• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

R

ryndyn

Nov 5, 2020
has anyone ever considered this method? It's the one I'm most likely to choose if I decide to ctb since I can't get a gun (live in the US but can't legally) and can't afford one on the black market. I don't have many moral obligations to it since I would be using a fake gun and not putting them in any danger, and I feel like while I feel bad the cop might suffer emotionally from it, at the end of the day he chose that job and will be able to get help. It just seems easiest

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: esann7, LesDjinns and Deleted member 14573
D

Deleted member 14573

Feb 2, 2020
Is there not a high chance that you'll be badly injured, but not dead? Doesn't seem reliable but seems violent.

Reactions: esann7, Good4Nothing, Ghost2211 and 2 others
StringPuppet

StringPuppet

Lost
Oct 5, 2020
Why risk jail time

Reactions: depressedsally and Ghost2211
R

ryndyn

Nov 5, 2020
Is there not a high chance that you'll be badly injured, but not dead? Doesn't seem reliable but seems violent.
That's fair, I didn't think about that much tbh. Usually from what I've seen though it's likely a cop will put 5-15 rounds in you when they're scared enough to shoot and they're not the fastest at getting proper medical care to save you. It's usually only very lucky ones who survive
Why risk jail time
that's true. I think the likelihood of surviving though isn't that high and if I do live I'd be using a fake gun and could probably get rehab time instead of jail time cause I have a history w mental health and injured no one else

Reactions: esann7
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
That's such a bad idea in my opinion. So much can go wrong.

Reactions: sourpink and Ghost2211
J

Jean Améry

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2019
that's true. I think the likelihood of surviving though isn't that high and if I do live I'd be using a fake gun and could probably get rehab time instead of jail time cause I have a history w mental health and injured no one else

It seems quite possible they'd shoot to kill if you threaten them with what looks like a real gun. I do question the validity of the second part of that sentence.

I'd look into this thoroughly if I were you. In my country mentally ill people who commit a criminal offence (which is what you would be doing by threatening a police-officer regardless of whether a real gun was used) get locked up in closed psych-wards until they are considered to no longer pose a threat to public security. In other words there is no set time period (unlike a criminal conviction where they have to let you go after you did your time) and gaining one's freedom depends solely on the completely biased opinion of some psychiatrist. Practically everything you do will be explained as a 'symptom' of your mental illness and they could be held liable if they release you and you'd subsequently cause damage of any kind.

If there is a similar procedure in the law where you live you'll be fornicated if you survive the encounter with the police.

There's the chance they do deem you competent to stand trial (having a history of mental illness by itself does not guarantee legal incompetence to stand trial) and you will be convicted and serve time in jail. That means a criminal record which will make your life even shittier.

Last edited:
J

JustABunchOfAtoms

She/they
Jul 23, 2020
Are you BIPoC?

Reactions: CoalmineCanary, greyhound and esann7
M

Moon Flower

I'll soon be sleeping sound
Oct 14, 2019
Someone tried this where I live recently and the cops just took him in. Too many variables

Reactions: esann7 and demuic
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
It could be nice. Seeing how everybody from receptionist to man in the street scolds the fuck out of me for not being from here, suppose annoying a cop would get me killed good and proper.

These people are so funny. The runt of the litter, but so ready to trample all over a 40 kilo, smiling, apolegitic thing like me. Apparently I am the only one lower down than them that they cannot miss the chance of bullying.

• Love
Reactions: megafire
Mr.Nobody

Mr.Nobody

Student
Jan 30, 2020
I would not do it.Many things can go wrong.Bullets fired can hit bystanders which would put you in real trouble.

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Despite what you see on the news, most of the time they prefer to take people down in non-lethal ways. It's not a guarantee that you'll be killed. It's more likely you'll be injured and locked up, and I doubt that will make your situation better.

And if you are successful, cops are still people. You say they can get help... Technically, yeah. But how's that working out for you? They'll be thrown into the same broken mental health system you are. So what makes you think they're going to end up ok and not plagued with the guilt of having to murder you for the rest of their lives?

Sorry. I'm all for people having a choice to end their own lives, but I strongly disagree with things like this.

• Love
Reactions: Spitfire, chrisbate7, GoodPersonEffed and 2 others
L

LesDjinns

Nov 3, 2020
On the whole race thing:

Not sure how accurate these statistics are, but throughout the years I've read similar things. The whole 'Black people are more likely to get shot by cops'-thing is bullshit, part of the divide and conquer tactics TPTB like to use to keep us the plebs divided.

