• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

deathoverlife

deathoverlife

life is fleeting.....
Oct 8, 2018
Aren't we all so conditioned to say /hearing the phrase "Committed Suicide"
criminals commit crimes..people who decide to ctb ain't criminals..we ain't criminals....

Btw, what term do you use when you talk about it? Or how do you feel when you read or hear others use the phrase 'committed Suicide'.

What phrase do you want others to use for you when you Ctb..curious to know....

'committed' or 'died by' or do you have any thing else in mind

Lra888

Lra888

Enlightened
Sep 30, 2018
Agree with you. I don't like the way it's spoken about / interpreted by the majority of people.

I think about this a lot. Currently I prefer terms like escape, or leave, or exiting or being at peace - something that communicates the act from the individual's perspective of making the descision to leave the suffering behind.

Aesthler

Aesthler

Death is the only God who comes when you call
Sep 25, 2018
As a lot of things socially suicide has a huge stigma associated with it. I think of it as just dying, the same as if you were old and died or if you were involved in an accident and died, the only difference being that it's voluntary.
I think there is a possibility in the future for voluntary dying to be accepted as a right and a norm. In india they have a shady practice of sometimes involuntarily killing off their elderly, either to gain assets or because they simply can no longer afford to feed and house them. As population grows, resources diminish, and everything gets to be so outrageously expensive I think there will be some form of euthanasia in practice that alleviates stresses and demand from the rest of the population. I don't think that would be better though, because I think there is a deeper reason or problem that isn't being addressed as to why so many of us feel the need to ctb. Why are there so many people that are suffering mentally, physically and emotionally? We destroy nature in the name of humanity, progress and profit, but there's a huge cost to that.

deathoverlife

deathoverlife

life is fleeting.....
Oct 8, 2018
As a lot of things socially suicide has a huge stigma associated with it. I think of it as just dying, the same as if you were old and died or if you were involved in an accident and died, the only difference being that it's voluntary.
I think there is a possibility in the future for voluntary dying to be accepted as a right and a norm. In india they have a shady practice of sometimes involuntarily killing off their elderly, either to gain assets or because they simply can no longer afford to feed and house them. As population grows, resources diminish, and everything gets to be so outrageously expensive I think there will be some form of euthanasia in practice that alleviates stresses and demand from the rest of the population. I don't think that would be better though, because I think there is a deeper reason or problem that isn't being addressed as to why so many of us feel the need to ctb. Why are there so many people that are suffering mentally, physically and emotionally? We destroy nature in the name of humanity, progress and profit, but there's a huge cost to that.
What you are talking about is called Santhara or Sallekhana which means literally thinning out...
this is not a shady or involuntary..its completely voluntary practised by by ancient and small community who follow Jainism in India..

it's like a religious ritual taken up by a A person who is very old or very ill decides to stop eating in order to die...
fasting unto death.
it's kind of approved sucide and the people who die by Santhara are respected in main faith.

Lra888

Lra888

Enlightened
Sep 30, 2018
Society doesn't understand. Mental health professionals view it as the most horrible thing a person can do to the point of forced hospitalization.

I so wish that suicide were more accepted, or at least people would not judge it so negatively and try to understand it from the suffering person's perspective.

Aesthler

Aesthler

Sep 25, 2018
What you are talking about is called Santhara or Sallekhana which means literally thinning out...
this is not a shady or involuntary..its completely voluntary practised by by ancient and small community who follow Jainism in India..

it's like a religious ritual taken up by a A person who is very old or very ill decides to stop eating in order to die...
fasting unto death.
it's kind of approved sucide and the people who die by Santhara are respected in main faith.

What I'm talking about is Thalaikoothal which is a traditional practice of scenecide. Yes there are times when the elderly do go voluntarily and yes that's different. There have been cases where it wasn't voluntary and that's what the practice of Thalaikoothal refers to.

