• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
The media can claim what they want about this forum. But we don't have the issue that right-wing extremist politics content or conspiracy theories were too prevelant. I out-spam all of them combined with my political mainstream comments that noone wants or even reads.

Do I have to add something so that this thread is not considered spam? I find it interesting that many people with a different political opinion write me: well I disagree with basically everything you say (on politics) but your threads are thoughful and worth to read. That is pretty kind.

I think extreme political content is not allowed here and I think if it is very fringe content that is probably the right decision. I am not sure whether all people really express their real opinion. I read some people are scared to be open about their position in this forum. However I think these people had very fringe/extreme opinions. Someone said something like I don't talk about politics here because I am scared to lose the access to this community or suicide resources.

I think when one considers that many people here suffer from trauma or hurtful experiences it is probably right to prohibit content that infringes human rights. A lot of people here faced a lot of hatred in their lives and don't want to be bothered on here by this. This is probably also one reason why the politics sub-forum was created.

I am not exactly sure how bad it is in other forums though I have the feeling it is way worse. I have the feeling this forum is more civilized on this topic. Someone was sort of shocked that we have some members with extreme positions. Though I think on average they are just more vocal than the average Joe and Jane.

J

jeton nucleus

Mar 28, 2023
I think the bigger problem how things are labeled extremist or conspiracy theories. Conspiracy theories used to be things like man never walked on the moon, aliens assassinated JFK, or Elvis is running a donut shot in Dayton, Ohio. In recent years, people like me have been labeled conspiracy theorist for believing that Trump did not collude with Russia to win in 2016, COVID came from a lab, and Hunter Biden's laptop was real. All those things are true (well, the lab leak theory is likely to be true). Worse yet, the people who labeled these things "conspiracy theories" knew that they were true. Nowadays, beliefs like drag queens shouldn't read to kids and teachers shouldn't talk to eight-year-old kids about sex are being labeled "extreme" despite being considered commonsense for decades. People use terms like "extremist" and "conspiracy theory" to shut down conversation. That is a much bigger problem than people sharing views that can easily be dismissed.

Reactions: 710
T

The Unpenetrated

Mar 1, 2023
The media can claim what they want about this forum. But we don't have the issue that right-wing extremist politics content or conspiracy theories were too prevelant. I out-spam all of them combined with my political mainstream comments that noone wants or even reads.

Do I have to add something so that this thread is not considered spam? I find it interesting that many people with a different political opinion write me: well I disagree with basically everything you say (on politics) but your threads are thoughful and worth to read. That is pretty kind.

I think extreme political content is not allowed here and I think if it is very fringe content that is probably the right decision. I am not sure whether all people really express their real opinion. I read some people are scared to be open about their position in this forum. However I think these people had very fringe/extreme opinions. Someone said something like I don't talk about politics here because I am scared to lose the access to this community or suicide resources.

I think when one considers that many people here suffer from trauma or hurtful experiences it is probably right to prohibit content that infringes human rights. A lot of people here faced a lot of hatred in their lives and don't want to be bothered on here by this. This is probably also one reason why the politics sub-forum was created.

I am not exactly sure how bad it is in other forums though I have the feeling it is way worse. I have the feeling this forum is more civilized on this topic. Someone was sort of shocked that we have some members with extreme positions. Though I think on average they are just more vocal than the average Joe and Jane.
Question: does opposition to NATO count as right wing extremism? Just wondering.

leloyon

leloyon

Sick Of It All
Feb 4, 2023
I find it disappointing that anything considered "politically extreme" or a "conspiracy theory" is automatically dismissed by most people.

Reactions: DarkMilk
C

Close-Minded

Apr 2, 2023

I mean we have the issue of left-wing extremist