• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

T

tonyteabag

May 7, 2024
Do you feel responsible for your state of mind and life, if you do then why are we acting like victims? If you own something then your next steps should be easier I would say.
Speaking from experience here, I'm responsible for my state of life hence the reason for my connection to this site and wanting and willing to end my life or ctb but how many people on here don't and imo have a responsibility to do so before ending there journey. It's an important question that everyone should ask themselves before committing to catching the bus imo, I see far too many victims on here and they need telling.

Teabag.

Reactions: Motoko, Esokabat, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
I

iloverachel

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2024
I tried really hard over the past 8 years to improve my mental health
This included regular exercise, healthy diets, reaching out, 4 therapists, 10+ antidepressants, journalling, meditating, hospitalisations, supplements etc.
Countless hours spent researching how to improve mental well being, countless blood tests, visits to psychologists and GPs and so on

Yet every day I am still in unbearable mental agony. It's why I feel hopeless and want to ctb. I feel my brain is just messed up beyond repair

• Hugs
Reactions: worthIess, locked*n*loaded, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
Yes and no. I spent over a decade fighting my own mind. Every therapy program available, including ones so intensive it was 5 days a week, including CBT, DBT, trauma based, you name it. So many medications I've lost count. I tried shock therapy. I was inpatient for a cumulative of over 2 years, including 8 months in a residential facility. I tried every lifestyle change, exercising, eating healthy, journaling, positive music, thought reframing, etc. You name something, I tried it. And you name something, it didn't work. In that respect, I am not responsible, in fact I'm the opposite of responsible. I gave it my all for over a decade.

Nowadays I have given up. After fighting so long I am tired. I no longer do things that they say will help me because I've tried and they do not help me. I spend every day engaging in severe self harm that most likely will kill me soon with how awful it is. I believe I deserve the pain and suffering I inflict on myself. There isn't much left for me, and the two or three things still out there are A. out of my budget and B. I don't have the energy or willpower to try. In this respect, I suppose you could say I am responsible for my demise, but at the same time, no person not riddled with severe mental illness would be willing to inflict this amount of pain and suffering on themselves. I try to not blame my mental illness, as it feels like a cop out, but I genuinely do not believe that I am capable of overcoming it. It has fully consumed me and I don't believe I can ever be free from it.

I tried as hard as I could, and I no longer have any fight left. One could say I am a victim to my own mind, or to an insufficient, abusive mental healthcare system. Who knows. I don't like to have a victim mentality, but I don't believe I am fully responsible for my state either. So I suppose yes and no? Mentally I am crumbling, but I have built myself a decent life somehow despite it. At least I have a decent living, even if I don't want it.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: hito5, worthIess, iloverachel and 2 others
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
Do you feel responsible for your state of mind and life, if you do then why are we acting like victims? If you own something then your next steps should be easier I would say.
Speaking from experience here, I'm responsible for my state of life hence the reason for my connection to this site and wanting and willing to end my life or ctb but how many people on here don't and imo have a responsibility to do so before ending there journey. It's an important question that everyone should ask themselves before committing to catching the bus imo, I see far too many victims on here and they need telling.

Teabag.
I personally don't consider myself to be a victim. However, I don't think you should criticize those people who do - for the rather obvious reason that many are indeed victims. Victims of other people. Victims of difficult life events. Sometimes even victims of their own DNA. (If you tell someone who has been raped, for example - and quite a lot of people on here have been - that she is not a victim, you will get some rude replies, and you will deserve them.) What I think you are arguing for is taking a positive attitude to things. Some of us find that easy. (Well, most of the time.) Other people do not. What works for you won't work for everyone. Perhaps you could show a bit more compassion and understanding.

Reactions: _AllCatsAreGrey_, Myforevercharlie, LastFlowers and 4 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Do you mean- take responsibility to try to live or to try to die? I agree that both require our effort and input. Neither are just going to be handed to us.

