• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Introduction/Disclaimer: I am not a psychologist, doctor, medical expert, or a legal expert. I am merely giving my take as well as my findings on what will work for suppressing one's SI (Survival Instinct). Furthermore, everyone's predicament and personal circumstances, temperament/disposition, are all different, therefore, what may work or be applicable for one may not be for another.

With that said, this is TAW's Guide towards trying to suppress or at least overcome the SI enough to be able to act in a critical moment. This does not factor in drugs, medication, nor alcohol and while those things may help someone overcome their own survival instinct. In this guide I will focus on getting towards the state of mind that will allow one to more easily override one's SI. Getting the proper preparations, one's method, knowledge, and the right circumstance is most of the battle, but of course the final obstacle (which is personal) will always be the damned SI.

As someone who is mainly somber, nihilistic, and full of doom and gloom, perhaps this part will come easier for me (as well as people who are in similar dispositions). The idea is to get into a mindset that pushes out any doubt, any (false) hope, and of course, having a few catalysts at the right moment. What do I mean by catalysts? A catalyst is something that sparks or sets off an action, almost impulsive but I wouldn't consider it to be "impulsive" since it is something that has been planned and prepared. I could do this due to my shitty experiences in life that get me to such a state of despair, hopelessness, and angst. A bit of anger and bitterness (not too much) is required in order to propel one to act, but it has to be directed properly in order to be effective. So in other words, raw uncontrolled anger and bitterness will not lead to the correct result but may even hamper one's attempt. Instead, with a controlled trigger and catalyst, one could invoke and call it on demand at the right time and circumstance.

An anecdote In 2019 (TAW's story and example)
Upon writing this guide, I recall a time before the pandemic where I was literally ready to die and at peace, vividly planned out my demise. I won't go into the details of the physical and logistical part as that's not the purpose of this guide, but rather the mental preparations and my mental state during those times. I was in such despair over my life and I channeled my despair, a hint of anger and bitterness into one area. I first accepted that there were things I couldn't control, but also found a modicum of relief that I had the means to just end it and being in control helped, this initially allowed me to be calm enough and not as agitated, restless, and allowed me to focus. My mindset was whatever happens (whether I prevail in my goals to have a life worth living or I die by my own hand), happens and I could always end it at any given moment at my discretion. After the initial calmness, I had great confidence in my method as well as knowledge of execution and action, so that allowed further confidence. I also rationalized (this will vary from individual to individual) that the situation is dire and that life generally sucked as well as made peace with the things yet to come and intentionally disassociated with them (other miscellaneous goals and activities). I dismissed all other factors and just heavily focused on that very day that I will CTB (which of course may have come in 2019 but didn't). After making peace with my decision, I had purposely stored some catalysts for myself such that I can invoke and call on demand, which greatly reduces hesitation. Finally, I meditated and fantasized death which further solidified my resolve to die. This would mean that when my time came, it would just be almost like I'm on auto-pilot, emotionless and clinical.

Granted that I have temporarily recovered during 2019, due to some personal circumstance (along with meeting my ladyfriend and having the encounter go pretty well) there were times where I was in that state of mind and the idea is to be in control of that and exploit that in order to overcome one's own SI. I wrote this anecdote to give an example of my mindset and state of mind when I felt 'ready' to die.

Anyways, back to the present and on topic. So after one has acquired the method of their choice (which will vary in degrees of success, reliability, comfort, accessibility, etc.), the other part of the battle is the psychological and mental one, especially that of the SI. Certain methods require more to overcome one's own SI, than others, but at the end, one's own SI still exists, but there are ways to reduce it and it will vary from individual to individual. I would claim that meditation, visualizing (to the best of one's ability) of the actual attempt (almost like rehearsing it), and of course, treating it as if one's sentience is the enemy to be eliminated may disassociate oneself from one's SI just enough to go through with the final step to CTB (the few pounds of pressure needed to pull the trigger, the drinking of a lethal substance, the step off the stool, etc.). Of course, everyone's SI is different and circumstances are different, but the main point is to have a catalyst as well as a mindset that helps one overcome one's SI and once one is able to do that, at the right moment, then one's SI could effectively be suppressed long enough for one to follow through with the final step to actually complete the CTB. At the end, everyone's way of overcoming SI will be different, but the general components and elements to overcome (even temporarily) are still the same, getting into the right mindset with the right catalyst at the right time to get that final step in.

• Informative
Reactions: AssFullofSalad, Goodgirlryeo101, ferret-in-a-sock and 10 others
tiny_dancer

tiny_dancer

Student
Aug 23, 2022
Thanks, this is really good. Totally agree with it all and how it relates to SI…the necessary mindset being void of any false hope, rehearsing and visualizing to make it almost pre-programmed (or auto-pilot as you said) and having just enough emotion to get the job done. The catalyst is something that will help me for sure too, for myself it would be old photos of before my life got destroyed.

Reactions: Goodgirlryeo101, Cryptonite, Letgo and 2 others
J

jotoon

Jan 23, 2023
I think THIS forum can increase SI.
If you are serious in your decision , leaving this forum can reduce si.
my personal theory:

if have a physical disease .
talking and venting can made you more confident about doing ctb .

but:
if you just have depression

isolation your self .
stop venting .(listening to song is good alternative)
can help
You can listen to song with different tempo,to keep your brain thinking level in a level 2 .
So you have a little energy while you still want to ctb
so at this level you can preparing supplies that you need for ctb .

human brain works in 3 different level:

in level one . brain works so fast. don't analyze details of the problem.person choose reactions based of what they feel at this moment.person has a great confident.and sure what to do.
person has so much energy .
(emotional suicides . or emotional decisions)

in level two. brain work slower. analyze some details of the problem. person choose reactions based of what he feel at this moment and what feel in the past.
person has a confident and try to increase confident with discussion to others and share his reasons and try to find series of reasons for his action
person has less energy .

in level tree. brain work so slow . analyze much more details of the problem.person choose reactions based of what feel at this moment,what feel in the past , and what he probably feel in feature .person has a big self doubt.
person has much more less energy.
(people who have depression)

As told ,depression made human brain to analyze daily events that happens to him, more carefully.
when you analyze everything with more details you understand that there are so many side of problems that you have no information about it.
people in depressed level understand that there is so many things that they don't understand.
this level people have a big self-doubt in every decision, this made most people to ask others that they think true or not.

It is obvious that no one except you can actually understand what happens to you .
when other say your decision is true or not,it is because they see less unknown details of your problem ,so they are more confident that they are true.

They give you their opinion while what you need is a belief not an opinion.

An opinion is a result that you conclude from what you see and understand at the present.

A belief is a result that you conclude from what you observe and feel in whole life.
what a person believe to ,can be so irrational to others and this made him feel alone and depressed (level three of brain) .
creation of a belief take so many years and destroying a belief for most of the time take years or impossible.

ctb because of disease is more understandable than ctb because of depression.
not eating sugar because of diabetes is understandable
not eating meat because of veganism is not understandable.

Reactions: Cryptonite
Cryptonite

Cryptonite

In the state of shock of what happened
Apr 30, 2022
Great post. I especially agree with the part that says "a bit of anger, but not too much". In my own experience, too much anger and extreme emotions ONLY HAMPER the efforts. My mind becomes paralyzed and is unable to proceed. Hence the reason why paradoxically many people CTB when they feel the best.

Reactions: tiny_dancer
nihilistics

nihilistics

nihil / he / 20
Jun 1, 2023
this is really informational. thanks. I mostly planned on just getting drunk and listening to a playlist that helps me dissociate before i go.