• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

T

TimeToDie

Mage
Jun 13, 2019
I haven't seen this issue brought up on SS yet. When real estate is sold the owner is required to disclose all "material" facts about its condition. This may or may not include suicide depending on the laws in your state. Just imagine if you were buying a house -- would you want to know if the bedroom had new carpet because the old carpet was soaked in blood after a shotgun suicide?

Reactions: Cevapcici, LastFlowers and Circles
Y

YongeDundas

Nov 8, 2018
I doubt it would affect the value. Unless it was a celebrity suicide.

Reactions: Cevapcici and Circles
JohnUK

JohnUK

Student
Feb 15, 2019
It's not going to affect any property

Reactions: Imgonnahangmyself
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Some potential buyers might be put off by a murder, but I would think fewer would be bothered by a suicide. Either way I don't think it would lower the value.

Reactions: LastFlowers
T

TimeToDie

Mage
Jun 13, 2019
I doubt it would affect the value. Unless it was a celebrity suicide.
DiedInHouse.com -- seems some people want to know. I failed to ask if anybody died in the house I bought as that question never popped into my mind. Had I thought of it, I would have asked. And when I was involved in the sale of a home, none of the prospective buyers ever asked if anybody had happened to have died there in the 80 years since it was built (and my father did die there of cancer).

Reactions: Cevapcici
Letmego. Please

Letmego. Please

Wizard
Nov 18, 2018
I have thought about the effect for my property but i live in the middle of Bungalow world, 'Tis a regular thing to look out the window to see another hearse carting off a neighbour, so round here most folks have died in their property, i doubt any future estate agent is gonna care how i pegged it.