I get the impression more though that a lot of people here have made the decision that living isn't worth it or that an acceptable quality of life (to their standards) truly isn't attainable for them with what they feel they can achieve.

I suppose we're all being hampered by something. Could be mental illness, physical illness, job prospects, relationship prospects, financial problems, past trauma. Could be anything. I'm curious though. Do you really get the impression that people here haven't had a good hard think about how to solve their problems? I imagine most have. I imagine most have tried multiple things even to try to turn things around. If those things continually fail, the likelihood is people will start to feel down trodden and like life isn't fair- it isn't!

Plus, we can't exactly take responsibility for the really traumatic stuff that has been inflicted on some members here. Yes, we can try and work through it in therapy or whatever but, we're not robots. Certain events can dog us all our lives. If future events then reinforce how shitty this world can be, how can you blame people for coming to the conclusion that the world can be a pretty hostile place and maybe they don't have the resources or strength to keep dealing with it? Plus- things like abusive relationships tend to repeat in people's lives. People say with abusive partners quite often had abusive parents. Maybe some people here have been almost conditioned to be victims. Yes, it's sad and awful and it would be great if they could just start anew and become a different person but I guess that isn't always possible.

But yes- sure- it can only really be our responsibility. Whatever it is we choose- life or death. Some may be lucky enough to have good support networks but ultimately, it's up to us to do the bulk of the work. All of the work when it comes to suicide.

• Love
Reactions: worthIess, Georg, locked*n*loaded and 2 others
T

tonyteabag

May 7, 2024
I tried really hard over the past 8 years to improve my mental health
This included regular exercise, healthy diets, reaching out, 4 therapists, 10+ antidepressants, journalling, meditating, hospitalisations, supplements etc.
Countless hours spent researching how to improve mental well being, countless blood tests, visits to psychologists and GPs and so on

Yet every day I am still in unbearable mental agony. It's why I feel hopeless and want to ctb. I feel my brain is just messed up beyond repair
How do you intend on ctb and does it excite you to be free of that feeling in the morning when you have your first conscious thought.
I personally don't consider myself to be a victim. However, I don't think you should criticize those people who do - for the rather obvious reason that many are indeed victims. Victims of other people. Victims of difficult life events. Sometimes even victims of their own DNA. (If you tell someone who has been raped, for example - and quite a lot of people on here have been - that she is not a victim, you will get some rude replies, and you will deserve them.) What I think you are arguing for is taking a positive attitude to things. Some of us find that easy. (Well, most of the time.) Other people do not. What works for you won't work for everyone. Perhaps you could show a bit more compassion and understanding.
Fair enough, I'll take that but let me ask you this, do you consider life is a gift and if so why do certain people have more of a difficult pathway, is that down to circumstance or is it down to attitude?

Reactions: iloverachel
I

iloverachel

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2024
How do you intend on ctb and does it excite you to be free of that feeling in the morning when you have your first conscious thought.
I'm not sure yet
Nembutal is the ideal method but it's hard to obtain
Hanging sounds too painful and difficult
Firearms are hard
Maybe SN
Death does excite me and the thought of no longer suffering brings me comfort

• Hugs
Reactions: tonyteabag and locked*n*loaded
T

tonyteabag

May 7, 2024
Yes and no. I spent over a decade fighting my own mind. Every therapy program available, including ones so intensive it was 5 days a week, including CBT, DBT, trauma based, you name it. So many medications I've lost count. I tried shock therapy. I was inpatient for a cumulative of over 2 years, including 8 months in a residential facility. I tried every lifestyle change, exercising, eating healthy, journaling, positive music, thought reframing, etc. You name something, I tried it. And you name something, it didn't work. In that respect, I am not responsible, in fact I'm the opposite of responsible. I gave it my all for over a decade.

