield to me it just pulls me right out the experience they mind as well just slap a big sign up saying we are political correct!

I miss originality too like when I grew up we had big franchises they keep on milking today instead of coming up with new stuff. We had Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Pokemon, Beyblade, Yugi-oh, Digimon to name some of the top of my head what have the come out with in the last 10 years? Even the big video game franchises came out more often. Like the GTA franchise back in the day we got a new GTA game every 1-2 years and with GTA 5 it came out it 10.5 years ago and in 10 years back then we had 4 new GTA games and in 15 years we had 7 new GTA games now in 10.5 years we have had 1 game.

TLDR; Basically just agreeing with @Hikikomori1 by giving examples and explaining why all these things are true and what went wrong and what was right in the past.

Last edited:
  • Love
Hikikomori1

Hikikomori1

Experienced
Mar 27, 2023
Sorry got way longer than expected took a whole hour to write and I might think it´s the longest post I have ever written on this forum and also understandable if you or anyone else don´t have the energy to read all that I know how that is, I just got carried away and it kind of became a vent so anyways it gave me some relief I think also might get banned for speaking my mind

I agree and have spoken about this before and I don´t think it´s solely because of my subjective nostalgia, despite I was born in the 90´s and lived my childhood throughout the 90´s and start 00´s I am sure children who lived in the 80´s must´ve had a very similar experience in many ways where they both could play and have fun by using their imagination while also having video games nowadays it´s pretty much 100% screen time.

I also miss the early internet it was the wild west no big corporations like Facebook or YouTube, we had Youtube but it was also just a wild west where people just posted random stuff no sponsered contents or with adds and when Facebook came out you could also post about anything now you get reported for so little stuff I have a female friend who recently got banned for some time for disagreeing with someone on som PC stuff I think she wrote ACAB in relations to some of the police brutality in the US still she got banned for saying what we all are thinking. But around the time Facebook came out the last good decade was about to end I remember a year later in 2010 I got my first Smartphone the worst invention in my lifetime when it comes to OP´s topic. I also miss the good old days with social media like MySpace although I really didn´t use it but we had a similar one in Denmark called Arto it´s like Myspace where you could do many things on including customizing your page to look how you wanted it was so awesome and added so much personality nowadays every social media have the same layout it´s so conformist and boring. I also miss how easy MSN was it had a few options anyone could learn in a couple minutes to use nowadays I feel like you have to be an IT expert to learn the most basic tools to use.

I really also miss the no PC culture and/cancel culture so many things gets ruined today because of it even if the person who was suspected of doing something gets acquitted it doesn´t matter the damage is done the latest that comes to mind is Rick and Morty where the voice actor of the the two main characters got canceled and now we have to make due with a substitute the same for The Witcher where they also fired him for speaking his mind not sure if this is exactly cancel culture don´t think so I just think it happens a lot this is of course just two cases and there are many more just to mention one more which is definitely cancel culture too was when they canceled everything surrounding Kevin Spacey because of some personal stuff which again is cancel culture and is so annoying that it´s not just the actors who get punished we as fans and consumers do to.
To sum it up I am sure there are lots of people who will make reasons as to why this is important I can see the hate OP has gotten already and with my long written post I probably will too. The point is to me I am just so very tired of hearing about this crap all the time and can´t get invested in stuff like a series without it being shut down because some people got offended or just virtual signal to appear they´re offended to get plus points from society.

And don´t get me started on PC culture it´s even worse I feel like back in the day people were casted for their skills not their skin color or gender, we had plenty of diversity back in the day it just wasn´t forced down our throats, there were sitcoms with blacks and women in leading roles which I don´t mind but when you know they just add it now because of the race or gender I just can´t stand it just to name a few examples the new Ghostbusters with full women cast why? It´s so obvious, The new Star Wars movies from Disney you can so clearly see they just chose the cast to be as diverse as possible a woman in the lead, a black man an asian and all the aforementioned groups were all groups of people we grew up loving e.g. (for me) Sam L Jackson in countless movies, Blade (freaking loved blade!) Tomb raider, Underworld was awesome too. And which kid didn´t love Jackie Chan. But all of these didn´t feel forced down our throats and if you mention how it´s obvious they choose these actors because of there race or gender you´re a misogynist, racist or well just a bigot. You can´t even watch a freaking animated Disney movie anymore without they "had to" put a disclaimer in the beginning the Disney movies I grew up with that "there may be racists stuff in the movies made back in the day that current Disney doesn´t believe in" or some shit like that which just shows more PC culture you have to apologize for everything. And I still am a big fan of animated Disney movies but damn there are not a lot of good ones coming out anymore and it seems 99% of them is with colored lead protagonists and it´s so clearly forced, and for many movies now it´s just foreign ethnicities especially a lot of Asian or Spanish ones and it´s so clearly forced and they lack a good plot because the plot is really just this is a strong ethnic person and that´s it here I am especially speaking about Encanto that movie was shit and didn´t have a plot other than yet another Mexican movie. Coco however I think was very good and original for once but it still annoys me that in back of my head I just know they went with that not exactly because they were Mexican but BECAUSE they weren´t white it´s like a (i know the term doesn´t exist) but reverse racism they choose white actors from mostly in live action movies because they´re white just saying and again I never minded in the past about the cast as long as it was a good movie even my 3rd favorite Disney movie of all time is Mulan.

