• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

CuriosityAndCat

CuriosityAndCat

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.
Nov 2, 2023
Important update: I'm seeing good psychiatrist and psychologist atm. I think I was just unlucky and found these two because they were easy to get appt same week due to them being bad. These were the worst. It's important to shop around.

The worst psychologist I ever had didn't really know what he was doing. Looking back I wish I had checked out his credentials. No way he had a PhD or PsyD. I asked him to get me an ADHD waiver and basically just asked me do you feel like you get distracted and a few other questions. I went to him again because I was having other problems described several classic PTSD symptoms, and he suggested maybe try reading "How to win friends and influence people" by Dale Carnegie or try volunteering with a political campaign. He also asked me at the end of the session if I thought he was bad at his job as he's been getting that as feedback. He was pretty terrible. Told a friend about it, and he asked me if this was a real guy as that was worst advice he'd ever heard.

The worst therapist I ever had was when I realized I was dealing with PTSD symptoms. She asked me about abuse and I ended up in tears reliving several memories. She says I might be misremembering all of that and she didn't think there was anything wrong with me. Next session she keeps calling me handsome and/or intelligent every few minutes. I felt very uncomfortable and commented how she had a lot of animal print things. Her response was that her underwear was also animal print. Looking back I should have just left and not paid for the session. I didn't go back, but I wish I hadn't gone to the second session or just left the moment I felt things were inappropriate in that second session.

Last edited:
D!psh!tMcgee

D!psh!tMcgee

First Zealot in the Cult of John Moses Browning
Nov 28, 2023
oh boy way tf back in 6th grade after i had been freshly expelled (story for another time) i was a fucking wreck and my parents thought best to send me to a shrink well i started talking to em about guns and such cause thats how i gauge how well i will get along with someone and the lady just kept asking about and thoughts of CTB and i kept saying no cause i wasn't that fucked yet then she ask why i keep talking about guns and i said cause there cool and the asshole had the audacity to say that they aren't cool and liking guns is a sign of being a sociopath like tf after the damn visit she asks my mom to talk in private and tells her that i should be sent to an institution hence why shrinks can't be trusted and just want your money (they get extra money from institutionalized patients)

Reactions: Kit1 and Fulminare
Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
I once had a psychiatrist discharge me because she didn't want to risk her medical licence or have her professional competency scrutinised by a coroner. I was a bit WTF, but happy to see the back of her.

Why some of these people choose these professions is beyond me… if you can't handle the thought of working with suicidal people, become a Carthusian Monk, not a psychiatrist.

Reactions: Kit1 and Fulminare
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
Last year, I was referred for EMDR therapy. I asked the therapist if she had experience working with patients who have cPTSD, suicidal ideation, dissociates and were severely abused as children - she said that she did and told me how highly experienced she was. Anyway during the second session (first session was intro and note taking for her), I disassociated and came round to her freaking out, hyperventilating and repeatedly saying that I was gone for six minutes (which I had no memory of). I got her doing her breathing techniques and calming her down. That the end of EMDR for me..,

U

UnsureGirl

-
Nov 29, 2023
When I was a kid, I struggled with selective mutism. One time, a psychologist said, "If you're not going to talk, I have other people waiting to see me." Lol.

trytrytryagain

trytrytryagain

Nov 30, 2023
I had a therapist that tried telling me to just not be autistic lol, which is hard since I'm autistic. That one was mostly just silly and I don't really let it get to me too much.

Not exactly a psychiatrist or therapist so disregard this if you want, but I also had a pharmacist yell at me for 'giving him attitude' on the phone since I needed my meds delivered and he put me on hold for an hour, I was just tired and my tone of voice just seemed rude to him but he also said that he "would get locked up from dealing with all these people" which hit hard unfortunately as someone who's had emergency services called on me due to extreme mood dysregulation.

I don't understand why he chose a field where he has to deal with mostly mentally ill people...

L

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
All of them
I had a therapist that tried telling me to just not be autistic lol, which is hard since I'm autistic. That one was mostly just silly and I don't really let it get to me too much.

Not exactly a psychiatrist or therapist so disregard this if you want, but I also had a pharmacist yell at me for 'giving him attitude' on the phone since I needed my meds delivered and he put me on hold for an hour, I was just tired and my tone of voice just seemed rude to him but he also said that he "would get locked up from dealing with all these people" which hit hard unfortunately as someone who's had emergency services called on me due to extreme mood dysregulation.

I don't understand why he chose a field where he has to deal with mostly mentally ill people...
Non-autistic clinicians don't know shit about autism, even if they say they do. I once told a psychiatrist I wasn't a social person (due to autism) and he in astonishment said "but you're social in here!" Like that counts for anything. :pfff:. I'm pretty sure anyone would be willing to listen to you blabber about whatever if you paid then $290 for 45 minutes.

F

F@#$

Freedom seeker
Nov 8, 2023
I had to see a therapist/psychologist in high school. I guess I was angry and violent. Anyway I saw this guy 2 or 3 times a week for months. That summer I was working construction for my dad. We were working in a medical building, one day I hear a bunch of yelling and commotion. I go to see what was going on. There's my "therapist " losing his shit screaming and smacking some kid maybe 10 years old. Made me think.