Nowadays I have given up. After fighting so long I am tired. I no longer do things that they say will help me because I've tried and they do not help me. I spend every day engaging in severe self harm that most likely will kill me soon with how awful it is. I believe I deserve the pain and suffering I inflict on myself. There isn't much left for me, and the two or three things still out there are A. out of my budget and B. I don't have the energy or willpower to try. In this respect, I suppose you could say I am responsible for my demise, but at the same time, no person not riddled with severe mental illness would be willing to inflict this amount of pain and suffering on themselves. I try to not blame my mental illness, as it feels like a cop out, but I genuinely do not believe that I am capable of overcoming it. It has fully consumed me and I don't believe I can ever be free from it.

I tried as hard as I could, and I no longer have any fight left. One could say I am a victim to my own mind, or to an insufficient, abusive mental healthcare system. Who knows. I don't like to have a victim mentality, but I don't believe I am fully responsible for my state either. So I suppose yes and no? Mentally I am crumbling, but I have built myself a decent life somehow despite it. At least I have a decent living, even if I don't want it.
So you accept you have things to live for? But the pain you feel overcomes it and you want out or do you like to self harm and like that feeling? Thanks for your reply.
I'm not sure yet
Nembutal is the ideal method but it's hard to obtain
Hanging sounds too painful and difficult
Firearms are hard
Maybe SN
Death does excite me and the thought of no longer suffering brings me comfort
Where do you live? N seem accessible if you travel?

willitpass

willitpass

Mar 10, 2020
So you accept you have things to live for? But the pain you feel overcomes it and you want out or do you like to self harm and like that feeling? Thanks for your reply.
I have a life many would dream of from the outside. Inside the suffering is indescribable. The things I do to myself are inhumane. It would be criminal to do what I do to myself on another person it's so bad. I don't enjoy it, I feel I deserve the pain and suffering. It's awful. It's agonizing. It's hard to even walk or drive or work or do just about anything anymore because my health has been destroyed. My mind is hell on earth and nothing can help me. This is not a life worth living at all.

T

tonyteabag

May 7, 2024
Do you mean- take responsibility to try to live or to try to die? I agree that both require our effort and input. Neither are just going to be handed to us.

I get the impression more though that a lot of people here have made the decision that living isn't worth it or that an acceptable quality of life (to their standards) truly isn't attainable for them with what they feel they can achieve.

I suppose we're all being hampered by something. Could be mental illness, physical illness, job prospects, relationship prospects, financial problems, past trauma. Could be anything. I'm curious though. Do you really get the impression that people here haven't had a good hard think about how to solve their problems? I imagine most have. I imagine most have tried multiple things even to try to turn things around. If those things continually fail, the likelihood is people will start to feel down trodden and like life isn't fair- it isn't!

Plus, we can't exactly take responsibility for the really traumatic stuff that has been inflicted on some members here. Yes, we can try and work through it in therapy or whatever but, we're not robots. Certain events can dog us all our lives. If future events then reinforce how shitty this world can be, how can you blame people for coming to the conclusion that the world can be a pretty hostile place and maybe they don't have the resources or strength to keep dealing with it? Plus- things like abusive relationships tend to repeat in people's lives. People say with abusive partners quite often had abusive parents. Maybe some people here have been almost conditioned to be victims. Yes, it's sad and awful and it would be great if they could just start anew and become a different person but I guess that isn't always possible.

But yes- sure- it can only really be our responsibility. Whatever it is we choose- life or death. Some may be lucky enough to have good support networks but ultimately, it's up to us to do the bulk of the work. All of the work when it comes to suicide.
You makes some Fantastic points and your right, I through a Blanket over an issue like suicidal thoughts and actions, short sighted but you make a good point, why do some people have things and others don't, why are some lucky if that is what it is or maybe they arnt maybe the whole point of life is one good one, one bad one as in lives! Maybe we are meant to suffer and if that is the case if we ctb and jump ship we get brought back to do it all again ? You seen a deep person so would be interesting to hear your thought.

