A

ausiegal

Aug 12, 2024
A friend who committed suicide via suspension hanging was found with a backpack full of rocks on him. I presume this was to help weigh him down?

I'm only a small girl (60kg), will I need this also to make it more successful / quicker?

I can't see anyone else mentioning issues with weight while hanging in these threads, so maybe it's not a problem?

Reactions: kinderbueno
H

Hvergelmir

Student
May 5, 2024
I get the idea, but extra weights have not been traditionally used in hanging. That said, it has not always been as quick as one would have liked.
Veering off the traditional methods you're in uncharted territory.

Reactions: kinderbueno and hereornot
kinderbueno

kinderbueno

Waiting at the bus stop
Jun 22, 2024
A friend who committed suicide via suspension hanging was found with a backpack full of rocks on him. I presume this was to help weigh him down?

I'm only a small girl (60kg), will I need this also to make it more successful / quicker?

I can't see anyone else mentioning issues with weight while hanging in these threads, so maybe it's not a problem?
I've never heard about this. I'm also a girl (53kg) and I'm curious about this, aa full suspension is my backup ctb method

Evelyn Lane

Evelyn Lane

Hanging Expert
Aug 2, 2024
That said, it has not always been as quick as one would have liked.
What do you mean?

I'd say 60kg is more than enough weight. There's no reason to add more. Also because you increase the risk of snapping the rope by adding more weight. Not only that, but the more you weigh, the more uncomfortable the full suspension hanging will feel.

Reactions: bigwomanbigwoman123
H

Hvergelmir

Student
May 5, 2024
What do you mean?
Under ideal conditions hanging result in a broken neck followed by immediate loss of consciousness. When this doesn't happen the process can be slower and much more painful.

A higher drop is the common way of improving the odds. But I assume extra weight could help, too.

Last edited: