Lookoutbelow

Lookoutbelow

Jump to it
Sep 14, 2023
I have posted a few times about wanting my suicide to be humourous. I feel like taking my suicide so seriously makes it more difficult to accomplish. I am a jumper so I'm looking for any way to overcome SI. I find life so ridiculous and completely absurd. My jump has to be quick and inconspicuous. If I thought I could get away with it I would dress like a clown and jump to my death while holding a tiny umbrella. Then my suicide would match the ridiculousness of life. Tell me some humorous ways to CTB.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: coked_pigeon, Aim, CyVir and 22 others
Amyend88

Amyend88

A&E
Oct 22, 2023
I don't think it's about clowning around or being super serious. You'll more likely take on a form of detachment, where emotions go out the window.

Reactions: jlwww08271965 and bridgegirl
Lookoutbelow

Lookoutbelow

Jump to it
Sep 14, 2023
I don't think it's about clowning around or being super serious. You'll more likely take on a form of detachment, where emotions go out the window.
Well I hope that detachment comes soon. Because I have been in pain for a long time.

bridgegirl

bridgegirl

life on the edge, I guess
Oct 16, 2023
Oh my, haha.

Personally, I could not achieve this myself. I'd have to go out there drunk off my ass and completely irreverent, and even then that's not the same thing as what you're asking.

I mean, I'm the queen of dark humor, but yeah, I can't find too much humor in the actual last act. But that's just me.

That jumping SI is a real bitch.. ask me how I know.

Reactions: qsocdu, Amyend88 and Lookoutbelow
Lookoutbelow

Lookoutbelow

Jump to it
Sep 14, 2023
Oh my, haha.

Personally, I could not achieve this myself. I'd have to go out there drunk off my ass and completely irreverent, and even then that's not the same thing as what you're asking.

I mean, I'm the queen of dark humor, but yeah, I can't find too much humor in the actual last act. But that's just me.

My coping mechanism is humor. As weird as I might sound to people who are suicidal. I really believe if I make it funny/ridiculous enough that I could do it.

• Love
Reactions: Aim, sad_rock, Lifeis_Jouissance70 and 2 others
hi-okbye

hi-okbye

7.7.2023<3
May 5, 2023
maybe getting into a bird costume and convincing yourself you can fly? i feel like this could slightly help with SI. Don't look at the place bellow you, just look at the sky and just repeat to yourself that when you jump off your gonna start flying through the sky. in my experience, use the every so slightest moment of belief to get it done.

My coping mechanism is humor. As weird as I might sound to people who are suicidal. I really believe if I make it funny/ridiculous enough that I could do it.
honestly same, i make so many jokes about death and suicide. i always make jokes to my friend how i'm gonna haunt them if they do something, or talking about embarrassing stories that she said she's gonna tell at my funeral. jokes are amazing and although death is sad, i think people should get good laughs about it. i feel like that's what the dead would want anyways.

Reactions: Lookoutbelow
fallintotheshadows

fallintotheshadows

Oct 23, 2023
Oh my, haha.

I shall ask. How do you know what was your experience

bridgegirl

bridgegirl

Oct 16, 2023
Mine is too - usually black or dry humor, for sure. Sometimes I am so sarcastic that I don't even know myself if I'm actually sarcastic or how I feel.. LOL

But I hear you. Toss a broken parachute down first? Haha

Lookoutbelow

Lookoutbelow

Jump to it
Sep 14, 2023
Mine is too - usually black or dry humor, for sure. Sometimes I am so sarcastic that I don't even know myself if I'm actually sarcastic or how I feel.. LOL

But I hear you. Toss a broken parachute down first? Haha
I like it. This is what suicide talk should be like. Making it funny doesn't make want to do it any less. It just helps alleviate some stress about it.

Reactions: bridgegirl
L

lion4000b

May 6, 2020
I think you're awesome:) To retain such humour while being in such pain. I bet if you we're healthy and self actualising you would a brilliant comedian.

But yes, I also agree. When you really think about it and zoom out, human life is just an experience so why not find pleasure and humour in every situation:)

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: Oneness, Lifeis_Jouissance70, Life is life and 1 other person
bridgegirl

bridgegirl

Oct 16, 2023
I like it. This is what suicide talk should be like. Making it funny doesn't make want to do it any less. It just helps alleviate some stress about it.
I get that for sure. I wrote a piece about my last attempt and it amused me to put bridge/jumping puns in there by using certain words (impact, overarching) that wouldn't raise an eyebrow.

One of those highway WRONG WAY signs that you plant at the bottom beforehand? Boombox blasting "Love Can Build A Bridge" on repeat? Hang a tire swing from the railing?

I just made myself laugh. I'm going to hell. 😂

Lookoutbelow

Lookoutbelow

Jump to it
Sep 14, 2023
I get that for sure. I wrote a piece about my last attempt and it amused me to put bridge/jumping puns in there by using certain words (impact, overarching) that wouldn't raise an eyebrow.

One of those highway WRONG WAY signs that you plant at the bottom beforehand? Boombox blasting "Love Can Build A Bridge" on repeat? Hang a tire swing from the railing?

I just made myself laugh. I'm going to hell. 😂
Love it. What about painting one of those Bugs Bunny tunnels on the ground where you land. The ones where he runs through but the next character just gets flattened.

bridgegirl

bridgegirl

Oct 16, 2023
I shall ask. How do you know what was your experience
Many tortured trips out to my bridge, walking around in anguish and craving that drop so badly, straddling that railing and tensing my muscles to push myself forward, and then.. failing to complete the act.

Time. After time.

