Duqu

Duqu

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
Aug 27, 2018
I was just thinking about this last night...There are some great episodes out there and not a few movies. What are some you guys know of?

The first TV episode that comes to mind is oooold (1994) buuut:
Season 1, episode 1 of ER Carol attemps to OD to kill herself and is on life support for a few episode if I recall correctly

Movies:
The Virgin Suicides (1999)
Ordinary People (1980)
Dead Poets Society (1989)
Dog Pound (2010)
Boy Erased (2018) (warning: this one is about an LGBT "conversion" place...)

Reactions: enjolras
RileyTanaka

RileyTanaka

ill / failure
Mar 20, 2020
Girl, Interrupted
Thelma and Louise
Trainspotting

Last edited:
Reactions: enjolras
PrettyMoose

PrettyMoose

Eat my arse, Pain&Sh*tness & Mindf*ckitation Grift
Mar 1, 2020
The Sunset Limited starring Tommy Lee Jones and Samuel L. Jackson is about a professor who attempts suicide by jumping in front of a train and is "saved" by an ex-con Christian who works there, then is taken back to his apartment for a long conversation. Here's a small bit of what is said, this part by the suicidal professor -

"If people could see the world for what it truly is, see their lives for what they truly are, without dreams or illusions, I don't believe they could offer the first reason why they should not elect to die as soon as possible. I don't believe in God. Can you understand that? Look around you, man. Can't you see? The clamor and din of those in torment has to be the sound most pleasing to his ear. And I loathe these discussions... The argument of the village atheist whose single passion is to revile endlessly that which he denies the existence of in the first place. Your fellowship is a fellowship of pain and nothing more. And if that pain were collective instead of merely reiterative, the sheer weight of it would drag the world from the walls of the universe and send it crashing and burning down through whatever night it might yet be capable of engendering until it was not even ash. And brotherhood, justice, eternal life? Good God, man. Show me a religion that prepares one for nothingness, for death. That's a church I might enter. Yours prepares one only for more life, for dreams and illusions and lies. Banish the fear of death from men's hearts... They wouldn't live a day. Who would want this nightmare but for fear of the next? The shadow of the axe hangs over every joy. Every road ends in death, every friendship, every love. Torment, loss, betrayal, pain, suffering, age, indignity, hideous lingering illness... and all of it with a single conclusion. For you and every one and every thing you have ever chosen to care for. That is the true brotherhood, the true fellowship. And everybody is a member for life."

• Hugs
Reactions: Ripmyveinsout and TheSoulless
SpareWheel

SpareWheel

I go on holidays by mistake
May 4, 2020
Life on Mars. BBC TV series, 2 seasons of 8 episodes each.

It's about a cop from the 2000s that gets knocked over and gets put in a coma, he then ends up in some parallel universe in 1973, also as a cop.

Deals with suicide, I won't say how or when or it'll ruin the plot. Excellent TV series though.

Yomyom

Yomyom

Darker dearie, much darker
Feb 5, 2020
There was an episode on NCIS about someone who hang himself in a mathematical method that he didn't feel any pain.
Don't remember wich season or the number episode it was

Deleted member 10475

Deleted member 10475

Tired.
Sep 11, 2019
Wristcutters: A Love Story is probably one of my favorites. It's a dark comedy about an afterlife limbo specifically for people who committed suicide.

• Love
Reactions: xalltoowell
enjolras

enjolras

Dead are useless if not to love the living more
Feb 13, 2020
Dead Poets Society (1989)

Fab! I saw it at such a young age and was deeply impacted instantly. But I've always been impacted by injustice, feeling close to situations of hopelessness like injustice, be it abuse, poverty or homeless people. It feels like I had the fragility of a DNA sensitive to weaknessess since forever. In that sense, I'm not surprised of the slippery slope where I am because I'm opposing to fight it. In fact, I'm wondering if early termination is not part destiny and I'm accompanying it unknowingly.

Last edited:
K-O

K-O

FU(KOFFEE
Apr 16, 2020
WATCHED THIS ONE AS A TEENAGER AND REMEMBER IT WAS V GOOD

xalltoowell

xalltoowell

Loner, loser and complicated wreck
Nov 3, 2019
The Rules of Attraction

Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020
"Harold and Maude". Great movie from 1971. A dark comedy. Highly recommend.

You'll see snippets of plenty of CTB methods in the movie. Great sound track to my ear, from Cat Stevens.

The trailer is on youtube. Couldn't get it to upload. Watch the trailer. It has four CTB methods shown.

Last edited:
Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
An episode from the show paranormal agent, three people, an elderly man, a young man, and a small child are all trying to kill themselves throughout the episode, its meant to be comedic essentially, but it goes from pills and aphxyiation, to hanging, to essentially chasing after a serial killer with blood fresh on his weapon and so on. Out of all the episodes in that 13 ep show, that one really stood out to me.

Last edited:
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
There were a couple episodes of House that stood out to me. One was my favorite episode as a kid that was focused on death and the afterlife. House stuck a knife in a wall socket and almost died to see what the afterlife was like. The sick person of the day may have actually died by suicide. I think he did.

In another episode, a main character killed himself. If I remember right, the whole episode was centered around suicide.

Reactions: GrumpyFrog