Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
I'm confused. Is the reason people are questioning responses to this post because it might be a young person? If it wasn't a young person, are we then okay to respond?

Do we need to assume everyone who lives with their parents could be a young person? I have had to move back in with my parents due to mental illness and I am in my 40s - but should we assume they might be younger?

Last edited:
Reactions: Lupgevif and GoodPersonEffed
BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
So that everyone knows the correct facts, here is the said thread from which my post was copied

Yes, allow me to provide a screenshot again.

EDIT: for a bigger picture see post #17.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200922-201125~2.png
    Screenshot_20200922-201125~2.png
    475.3 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Allow me to try to fix your moral compass as best I can.

How do I know that the OP is a young person?
I don't. That's my point.
Do you not understand what I'm saying?
If a young person is at risk, you assume it *might* be a young person in order to protect them, rather than assume it is not.

Your reasoning is based on it would be better for the person to die rather than be severely disabled.
Perhaps this is true, who am I to say.
But arguing about degrees of disability is beside the point.
You posted a comment, picture above, that clearly said that there should be no age limit at all on the availability of suicide. I find this repulsive.
This website is a peer to peer support forum, not a pro-death cult. If you wish to start one of those please go elsewhere.

Obviously I don't think the website should be deleted. Just read what I wrote above.
Please help me understand better. Do you object that he linked a method post? If so then is linking the methods resources topic also immoral? I'm just trying to see where the line is.

BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
Please help me understand better. Do you object that he linked a method post? If so then is linking the methods resources topic also immoral? I'm just trying to see where the line is.
I'm talking to him about the fact that he said, among other things, that 5 year olds should be able to end their lives (see picture in previous comments).

I don't think there is a one-size-fits-all clear moral line. Each case has to be looked at individually. The website rules as well as the law is more black and white.
Where do you think the line is, if you believe there is a clear line?

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and esse_est_percipi
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
The OP asked if a method would work. They didn't ask for anyone to give them methods or plan their suicide for them.

Their thread is going to get locked over an argument that has nothing to do with them or what they said.

• Love
Reactions: LetzteAusfahrt, Lupgevif and LittleJem
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I'm talking to him about the fact that he said, among other things, that 5 year olds should be able to end their lives (see picture in previous comments).

I don't think there is a one-size-fits-all clear moral line. Each case has to be looked at individually. The website rules as well as the law is more black and white.
Where do you think the line is, if you believe there is a clear line?
Thank you for explaining. Honesty Ive seen first hand now mental illness and trauma can effect children as well as adults. It is a case by case basis, but some people simply can't function in this world due to physical or mental illness. Is it fair to make someone wait till a certain age to end suffering there is no cure for? I don't think he was inherently wrong to say children shouldn't be aloud to die. Horrible illness and mental health problems strike the very young.

• Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, LetzteAusfahrt and LittleJem
BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
And I stand by what I've written !

Either you report my post now and I will be banned, or you stop giving public moral sermons.

One could think that you are also a hidden pro-lifer ubd published my post on Instagram yourself

I have just seen that you've edited one of your previous posts that I've already quoted.
The edit is quoted above.

I'm quite certain you stand by what you've said. These things include suicide methods being made available to 5 year olds.

I'm sorry that you feel uncomfortable being challenged publicly. But I feel confident enough to do so.

Ahh yes, the accusation of being a 'pro-lifer' based on me being against your own view that methods to end life shouldn't be made available to 5 year olds.
I should have seen that coming!
Thank you for explaining. Honesty Ive seen first hand now mental illness and trauma can effect children as well as adults. It is a case by case basis, but some people simply can't function in this world due to physical or mental illness. Is it fair to make someone wait till a certain age to end suffering there is no cure for? I don't think he was inherently wrong to say children shouldn't be aloud to die. Horrible illness and mental health problems strike the very young.
I had mental health issues when I was very young, due to emotional abuse and the loss of my grandfather at a young age (and the way he died effecting me).
I'm glad that I wasn't able to make the decision to end my life at that age.
Yes, it does apply to me directly, so is not just a theoretical consideration.
I have now come to the decision to end my life, as you know. But that's not to say that some people who went through similar things will recover.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and Ghost2211
Status
Not open for further replies.