S

supermario

Experienced
Oct 21, 2021
So I'm thinking of going to the woods - more like a secluded park or hiking trail to consume the SN. Even in a hotel I'm scared of the noise I may make, or my SI taking over and calling for help. With that said, I have a few doubts about such a location:

1) If I go at night, it will be pitch dark and hard to see what I'm doing.
2) If I go during the daytime, the chances of being discovered or interrupted are much higher.
3) Either way, I may need to prep the SN (weighing amount, mixing etc) to some degree. I'm concerned that the SN purity may dilute during that time if I premix the solution in water.

For people who plan to take SN outdoors, do you have any tips on doing this properly?

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Sans, Rogue Proxy and 2 others
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I have thought abot that too- I know of a case where a person made quite a bit of noise in a hotel room and was rescued due to this- mnot sure what percent of the time this happens. I have seriously considered this option as well. Of course if you go at night then polic could be alerted that something suspicious is happening- there is no perfect answer. The more remote the less chance of being discovered, so it depends on what you have access to and how well you know your way around these areas.

Reactions: supermario
deathbyginger

deathbyginger

Student
Oct 24, 2019
Instead of a hotel, have you thought about an AirBnB? You could rent out a small house for a night, and no one would be there til the next day.
Unless of course you find peace in the nature. Which frankly I could resonate with. Although I do wish for the comfort of a bed. I would rather be found sooner than later as well.

Reactions: blueclover_.
Rogue Proxy

Rogue Proxy

Enlightened
Sep 12, 2021
Perhaps you could look into free or affordable camping sites as an option for staying overnight. Though, some free camping sites may require a camping pass or permit.

If you do decide to camp overnight, I would also suggest one or two light sources to help you see what you're doing, like a headlamp, a flashlight, and/or camping light.

• Informative
Reactions: Mayonaise, Beeper and supermario
S

supermario

Experienced
Oct 21, 2021
Instead of a hotel, have you thought about an AirBnB? You could rent out a small house for a night, and no one would be there til the next day.
Unless of course you find peace in the nature. Which frankly I could resonate with. Although I do wish for the comfort of a bed. I would rather be found sooner than later as well.

I thought about an Airbnb, but it I don't want to ruin anyone's property value if I can avoid it. Besides, I live in Asia where most of the Airbnbs are just apartments that have the same noise proofing concerns as my own apartment.

Reactions: houseofleaves and Idontrecognizemyself
Rogue Proxy

Rogue Proxy

Enlightened
Sep 12, 2021
I thought about an Airbnb, but it I don't want to ruin anyone's property value if I can avoid it. Besides, I live in Asia where most of the Airbnbs are just apartments that have the same noise proofing concerns as my own apartment.
What about camping cabins?

deathbyginger

deathbyginger

Student
Oct 24, 2019
A thoughtful decision. If you're set on outdoors, my recommendation is that you wait to mix the SN with the Water. Rationale being that water could slowly oxidize the SN, effectively turning NaNO2 (sodium nitrite) + H2O -> NaNO3 (sodium nitrate) + H2. This dissociation reaction would be far from immediate, but living in a warmer climate zone in Asia could expedite this process.

Bring your SN pre-scaled. You may wish to prepare 2-3 doses in the event of emesis, and possibly if you happen to spill any. Would recommend that you double-bag. Prepare as close to you leaving for your 'camping trip', to reduce oxidation.

Any cup will suffice. I would personally eyeball the water, but you may wish to bring along a measuring cup. Just remember to refer to Stan's guide for mixing quantities.

Lighting can be covered with a flashlights, or a small fire. I would personally find the fire to be comforting at night, but use your best judgment. It may attract attention depending on your location.

Think that's all that there is to cover. Wishing you the peace that you desire, wherever that may be found -- alive or CTB. Remember it's never too late to back out. The community is here to support you regardless of your decision.

All the best.

• Informative
Reactions: Mayonaise, Beeper and supermario
S

supermario

Experienced
Oct 21, 2021
A thoughtful decision. If you're set on outdoors, my recommendation is that you wait to mix the SN with the Water. Rationale being that water could slowly oxidize the SN, effectively turning NaNO2 (sodium nitrite) + H2O -> NaNO3 (sodium nitrate) + H2. This dissociation reaction would be far from immediate, but living in a warmer climate zone in Asia could expedite this process.

Bring your SN pre-scaled. You may wish to prepare 2-3 doses in the event of emesis, and possibly if you happen to spill any. Would recommend that you double-bag. Prepare as close to you leaving for your 'camping trip', to reduce oxidation.

Any cup will suffice. I would personally eyeball the water, but you may wish to bring along a measuring cup. Just remember to refer to Stan's guide for mixing quantities.

Lighting can be covered with a flashlights, or a small fire. I would personally find the fire to be comforting at night, but use your best judgment. It may attract attention depending on your location.

Think that's all that there is to cover. Wishing you the peace that you desire, wherever that may be found -- alive or CTB. Remember it's never too late to back out. The community is here to support you regardless of your decision.

All the best.

Thanks for the excellent advice! Much to think about...

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I thought about this but people who rent out AirBnbs are understandably very protective of their properties, so to protect themselves they would want to meet the people staying there, and they would be highly suspicious of just one person showing up to rent a whole house- and they would probably refuse to turn over the keys or to leave the property in a case like this. Of course they have to understand that rentinhg out a house to one person could mean a messy suicide, such as by gunshot, that would really damage their property. Even hanging can leave a mess, since the body evacuates everything and really starts to smell after not too long of a while. In guidelines to people who rent properties AirBnB would be very negligent if they did not communicate this risk. So I just don't think that one person would be able to rent out of house on AirBnB.

Reactions: houseofleaves
L

lifeisbutadream

Warlock
Oct 4, 2018
So I'm thinking of going to the woods - more like a secluded park or hiking trail to consume the SN. Even in a hotel I'm scared of the noise I may make, or my SI taking over and calling for help. With that said, I have a few doubts about such a location:

1) If I go at night, it will be pitch dark and hard to see what I'm doing.
2) If I go during the daytime, the chances of being discovered or interrupted are much higher.
3) Either way, I may need to prep the SN (weighing amount, mixing etc) to some degree. I'm concerned that the SN purity may dilute during that time if I premix the solution in water.

For people who plan to take SN outdoors, do you have any tips on doing this properly?

What i worry about outdoors is what if it doesn't kill me but just knocks me out and animals nibble away on me.

• Yay!
Reactions: houseofleaves and Shu
B

boca

Oct 15, 2021
I've been planning on a hotel room where I just turn up the tv pretty loud to mask the sounds. May not be the best solution but it's better than doing it at home where I'll definitely be found

Reactions: Someone123
NormaJeane

NormaJeane

Mar 24, 2021
Nature is the best place to die, but overpopulation is a problem. If you are going to die in the forest, it should be far from humans, someone can get there and stop you. I can not die in any forest where I live, the area is too densely populated.

Reactions: houseofleaves, Seaghost, Someone123 and 2 others