T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
The only reason I might be disturbed by this is because I would damage the reputation of my relatives
Same.

it comes to me personally, I wouldn't mind. Why would it bother me? I'll be dead
It's worse if you fail. Your relatives will see you as the suicidal guy of the family. Also friends.
It does reach the news in the UK if your famous, if they are young and kill themselves especially if they can prove they were helped by a social media site, hello SS, lol, the story could run for a while, if young people disappear and it's out of character and a Police search doesn't find them, there are continual updates until found. Other than that you will just appear in the online newspapers, try searching your local newspaper for suicide, it may surprise you, how many there are.

But just when you thought you were safe, with no fame, you will be forever immortalised in a YouTube video, FAME at last, :smiling: :smiling: :smiling:

SORRY, examples below,

Cheers Geo

Mr Caring Guy! I follow him

Last edited:
M

Mr. ‘K so?

Student
Mar 4, 2020
Are solitary suicides reported on the news in your area? I don't want mine's to be reported. I just want to go with only a few people knowing.

In my area, even if you moved out of the area 10 years ago, they will still report it unfortunately. You would think they would have something better to report.

Does knowing your suicide could be broadcasted bother you in any type of way?
Where do you live at that they do that?
I'm in Florida so you gotta do something either really exreme or something that's gonna get people's attention to make the news here.

highlyvolatile

highlyvolatile

I don't know anymore.
Feb 14, 2020
I was wondering this cause i recently moved to a different city in TN. Had lived in my old one 4-5 years but grew up in MS. So i was thinking when i ctb if it would be reported anywhere. Or just the last place i lived.

Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
again, people only find this sad because it's young people. What about making a video about all the people dying everyday in nursing homes? No one would watch that but it's no less tragic to me.

btw I didn't expect there were any ten year olds hanging themselves that's heavy stuff. Imagine your ten year old son hanging himself I would be gone the next day couldn't live with it.
#Preach
I was wondering this cause i recently moved to a different city in TN. Had lived in my old one 4-5 years but grew up in MS. So i was thinking when i ctb if it would be reported anywhere. Or just the last place i lived.
Honestly... with Trump in office... I think it will be reported everywhere only if it's a slow news day (no offense.)

Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
those videos made me incredibiliy sad. FUCK MENTAL ILLNESS!

Yes it's a really sad that young children feel they have no alternative but to ctb, now anyone looking at this thread ctb is the last resort you, must exhaust all other options and avenues first, ctb isn't going away it will still be there if everything fails.

highlyvolatile

highlyvolatile

I don't know anymore.
Feb 14, 2020
#Preach

Honestly... with Trump in office... I think it will be reported everywhere only if it's a slow news day (no offense.)
none taken, thanks for answering my question. and trump sucks. just making life worse for everyone and getting away with it. :/

• Love
Reactions: Jean4
George81

George81

Jan 8, 2020
This is something I worry about too. I know a lot of suicides are made public and the inquests are often reported in papers under the guise of being in public interest etc. I think I would stipulate in my suicide note that I do not wish details of my death to be made public but I'm not sure if this would be enough. I can understand if you CTB in a public place i.e jumping from a bridge or being hanged in a park etc this would lead to reports in the news but even home deaths can be reported. I've said several times about being wary of using SN at home as it's an unusual chemical and other UK reports have said people in hazmats have been seen going into people's properties after their deaths. I know a lot of people will talk after I go as I work in a large business and gossip is always going on but it would be so much better if things didn't end up in the local papers. A lot of people would also be glad to see the back of me and I don't wish to impose on their lives anymore. Just disappear quietly. And be forgotten.

Reactions: highlyvolatile and Esc9434
Deleted member 13412

Deleted member 13412

Dec 27, 2019
this is worryin me way too much. i will beg my parents n whoever reads my suicide letter to respect my privacy.. evn tho i m not rly sure tht will be enough.. i rly worry ppl will search my name n see how ugly n miserable i was ); evn if i wont be here to feel bad abt it ,like it hurts me toomuch to think abt this ); icnt evnbreath n start crying whn i think abt it

FatalSystemError591

FatalSystemError591

{He/They}
Oct 12, 2020
This is one of the positives to not having family who talk frequently. It would probably take a while to get around. What I'll probably do before I go is delete the numbers off my husband's phone so that there is no possible method of contact. My stepmother will spread it like wildfire once she knows. She's the kind of person who has to voice all of her gossip for sympathy and pity, even if the gossip has fuck all to do with her.