Teabag

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020

Fair enough, I'll take that but let me ask you this, do you consider life is a gift and if so why do certain people have more of a difficult pathway, is that down to circumstance or is it down to attitude?
"Do you consider life is a gift and if so why do certain people have more of a difficult pathway, is that down to circumstance or is it down to attitude?". The only people who "gave" me life were my parents, and I would have preferred that that they hadn't done. As to whether one's pathway through life is the result of "circumstances" or "attitude", the answer is so obvous that I am astonished you bothered to ask the question. Both play a part. For everyone. But some people have to deal with much more adverse circumstances than others, and often they could not have done anything to avoid those circumstances. I have had a good life, overall. But when I was 10, the rest of my family - my parents, my brother and my sister - were involved in a bad car crash that they were very lucky to survive. By some miracle they escaped with only minor injuries. I was not with them. (I can't remember why not, but it was unusual for us not to be all together.) I could easily have been left an orphan at age 10. If I had been, my life would have been very different, and much more difficult. No amount of "attitude" could have put my life back onto the pathway that it has in fact followed.

• Hugs
Reactions: _AllCatsAreGrey_
untothedepths

untothedepths

I am falling I am fading I have lost it all
Mar 20, 2023
I've tried to change my life around to the best of my ability without trying to step over others, and every single time Its been for nothing. Everything falls apart despite whatever it is I do. This sort of phrase comes with the caveat in ignoring the fact that there are things that happen way out of people's control. It's been like this for me since day one, and my body and mind are deteriorating. I'm in constant mental pain and fear every single moment in my existence of which depths I cannot put into words. The reason for me wanting to CTB is multi-faceted. If people don;t believe me, thats on them, but I have very little reason to lie on sasu.

I don't normally go around making broad assumptions of others, especially not here of all places. So I don't exactly humor comments about the validity of how I supposedly am.

• Love
Reactions: Linda
T

tonyteabag

May 7, 2024
"Do you consider life is a gift and if so why do certain people have more of a difficult pathway, is that down to circumstance or is it down to attitude?". The only people who "gave" me life were my parents, and I would have preferred that that they hadn't done. As to whether one's pathway through life is the result of "circumstances" or "attitude", the answer is so obvous that I am astonished you bothered to ask the question. Both play a part. For everyone. But some people have to deal with much more adverse circumstances than others, and often they could not have done anything to avoid those circumstances. I have had a good life, overall. But when I was 10, the rest of my family - my parents, my brother and my sister - were involved in a bad car crash that they were very lucky to survive. By some miracle they escaped with only minor injuries. I was not with them. (I can't remember why not, but it was unusual for us not to be all together.) I could easily have been left an orphan at age 10. If I had been, my life would have been very different, and much more difficult. No amount of "attitude" could have put my life back onto the pathway that it has in fact followed.
The fact you are mentioning a car crash that didn't effect you but could have suggest you are a victim and your attitude is abstract. I can't judge anything else and why you want to ctb now but am
Sure it is for good reason, good luck with it all and thank you for you feedback.
I have a life many would dream of from the outside. Inside the suffering is indescribable. The things I do to myself are inhumane. It would be criminal to do what I do to myself on another person it's so bad. I don't enjoy it, I feel I deserve the pain and suffering. It's awful. It's agonizing. It's hard to even walk or drive or work or do just about anything anymore because my health has been destroyed. My mind is hell on earth and nothing can help me. This is not a life worth living at all.
Have you tried ayahuasca and Iboga ?

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
The fact you are mentioning a car crash that didn't effect you but could have suggest you are a victim and your attitude is abstract. I can't judge anything else and why you want to ctb now but am
Sure it is for good reason, good luck with it all and thank you for you feedback.
I already told you, earlier on this thread, that I don't consider myself a victim. Are you calling me a liar, or is your memory defective? (And how could a car crash that didn't, in fact, affect me in any way - except for the loss of the family car - possibly make me consider myself a victim. Talk sense, man.)
What are you doing on this site anyway? I get the impression that you are just here to cause trouble.

willitpass

willitpass

Mar 10, 2020
Have you tried ayahuasca and Iboga ?
As I said in my first message, most everything I have tried is out of budget and to be quite honest I'm too tired to bother continuing trying. I am in my early 20s and have already given over a decade of fight. I am tired. And it is my right after fighting as hard as I did to say that I am done. The same respect is often given to those with physical illness, why not mental illness?