That said, as other people have said aswell: it's a really unreliable way of ending your own life. So many things can go wrong.

On top of that, despite what the brainwashing media would have you believe (esp in 'Murica), cops are still people. I'dd argue for the majority of cops who take a life, it's something they have to deal with aswell. So you're not only ending your own life, you're hurting another while you're at it.

And that's never a good way to go...

I mean, to each their own, I'm not someone to tell someone else what to do, and what not to do, I'm only here for advice. I do think it's important to say these things though. There's already enough misery in this world, us suicidal people are probably more aware of the shit in this world than the rest.

So don't add it to. Taking your life is drastic enough as it is, try not to involve other people in the process because it will 'hurt' them (emotionally) more than you can imagine...

Reactions: nachofriend and k75
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I'm not really vibing with any method that relies on the actions of people that I have to control over in any way

Reactions: Wisdom3_1-9, Spitfire, Surgeon and 1 other person
Surgeon

Surgeon

anam cara
Mar 2, 2020
Too many variables and lose respect points for dragging someone else into your mess.
Sorry

Niftypoint124

Niftypoint124

Student
Nov 7, 2020
Given what I know about police training, I'm going to tell you this is going to make a big mess and, probably more to the point, is unlikely to end with your death. Incarceration, mental health holds, and having to deal with a bunch of cops ticked off by how your actions have impacted their day? Might as well pick something simple with fewer variables to worry about.

Like what if you ended up on a 5150 and on the news? Who wants that kind of attention?

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
yetme

yetme

Arcanist
Oct 20, 2019
Why do we even discuss this? Why would you want to fuck up someone else's life?

Reactions: chrisbate7
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Depends on what state you live in, cops will do the deed for you to protect themselves or they may taze you and haul you off to jail. I wouldn't do this in a big city either, do it in a small town because those cops are untrained and have an itchy trigger finger.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
at the end of the day he chose that job and will be able to get help. It just seems easiest

Honestly, rationalization usually is easiest. It doesn't equate with something being justifiable.

I have compassion for you, for whatever has brought you to the point of suicide and feeling so out of options that you would consider doing great harm to another. I hope you'll keep considering options. If you imagined this option didn't exist at all, I think your creativity would have the space to come up with something else. Necessity is the mother of invention.

Reactions: yetme and depressedsally
R

ryndyn

Nov 5, 2020
Are you BIPoC?
No I'm a white male and I know that lowers my chances of getting fatally shot but in my town a few weeks ago they shot a white guy around the same age as me who had a knife (he had stabbed someone prior though so that might have played into it)

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I think if anyone wants to suicide, it's their responsibility, and it's not okay to bring someone else into the choice and not give them a choice about it, too.

Cops are humans too. I grew up in a family of cops and while I no longer have much respect for law enforcement, the ones I knew never wanted to kill anyone, and I never knew one who did, though I did know a cop who was killed. In twenty years my father never fired his gun except for at the shooting range, it was always a last resort measure. Of course I'm 49, and the culture is very different now, but you'd still be taking a chance that the officer could be traumatized for life by being tricked into murdering someone. Same with a train conductor, a truck driver or someone driving a car. The cop would have to face your family, face an inquest, possibly go through therapy. They would learn about you afterward, who you were as a person, you would become real. They would never forget you. That's a lot to put on another person for the sake of convenience, even if they were a total trigger-happy asshole, and you have no way of knowing if they are or not. They could be totally decent, have a husband or wife, have kids, end up on the news and villified, their kids villified by their peers, experience so much social pressure they have to move, and one day maybe end up suicidal over it.

Reactions: k75
megafire

megafire

burn it down
Oct 12, 2020
No I'm a white male and I know that lowers my chances of getting fatally shot but in my town a few weeks ago they shot a white guy around the same age as me who had a knife (he had stabbed someone prior though so that might have played into it)
unless u are willing to commit murder yourself, the chances of you going out this way are slim to none. you'll likely get tazed and sent off to jail. regardless of how grey your moral compass is, there are too many variables that play into your choice of CTB.

Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
My little brother went like that. I have some newspaper URLs if you want. It wasn't nice....but you can pm me if you want

• Hugs
Reactions: megafire and Viro_Major