I feel like I could write a whole book about this stuff and at this point it is just a vent so if people don´t mind reading all this complaining I truly get it. But let´s go on. The video game genre. There were games in the past I played with female cast like Tomb raider, or vampire masquerade, Mona Max from Max Payne to name a few and it was cool but nowadays you can´t even play a war game like Battlefield without PC culture having infected it, I tried Battlefield 2042 lately just to force myself to try new stuff I stopped playing after I saw the PC shit show of BF1 with a female character as one of the main models with a hook for some reason because apparently she didn´t stand out enough already. And just to say it outright there are not many places for men to in a women free zone where we can try and forget for a few hours how unwanted we are. Women have like Women´s only gyms and stuff and other men free zones we had well online video games now I can´t even play Battlefield which I played since Battlefield 2 (2005), Battlefield Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4 and then came the PC game battlefield 1 and when I play an online war game I want the kind of war experience not hearing women screaming after being shot and when I got introduced to my squad it´s a joke you see 5 members and my character which i couldnt decide for myself is a black man but it changes apparently in battle so suddenly when i ask for ammo or a med pack i hear a woman screaming so now in a battlefield game I am all of a sudden a woman can I just play as a man Battlefield like I did for the last 15 years? is that too much to ask for? and then the rest of my squad is a couple other black people 2 of them women one with a big afro which would have been fine for other games but not Battlefield it´s not Battlefield to me it just pulls me right out the experience they mind as well just slap a big sign up saying we are political correct!

I miss originality too like when I grew up we had big franchises they keep on milking today instead of coming up with new stuff. We had Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Pokemon, Beyblade, Yugi-oh, Digimon to name some of the top of my head what have the come out with in the last 10 years? Even the big video game franchises came out more often. Like the GTA franchise back in the day we got a new GTA game every 1-2 years and with GTA 5 it came out it 10.5 years ago and in 10 years back then we had 4 new GTA games and in 15 years we had 7 new GTA games now in 10.5 years we have had 1 game.

TLDR; Basically just agreeing with @Hikikomori1 by giving examples and explaining why all these things are true and what went wrong and what was right in the past.

Great post i agree with everything you said.
In what ways have 'cancel culture' and political corectness lead to a cultural and societal decline?

Mob mentality has destroyed the lives of innocent people and the fact that you can be fired from your job over an edgy joke you made in 2005 is really sad and shows a cultural and societal decline.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Adûnâi, TheGoodGuy and moonlightwilderness
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Great post i agree with everything you said.
Can´t believe that you read all that and I am glad you agree I mean it´s just objective facts

• Love
Abandoned Character

Abandoned Character

(he./him)
Mar 24, 2023
Spoiler alert: no one cared about politics during this time period because you were a child

You're saying people care too much about politics these days, what you're actually saying is that you are of a demographic that is in no danger of having their rights being taken away.

• Love
Reactions: Rapière
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Since I am going on a rant I would like to add the movie Elemental to the PC category, it looked like they really tried to up the animation style on that movie but the majority of the plot is racism under a veil so kids don´t understand it it seems to me. Like the fire people are the minority group that immigrate to a foreign land and everyone looks down upon that´s the majority of the plot or the narrative at least the main plot is just horrible I think it´s actually the animated movie with the worst or rather lacking of a plot.

• Love
Hikikomori1

Hikikomori1

Experienced
Mar 27, 2023
Spoiler alert: no one cared about politics during this time period because you were a child

You're saying people care too much about politics these days, what you're actually saying is that you are of a demographic that is in no danger of having their rights being taken away.

I was 10-16 from 2003-2009 which was my pre and early adolescence so i was old enough to understand the political culture of that era during my pre-teen and early teen years.

The new Star Wars movies from Disney

I am still mad that Disney acts like the EU never happened now.

To me Heir to the empire will always be episode 7.
Since I am going on a rant I would like to add the movie Elemental to the PC category, it looked like they really tried to up the animation style on that movie but the majority of the plot is racism under a veil so kids don´t understand it it seems to me. Like the fire people are the minority group that immigrate to a foreign land and everyone looks down upon that´s the majority of the plot or the narrative at least the main plot is just horrible I think it´s actually the animated movie with the worst or rather lacking of a plot.

This is a little depressing to look at but look at all these people actually paying attention to the world around them nobody is looking at their phone and you can even see flip phones being advertised.

Last edited:
  • Love