• Love
T

tonyteabag

May 7, 2024
As I said in my first message, most everything I have tried is out of budget and to be quite honest I'm too tired to bother continuing trying. I am in my early 20s and have already given over a decade of fight. I am tired. And it is my right after fighting as hard as I did to say that I am done. The same respect is often given to those with physical illness, why not mental illness?
What is your intention and time scales and can I ask why has it taken you so long to ctb?
How much do you believe dna has on another persons life?

Last edited:
willitpass

willitpass

Mar 10, 2020
What is your intention and time scales and can I ask why has it taken you so long to ctb?
I've had 3 CTB attempts that nearly killed me, one even required CPR. Surviving that, even when you don't want to, is traumatic. Not to mention the extreme abuse I experienced in all of my years in the mental health care system. I would rather do anything on this earth than ever again end up in a psych ward, the things I went through in those are beyond dehumanizing and horrific. Between all of that, I have reached a point of seriously struggling to overcomes SI and have a debilitating fear of surviving for fear of ending up back in a mental hospital. Currently with how I am self harming so severely that my body is in such a bad state I give myself two years max before my body gives out. I wouldn't wish this slow and painful of a death on anyone, but at this present moment I don't believe I would be able to actively CTB so slow, agonizing, lethal self harm will have to suffice.

• Aww..
H

Hotsackage

Elementalist
Mar 11, 2019
No, I am not responsible for the shit I've been through, I let my mind guide itself even when it's confused

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: _AllCatsAreGrey_ and Linda
T

tonyteabag

May 7, 2024
I've had 3 CTB attempts that nearly killed me, one even required CPR. Surviving that, even when you don't want to, is traumatic. Not to mention the extreme abuse I experienced in all of my years in the mental health care system. I would rather do anything on this earth than ever again end up in a psych ward, the things I went through in those are beyond dehumanizing and horrific. Between all of that, I have reached a point of seriously struggling to overcomes SI and have a debilitating fear of surviving for fear of ending up back in a mental hospital. Currently with how I am self harming so severely that my body is in such a bad state I give myself two years max before my body gives out. I wouldn't wish this slow and painful of a death on anyone, but at this present moment I don't believe I would be able to actively CTB so slow, agonizing, lethal self harm will have to suffice.
So you're in the UK? How else will you do it as it's so hard to ctb in the uk! My friend jumped off 11 stories last week and killed himself but si stopped me with him! It sounds like you having a tough time.

_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

(they/he)
Mar 4, 2024

Teabag.
I feel there is a lot here to unpack.

First of all, I'd like to say that I'm not down with the general notion of "victim mentality". In my experience, this implies an assumption that a person is "playing the victim" and feels they're not responsible for their condition. The way this is typically used implies a passivity in living.

It seems to me that you're implying that others are playing the victim on their way to ctb. At the same time, I respect your point about taking the reigns and being in control of your choices. To me the challenge is that it doesn't give space for the fact that many people's lives are constrained by the choices of others.

tl;dr You're coming off as judgemental here.

As someone who's philosophically inclined, it makes me consider the general notion of free will. Personally, I'd say our actions don't exist in a vacuum. All of our actions are the effects of other actions. We all have various standpoints on this contiuom. We all come to our choices in various ways for various reasons.

Thanks for sharing the insights of your experience.

