G

goingrealsoon

Apr 16, 2021
I have been speaking with a trusted friend about my plan to ctb. He has been graciously been speaking with me daily. I am generally so affected that I can barely speak at times and have to do some deep breathing to overcome my impulse to weep uncontrolably. Yesterday he said that it would be a good idea to speak with my Sister about my intentions. He suggests being honest with her about my reasons; which I can't imagine actually articulating to her. But of all of this preparation and contemplation to ctb I have been most distrought on how it will impact her. Obviously ctb will present my last and final act of total selfishness, or that is how I see it. I just can't imagine speaking with her will do anything but break her heart (which I will have to hear and feel), and leave her feeling helpless to do anything about it, as I am in a foriegn country for starters. I just wanted get your input on this dilema, and maybe what you are thinking about doing?

Thank you,
Goingrealsoon

• Hugs
Reactions: lanax09
blue_muse

blue_muse

Mage
Jan 31, 2021
You could weigh up the positives and negatives comparing how your friend reacted with how your sister is likely to react. If all else fails, there's nothing selfish writing your sister a detailed letter :happy:.

• Love
Reactions: WornOutLife
G

goingrealsoon

Apr 16, 2021
You could weigh up the positives and negatives comparing how your friend reacted with how your sister is likely to react. If all else fails, there's nothing selfish writing your sister a detailed letter :happy:.
Thank you. I really appreciate your input.

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Personally, I wouldn't tell anybody about my ctb because those who love me, will just try to prevent me from ctb and make me feel better by sending me to a psych ward and "heal my mind".

Last edited:
Reactions: HowNowBrownCow and blue_muse
lanax09

lanax09

Experienced
Apr 17, 2021
that sounds like an awful dilemma to be in, good luck if you decide to tell her, and remember that ctb is not selfish if you do not desire to hurt her so don't be too hard on yourself

Reactions: blue_muse
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I would probably choose to write a note for after you have gone. If people know about what you are planning they will try everything to stop it. I guess a note will give an explanation and maybe some closure.

Reactions: HowNowBrownCow