spectraltease

spectraltease

When everything is lost everything is found
Sep 23, 2022
I find most suicide methods disgusting somehow. I can't find a suicide method that is good for me. I have watched far too many suicide aftermath scenes and I find it disgusting how the bodies look and the act at it self. Sn and firearms easy but jumping or hanging hmmm. In my country, neither of the 2 things are available to me.
I think hanging has beauty but how the head then hangs in the sling to the side….

(Nothing against the ppl who like these methods.)

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
There aren't any other good options for most of us. Unless you are old and sick in some places.
I don't think anyone wants to leave a bloody corpse, there just isn't any other way.

• Love
Reactions: day
N

neveragreedtothis

Apr 23, 2023
All corpses get disgusting eventually...

No wonder we stuff them in boxes or burn them up.

Even peaceful deaths looks offputting, their mouths stay open and they're weirdly still.

Reactions: rosenwasser, Goodgirlryeo101, 90starve and 1 other person
day

day

Global Mod
Jun 24, 2023
This is one of my reasons for refraining from CTB, I really wouldn't like to make it a mess or horrifying sight for those who found me.

I enjoy the beauty in knots as you stated however still find it disturbing for peers to witness.

• Hugs
Reactions: 90starve and not-2-b-the-answer
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Well, it is a corpse after all, death is the most normal thing and we all have to die somewhere, someday, there's no escaping death, we are destined for nothing but to become a decaying corpse. And I don't see how what a body looks like can be a concern to those who no longer exist here, once we cease existing everything is finally forgotten about for us and the non-existent are free from this dreadful reality, so I envy them, the fact that someone is a corpse means they cannot suffer anymore.

And the fact that suffering people often die painful deaths is the fault of this anti-suicide society, the true disgusting thing is that there is a lack of compassion towards people's suffering which is shown by the fact that people are denied legalised assisted suicide, this hellish world disgusts me and death is freedom from it, I very much admire people who manage to succeed in ctb no matter the method, failing a ctb attempt is what sounds horrible to me instead.

• Love
Reactions: jbear824, CHA0S, Kerrtu and 5 others
Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
I also don't quite get this. Does it really matter to you if you are gonna be gone anyways?

I understand why it is horrible for others but why yourself?

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Goodgirlryeo101 and Davey36000
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I'm pretty sure we're designed to find corpses disgusting. They have the potential to spread disease- so- it's likely an evolutionary trait that we feel repulsed by them.

Suicides in particular though are often violent or unnatural- involving poisons. Plus- the bodies aren't always found straight away. I imagine corpses by natural deaths don't look 'nice' after they've begun to decompose.

Out of interest- have you ever seen a dead body? I saw my Grandma dead in the hospital. The muscles relax- obviously. So- her jaw was gaping open. Sorry to be crude- but she looked like that 'Scream' film mask. It was horrible! Honestly- even relatively natural deaths don't always result in peaceful looking corpses.

Reactions: locked*n*loaded, not-2-b-the-answer and Darkover
M

mlcs

Student
Jun 11, 2023
All bodies eventually become disgusting. There's no beauty in death and being dead. And you shouldn't be worried about it since it's no longer your body but a pile of flesh. Once your brain stops you are gone, all the problems are gone, you don't exist anymore, nothing exists anymore.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Solar1703
L

Lucilius

Student
Feb 15, 2021
Planning to disappear at sea, so not something that bothers me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Letmedienow, tpboy, spectraltease and 2 others
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
I hate to burst your bubble, but there are no "pretty" dead bodies. No matter how you die - a dead body is not what you want to look at.

L

leavingsoon99

I'm at peace... Finally.
Mar 16, 2023
So, what kind of dead bodies do you find appealing? Those that died from human approved ways of dying?

ARW3N

ARW3N

Melancholia
Dec 25, 2019
I think I've said this before but the suicidal are neither violent or exhibitionist. We have just been left with only violent methods to dispose of ourselves. It does take a lot of courage to complete the act with those methods when one of the most painless methods, sodium pentobarbital, which is used in euthanasia clinics has been prohibited to the public. I read an interesting news story some years ago about an epidemic of suicides in Turkey by whole families because cyanide was freely available to the public in that country. It soon came to the attention of the Turkish government which banned the sale of cyanide to the public which stopped the spate of suicides in its tracks.

• Love
Reactions: 12_Years_Late and not-2-b-the-answer
spectraltease

spectraltease

When everything is lost everything is found
Sep 23, 2022
I hate to burst your bubble, but there are no "pretty" dead bodies. No matter how you die - a dead body is not what you want to look at.
Yes, that's why. Maybe I just hate the act itself, I have no idea
There aren't any other good options for most of us. Unless you are old and sick in some places.
I don't think anyone wants to leave a bloody corpse, there just isn't any other way.
I like the bloody ones more. The ones without blood give me such a strange feeling. They are so gray and cold.
So, what kind of dead bodies do you find appealing? Those that died from human approved ways of dying?
Firearm corpses are more comfortable for me to look at. I think bloody suicides look aesthetic somehow but maybe Im just weird. Although that is much more bizarre than the rope one.
Maybe Im scared of death, thats why I hate suicide corpses.
I also don't quite get this. Does it really matter to you if you are gonna be gone anyways?

I understand why it is horrible for others but why yourself?
For me personally, it is somehow important how I am found. I can't explain it to myself idk
Planning to disappear at sea, so not something that bothers me.
But drowning is horrible, isn't it?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
chuerdhmproton

chuerdhmproton

Mr. Water Pig
Sep 9, 2023
the thing is, dead bodies are always gonna be gruesome to look at. you gotta switch your logics, you won't be there to see the body's aftermath no matter what method you choose, so why bother yourself with worrying about it?

Teleftaía Anapnoí

Teleftaía Anapnoí

δεν υπάρχει μέλλον
Jul 6, 2023
"Death disgusts me as much as life, so I don't kill myself." - Emil Cioran, On the Heights of Despair.

Reactions: Letmedienow and consider
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Firearm corpses are more comfortable for me to look at. I think bloody suicides look aesthetic somehow but maybe Im just weird.
This individual placed a 12-gauge shotgun against his right temple and pulled the trigger.

Not trying to be flip, but is this aesthetically pleasing to look at over any other type of body?

I

IdeationPenguin

Sep 9, 2023
All corpses get disgusting eventually...

No wonder we stuff them in boxes or burn them up.

Even peaceful deaths looks offputting, their mouths stay open and they're weirdly still.
Huh. This is really helpful actually. I've been struggling with the idea of leaving and ugly corpse behind. The idea that all corpses end up the same way (assuming no cremation obvs) is actually pretty comforting.