Reactions: cinderdust and Linda
E

Esokabat

Experienced
Apr 22, 2024
I have seen mental illness reversed. There was a wealthy family in the US who had a young son, now in his 20s, who was severely bipolar with schizophrenic severe hallucination periods, whereby he would disappear for days and have elaborate hallucinations and complete break from reality. Being a wealthy family, they went everywhere, tried everything, novel therapies, medications, everything. Nothing worked. In the end, they ended up with Harvard psychologist dr Chris Palmer. He put this young man on a very strict ketogenic diet and it ended up completely reversing his bipolar condition. Turns out, that somehow his brain was insulin resistant and could not get proper energy from glucose. So his brain was in a constant energy deficit and barely able to function properly. The ketogenic diet created ketone bodies in his body, which then his brain was able to use as an alternate energy source, and gradually he got off all medications and made a full recovery and now lives a healthy life completely free of mental illness. His parents were so impressed that they created a foundation for research and started funding a Youtube channel called Metabolic Mind, where doctors and researchers discuss how metabolic intervension can revert mental illness, including schizophrenia. Dr Chris Palmer wrote s book about his method, it is called Brain Energy. He started researching this as he knew that in the 1920s, severely epileptic people would put onto a very strict ketogenic diet, and they would stop having epileptic episodes. So somehow the ketones circulating in the brain would cure epilepsy. That was the starting point of his research and he wanted to see why this happened (he discusses the mechanism in the book) and what if epilepsy is not the only condition that would respond to this treatment. Since then, people with schizophrenia, bipolar, severe depression, have all been able to reverse their condition. Unfortunately this knowledge is not mainstream, even though his collegues said that he should get a Nobel price for the book. Youtube has a lot of interviews with him, plus the Metabolic Mind youtube channel really goes into it. I would say that if you haven't yet tried a ketogenic intervention, there can be still hope. Your brain might be sick due to lack of michochondrial energy. The only difficulty is that the diet is extremely strict, as you have to achieve that your body is producing ketone bodies 24/7. And many severely depressed or mentally ill people cannot stick to such strict diet on their own. But there have been absolutely miraculous recoveries. I saw a guy in his 50s that was severely schizophrenic all his life, it destroyed him and everybody around him, and he was also severely depressed and suicidal, and he got cured completely. Even famous psychologist dr Jordan Peterson described how his severe depression that runs in his whole family (his dad, daughter, etc), completely lifted with a very severe ketogenic diet. And I mean he was so addicted to benzos prior to that that he had to be put into an induced coma in Russia, to get off the benzos. In a nutshell, sometimes depression is just a sick brain that is not getting enough energy source as it is unable to fully utilize glucose for energy, and once you give it an alternate energy source, the mental illness gets reverted

• Informative
Reactions: Mirrory Me and tonyteabag
T

tonyteabag

May 7, 2024
I feel there is a lot here to unpack.

First of all, I'd like to say that I'm not down with the general notion of "victim mentality". In my experience, this implies an assumption that a person is "playing the victim" and feels they're not responsible for their condition. The way this is typically used implies a passivity in living.

It seems to me that you're implying that others are playing the victim on their way to ctb. At the same time, I respect your point about taking the reigns and being in control of your choices. To me the challenge is that it doesn't give space for the fact that many people's lives are constrained by the choices of others.

tl;dr You're coming off as judgemental here.

As someone who's philosophically inclined, it makes me consider the general notion of free will. Personally, I'd say our actions don't exist in a vacuum. All of our actions are the effects of other actions. We all have various standpoints on this contiuom. We all come to our choices in various ways for various reasons.