You can think you're ready, be ready, and then be frozen in place unable to make yourself do it despite sobbing and mentally screaming at yourself to go, go, just fucking go, end this shit finally. And maybe you weren't ready after all. Maybe it's not about being ready. You don't know what it's about, anymore.

The last time was about a month ago. It's almost all I can think about.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: UtopianSoliloquies and Lookoutbelow
fallintotheshadows

fallintotheshadows

Oct 23, 2023
Many tortured trips out to my bridge, walking around in anguish and craving that drop so badly, straddling that railing and tensing my muscles to push myself forward, and then.. failing to complete the act.

Time. After time.

You can think you're ready, be ready, and then be frozen in place unable to make yourself do it despite sobbing and mentally screaming at yourself to go, go, just fucking go, end this shit finally. And maybe you weren't ready after all. Maybe it's not about being ready. You don't know what it's about, anymore.

The last time was about a month ago. It's almost all I can think about.
That's why when I get to that bridge I'll be listening to the song I decided to be my last song and when the drop for it hits I will fall. I think having something nice to hear before going may help with si. Music helps with alot of things already but that is my assumption I'll go ahead and make a post here when I'm ready which should be in a couple days

bridgegirl

bridgegirl

Oct 16, 2023
Love it. What about painting one of those Bugs Bunny tunnels on the ground where you land. The ones where he runs through but the next character just gets flattened.
Hahahahaaaaa

Wear a shirt that has an arrow on it and says "This End Up."

Place a small trampoline (I said small, not one of those giant ones, although hey more power to you if you can) at the bottom a little ways from where you'll land.

Wear a swimsuit and have some inflatable shark pool floats at the bottom, like you got eaten by the sharks.

Nail a "diving board" to the top and have a small glass of water on the ground (more Bugs Bunny-style hijinks for ya).

That's why when I get to that bridge I'll be listening to the song I decided to be my last song and when the drop for it hits I will fall. I think having something nice to hear before going may help with si. Music helps with alot of things already but that is my assumption I'll go ahead and make a post here when I'm ready which should be in a couple days
I was thinking about this too. I have my song picked. Want to end on a blazing guitar outro, ringing out loud and clear on repeat.

Oooh one more, @Lookoutbelow
Lean a metal detector against the bridge railing and leave a note: "Finders keepers - after all, you can't take it with you!" Drop a ten dollar bill up top as though that one blew away from its concealment by accident.

Last edited:
Lookoutbelow

Lookoutbelow

Jump to it
Sep 14, 2023
I think you're awesome:) To retain such humour while being in such pain. I bet if you we're healthy and self actualising you would a brilliant comedian.

But yes, I also agree. When you really think about it and zoom out, human life is just an experience so why not find pleasure and humour in every situation:)
Thanks.
Hahahahaaaaa

Wear a shirt that has an arrow on it and says "This End Up." Place a small trampoline (I said small, not one of those giant ones, although hey more power to you if you can) at the bottom a little ways from where you'll land. Wear a swimsuit and have some inflatable shark pool floats at the bottom, like you got eaten by the sharks. Nail a "diving board" to the top and have a small glass of water on the ground (more Bugs Bunny-style hijinks for ya).
Love the swimsuit with a glass of water at the bottom. I could actually put one there on my way up. All of these funny ways makes me want to kill myself multiple times.

Last edited:
  • Yay!
bridgegirl

bridgegirl

Oct 16, 2023
Strap those old 90s-style moon shoes on your feet.

I've gotta stop coming up with these, omg 😂

snowcloud9

snowcloud9

I’m Cold
Sep 9, 2023
Alcohol and drugs are what people use to overcome SI

S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
The only suicide joke I've really got is pretending that I'm going on a date with death or eloping with death. Romance with a twist of macabre is my obsession and a pretty common literature topic. I've also romanticed death for myself now thanks to my stupid suicide joke.

I wish death is easier to talk about as well, it's constantly on my mind so I've been pretty desensitised to it now, and I want to talk about it about what comes after how people will react to my death and what I should do before I die.

As for jumping maybe wear a shirt that says gravity doesn't work until you look down?

Lifeis_Jouissance70

Lifeis_Jouissance70

Come, sweet death
Oct 25, 2023
I thought of hanging myself and leaving a note like "Sorry I died this is my favorite sleeping position."

Reactions: Oneness and _apathetic
Oneness

Oneness

The eternal awaits
Oct 23, 2023
I think most people take life way too seriously and this applies to CTB as well.

"Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun." - Alan Watts
"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." - H. L. Mencken

I think it can be a good idea for some people to add a funny twist to the CTB. This is my current favourite method - the beach balls make it a bit ridiculous...

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: Unknown21, qsocdu and Lifeis_Jouissance70
MelancholyDolly

MelancholyDolly

Lolita ♡ I am a human doll
Oct 28, 2023
True, I hate the thought of my my death being this super sad thing. I think it can be beautiful, my last piece of artwork. I hate how pretty much %99 of humanity thinks of death and funerals as these horrible things when I think they can be a celebration. I hope people have fun and wear pretty colors at my funeral, I hate being boring.

supergip

supergip

A strange person.
May 13, 2023
I have posted a few times about wanting my suicide to be humourous. I feel like taking my suicide so seriously makes it more difficult to accomplish. I am a jumper so I'm looking for any way to overcome SI. I find life so ridiculous and completely absurd. My jump has to be quick and inconspicuous. If I thought I could get away with it I would dress like a clown and jump to my death while holding a tiny umbrella. Then my suicide would match the ridiculousness of life. Tell me some humorous ways to CTB.
I found a nice way. Congratulations on thinking about it, Camus would love it too.