Aesthler

Aesthler

Sep 25, 2018
@Aesthler this is gruesome.. went thru an article on it ..this is nothing but a murder

Indeed this is simply murder when it boils down to it, but it's disguised to look like a suicide. Which I guess the point I was trying to drive home with it was. When things get so bad and if we were all able to ctb at the assistance of some lab or something, I don't see it as being any better really because there's problems in the world and I do think humanity is manifesting these as all the problems within ourselves that we exhibit. Even though self-deliverance would be a great option, I still feel like we should have the option to do it but try and heal the world for those who live.

open skyes

open skyes

Life is No where ...
Oct 10, 2018

fasting unto death.
Seriously !! Wow respected for committing sucide ...

open skyes

open skyes

Life is No where ...
Oct 10, 2018

fasting unto death.

How long can an individual survive without food and water..may be around 20 days ??
One need to have a great deal of will power to go through this process to give up on there life. Yep for sure they deserve respect for pulling it through

deathoverlife

deathoverlife

life is fleeting.....
Oct 8, 2018
Society doesn't understand. Mental health professionals view it as the most horrible thing a person can do to the point of forced hospitalization.

I so wish that suicide were more accepted, or at least people would not judge it so negatively and try to understand it from the suffering person's perspective.

Accepting and allowing someone to decide what to do with their life still is a long way to go..
When we go for therapy and confess of suicidal thoughts, we would be flagged immediately and the family members are alerted. Happened in my case. I really had to put up a show with my family to convince then that am fine and it was just a phase, they were just passing thoughts.

believe me its wasn't easy... I took away all my energy and sucked out lil life what I had.

Duqu

Duqu

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
Aug 27, 2018
I still refer to it in RL as KTB (or rather, Kicking The Bucket) as a member here (how I believe has since passed) used to say it. On here I just call it CTB though. Or KTB just for "kicks" haha. I never call it "COMMITTING suicide" because like you, I don't believe it to be a crime (though I believe it IS illegal in some states...how messed up is that?).

Jinxed

Jinxed

Oct 14, 2018
What I'm talking about is Thalaikoothal which is a traditional practice of scenecide. Yes there are times when the elderly do go voluntarily and yes that's different. There have been cases where it wasn't voluntary and that's what the practice of Thalaikoothal refers to.

Thalaikoothal is practised in some parts of south-India especially the state of Tamil Nadu. Although considered amoral, illegal and inhuman today, this has been an ancient practice of the culture. Sati, another ancient practice of suicide in entire India, is now criminalised by the judicial system.

I believe suicide is not only deemed as criminal, but perceived as a sign of weakness and dishonour on the side of who 'commits' or 'chooses' it.

deathoverlife

deathoverlife

life is fleeting.....
Oct 8, 2018
suicide or attempt suicide isn't considered criminal in few started of US and in few asian countries like India. But the atigm
If it's illegal and you successfully ctb, do they drag your corpse into court?
If you are dead you are safe... if your attempt fails then yes you will face the charges..
It's like traumatising and humiliating the individual further more.. that will only strengthen the urge to ctb

deathoverlife

deathoverlife

life is fleeting.....
Oct 8, 2018
I still refer to it in RL as KTB (or rather, Kicking The Bucket) as a member here (how I believe has since passed) used to say it. On here I just call it CTB though. Or KTB just for "kicks" haha. I never call it "COMMITTING suicide" because like you, I don't believe it to be a crime (though I believe it IS illegal in some states...how messed up is that?).
The way
kicking the bucket..i like that :)

Reactions: lv-gras
deathoverlife

deathoverlife

life is fleeting.....
Oct 8, 2018
How long can an individual survive without food and water..may be around 20 days ??
One need to have a great deal of will power to go through this process to give up on there life. Yep for sure they deserve respect for pulling it through
@Jblack do you have any idea ??

deathoverlife

deathoverlife

life is fleeting.....
Oct 8, 2018
have done this for about a week or so, it can be hard in some ways, but in the right state,
a week you went without food and water.. seriously!! How intolerable was it..
what made you do that..to ctb

Reactions: open skyes
open skyes

open skyes

Life is No where ...
Oct 10, 2018
Thalaikoothal is practised in some parts of south-India especially the state of Tamil Nadu. Although considered amoral, illegal and inhuman today, this has been an ancient practice of the culture. Sati, another ancient practice of suicide in entire India, is now criminalised by the judicial system.

I believe suicide is not only deemed as criminal, but perceived as a sign of weakness and dishonour on the side of who 'commits' or 'chooses' it.
In sati ..wife commits sucide when husband dies right ??

Reactions: lv-gras