Thanks for sharing the insights of your experience.
Freewill is fundamental of human existence or at least it should be, do you believe that includes ctb?
I have seen mental illness reversed. There was a wealthy family in the US who had a young son, now in his 20s, who was severely bipolar with schizophrenic severe hallucination periods, whereby he would disappear for days and have elaborate hallucinations and complete break from reality. Being a wealthy family, they went everywhere, tried everything, novel therapies, medications, everything. Nothing worked. In the end, they ended up with Harvard psychologist dr Chris Palmer. He put this young man on a very strict ketogenic diet and it ended up completely reversing his bipolar condition. Turns out, that somehow his brain was insulin resistant and could not get proper energy from glucose. So his brain was in a constant energy deficit and barely able to function properly. The ketogenic diet created ketone bodies in his body, which then his brain was able to use as an alternate energy source, and gradually he got off all medications and made a full recovery and now lives a healthy life completely free of mental illness. His parents were so impressed that they created a foundation for research and started funding a Youtube channel called Metabolic Mind, where doctors and researchers discuss how metabolic intervension can revert mental illness, including schizophrenia. Dr Chris Palmer wrote s book about his method, it is called Brain Energy. He started researching this as he knew that in the 1920s, severely epileptic people would put onto a very strict ketogenic diet, and they would stop having epileptic episodes. So somehow the ketones circulating in the brain would cure epilepsy. That was the starting point of his research and he wanted to see why this happened (he discusses the mechanism in the book) and what if epilepsy is not the only condition that would respond to this treatment. Since then, people with schizophrenia, bipolar, severe depression, have all been able to reverse their condition. Unfortunately this knowledge is not mainstream, even though his collegues said that he should get a Nobel price for the book. Youtube has a lot of interviews with him, plus the Metabolic Mind youtube channel really goes into it. I would say that if you haven't yet tried a ketogenic intervention, there can be still hope. Your brain might be sick due to lack of michochondrial energy. The only difficulty is that the diet is extremely strict, as you have to achieve that your body is producing ketone bodies 24/7. And many severely depressed or mentally ill people cannot stick to such strict diet on their own. But there have been absolutely miraculous recoveries. I saw a guy in his 50s that was severely schizophrenic all his life, it destroyed him and everybody around him, and he was also severely depressed and suicidal, and he got cured completely. Even famous psychologist dr Jordan Peterson described how his severe depression that runs in his whole family (his dad, daughter, etc), completely lifted with a very severe ketogenic diet. And I mean he was so addicted to benzos prior to that that he had to be put into an induced coma in Russia, to get off the benzos. In a nutshell, sometimes depression is just a sick brain that is not getting enough energy source as it is unable to fully utilize glucose for energy, and once you give it an alternate energy source, the mental illness gets reverted
Thank you, Can I ask why you have so much knowledge on this?

Last edited:
Reactions: Esokabat
Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

"Life's a mirror, but 'whose' mirror?"
Mar 23, 2023
There always isin't the right answer, but some people have too many burdens and responsibilitiess, that they don't wanna own. And maybe they shouldn't, if they make them misserable. Like for exsample taking lots of different medication, and consulting regulary some "proffesional helpers" at the hospital about their personal issues.

It makes no one happy to be in that position, because we take it on ourselves, about how it affects us. And the antidesperants that are supposed to prevent to serotonin to break up in the body, aren't healthiest option to regulate it.

Reactions: rotciv
E

Esokabat

Experienced
Apr 22, 2024
Freewill is fundamental of human existence or at least it should be, do you believe that includes ctb?

Thank you, Can I ask why you have so much knowledge on this?
I am autistic and I have several different subjects that I immerse myself and research it. Mainly subjects I find interesting. It goes from physics to metabolic health to technology to consciousness. My mind always wants to learn about something new, and I am a very unconventional and independent thinker. Metabolic health and mental health connection is one of the discoveries that I made and I find it fascinating. Can you imagine if more people would know this? There are many people that are severely depressed for no obvious reason, no trauma, no grief of losing someone, no pain or disease, the depression just appear to occur for no reason. What if it is just a sick energy deficient brain that can be cured just by providing a different energy source. Our brain is hybrid as it can use two different energy sources as energy (glucose and ketone bodies) but with a normal typical diet, our bodies never actually produce any ketone bodies. Breastfeeding babies produce it but then once they get on a normal diet, humans stop producing it. And what if a small percentage of people's brain simply cannot use glucose efficiently and that makes their brain sick. How RADICAL is that?

