• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Deleted member 22624

Deleted member 22624

One foot in the grave
Oct 7, 2020
But they do ask.

Clearly you were breathing in your own CO2. This has always been my main gripe about the gas and bag method. It seems to me it's so obvious. If you exhale into the bag over your head then you will inhale CO2.
I think a new test comparison should be done. A hood with no air supply versus a hood with air at 15l/m.

I bet that you could stay under the hood with air indefinitely, quite comfortably. I wish I'd compared the argon hood with no air supply, I'm convinced there's an additive in all the Argon I got for safety. After all, they often mix CO2 for that reason when welding requirements don't call for pure argon, maybe they've found an alternative

Edit: sorry OP, I've undebatably derailed your thread a bit

Last edited:
Reactions: Greenberg
Thanatonaut

Thanatonaut

My time is coming.
May 17, 2019
I think a new test comparison should be done. A hood with no air supply versus a hood with air at 15l/m.

I bet that you could stay under the hood with air indefinitely, quite comfortably. I wish I'd compared the argon hood with no air supply, I'm convinced there's an additive in all the Argon I got for safety. After all, they often mix CO2 for that reason when welding requirements don't call for pure argon, maybe they've found an alternative
They already did that in one of the books. Can't remember which one but I think PPeH. They proved that 15 LPM keeps CO2 concentrations from getting too high.
Have you given any thought to a methadone clinic for your pain? Even if you have to tell them it's for opioid addiction it might help you.
That has been suggested to me. I refuse. I am not an addict and will not give them the satisfaction. Once I go down that route, I'd never get any real help ever again anyway. The whole system is rigged against us.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 22624 and Greenberg
B

BeBraveBrother

Student
Sep 5, 2020
Dude, where did you manage to get that? Some online store or a gas store?

A gas supplier that has an online shop. But it's in germany and I am not sure if they ship abroad.

Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
I failed with Argon, it was no different for me than just putting a bag over my head. Tried multiple sources, testing for CO2, my guess is my physiology is a bit unusual. That was all thoroughly disappointing and I still have to figure out how to get rid of 3 large second hand gas cannisters with possible Argon inside
I am confident now that you had purchased Argon premixed with Carbon Dioxide (CO2). There are 2 types of metal welding processes: TIG and MIG welding.

TIG welding uses the gas to keep the tungsten electrode shielded from environmental contamination, like oxygen, nitrogen, and hydrogen. It also needs to have a more stable arc, since the electrode needs to be kept at a very controlled distance from the workpiece. Argon helps keep the welding environment completely inert, and it helps to form a very stable, controllable arc. In contrast, CO2 is actually an active gas. It results in oxidation, especially around tungsten (which is the electrode in a TIG welder).

MIG welding has different needs. If Argon is employed with a MIG welder, the welds become wide and lack good penetration. This is why CO2 is added. CO2 helps to produce a hotter weld puddle that flows deeper and quicker. Steel, for example, is able to handle controlled atmospheric reactions around the weld puddle, so issues like embrittlement or other problems that other metals would experience are nonissues. So, in short, TIG welding needs pure argon to protect the tungsten electrode, and MIG welding works best on a 75%/25% Ar/CO2 mix to achieve good weld penetration and flow.

Reactions: gtrfvr and Mare Imbrium
M

MNSF99

Jan 22, 2024
Yes, it was true until the recent past; almost all commercial helium canisters now include some oxygen so that people will not be able to CBT. As alternatives, there are nitrogen and argon which would serve the same purpose, with the latter costing more. Best!
Is this the case with vendors in the UK?