Last edited:
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
You makes some Fantastic points and your right, I through a Blanket over an issue like suicidal thoughts and actions, short sighted but you make a good point, why do some people have things and others don't, why are some lucky if that is what it is or maybe they arnt maybe the whole point of life is one good one, one bad one as in lives! Maybe we are meant to suffer and if that is the case if we ctb and jump ship we get brought back to do it all again ? You seen a deep person so would be interesting to hear your thought.

Teabag

Personally, I have no idea as to if there even is a purpose behind life. I'm not mad keen on the idea that we are supposed to suffer and endure it and maybe even be grateful for being tested. I simply can't imagine what purpose that would serve. That seems to be a religious idea. Fine, if people feel comforted by that thought. Their reward will come in heaven or whatever. But, I suppose as I've aged, I've grown to dislike orthodox religion. I think it serves to enforce ideas exactly like that and I think there are non-religious reasons for that.

The rich people that likely wrote a lot of the religious texts (the poor likely couldn't afford an education to learn how to write) are basically telling the poor that they have a special place in God's heart. All they need to do is keep complying but- if they don't, there'll (literally) be hell to pay. It just seems like a way to keep the down trodden humble and in their place and more importantly- alive and paying taxes!

I really hate the idea of reincarnation if I'm honest. I don't actually have a firm idea on what happens after death though. This world's design certainly seems sadistic enough to suggest reincarnation could well be a thing but again- I can't envisage the end goal. What is it we're supposed to be striving for? Why don't we know the goal? Wouldn't that help us? If there is a God, don't they want us to succeed? Or, is that part of the test? To work out which God and religion is the right one to follow?

But- if we're supposed to be learning and, we get punished for mistakes we made in our past lives, why don't we remember them? Wouldn't that help too? To ensure we don't screw up again?

Where do animals fit in the reincarnation theory? Are there differences in achievement for an earthworm? What does an earthworm need to do to be praised by God? Would a vegetarian lion do really well? Or, will God forgive all the antelopes it ripped to shreds?

Why does God punish attributes that they gave us anyway? Lust, gluttony, anger, envy. Why create a being so susceptible to failure unless you got some sadistic thrill out of waiting to watch them fail and then, punishing them? What kind of mind does that?!! Honestly, I hope there isn't a God because, if there is, I think it's the fire and brimstone sort and we're all screwed!

Hopefully, there's nothing though. Hopefully, consciousness and this need for there to be meaning to life evolved like everything else and we're just grasping at straws to try and feel like we have control I suppose. 'God of the gaps' and all that.

I suppose what I'm wary of with the whole: 'You need to do this or that. You need to live. You need to try... Or else...' Is- who's asking us to do this and, what are their motives? Do they really have our best interests at heart? They might well do of course. They may truly believe we have gotten ourselves in a mess that can actually be fixed but we've become too skewed in our thinking to get ourselves out. I do think some pro-lifers have good intentions at least. But- I think they do need to truly listen to that person's problems and point of view and really consider if they do have a viable way to turn things around. I'm not sure everyone does.

Trying to scare people with punishment after death isn't going to work so much in such a secular world either. I find this is what tends to happen though in general with conversations pushing people towards recovery. They start off being genuinely about trying to help people with their problems but then, it becomes clearer that those problems and/ or people are quite hard to fix and the likelihood is, the person doesn't feel much impetus to try. So then, it becomes more threatening and aggressive and works on emotional blackmail and fear. I'm not saying you are employing these tactics directly. I think you are simply discussing ideas. But, some people will.

The obvious ones are- 'Think of your family'. (Probably why a lot of us are still here.) Then, threats of hell and punishment after death. I even had a conversation once with someone where I told them I wanted to wait for my Dad to pass first, so as not to hurt him. They went on to say that my suicide could hurt/ disapoint his spirit! It can get quite nasty in the end! Again though- not accusing you of this. It's more a general observation on how anti-suicide rhetoric progresses.

Thank you for saying I seem deep though. I appreciate that. I try to think deeply. I think most people here do.