J

jokster18

Sep 18, 2023
Assuming someone is suffering Do most people live suffering their life suffering and suicidal or do most people go through with the suicide?

Reactions: zeecen, tbroken, sserafim and 2 others
I

iloverachel

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2024
I'm not too sure
I think most people who suffer to some extent don't suicide
800,000 people take their lives each year
In a world of 8 billion people I'm sure there's a large amount who suffer but don't take their own lives

Reactions: sserafim
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
most people tolerate their suffering and don't commit suicide, in fact, suicide is rare mainly because i believe it's very hard to kill yourself with currently aviaiable methods but if there was just a switch human beings could press a button to die then suicide would be very common

Reactions: SquidsCuts, sserafim, grauzone and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Suicide simply isn't as straightforward as just choosing to go through with it, in fact trying to die can easily lead to way worse suffering. I really wish there's the option to just choose to instantly free ourselves from this existence in peace, I despise how we exist in this society where suicide is so cruelly made inaccessible, I'd never choose to suffer, in fact in my case I never would have chosen this existence at all.

Reactions: SquidsCuts, iloverachel and sserafim
frustratedcivilian

frustratedcivilian

It Is About Nonsense
Apr 1, 2024
Some people might be suffering but still have something which they care for, so they don't be suicidal. When there's literally nothing left, i think most will go for suicide. I don't think someone will attempt suicide without thinking for at least some time.

Reactions: iloverachel, sserafim and tbroken
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I think most people only ctb when the suffering gets too much. They reach their threshold and it gets too hot to handle

Reactions: iloverachel, dggtscccvfd and tbroken
tbroken

tbroken

Wizard
Feb 22, 2024
Trauma and depression are strong companions(they teach you a side of the truth, the dark side of the truth, but still a relatable side) and fake friends and doctors are enemy of your soul and account balance. Many times you are already dead inside, but you still want to discover if there is something good in life and you just keep going, eventually you'll just ctb.
In my case my will to die is far stronger than the will to live, but somehow i hope to find something or someone that will change my mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim, frustratedcivilian, OblivionTurtle and 1 other person
cosmic_traveler

cosmic_traveler

Eternal Spirit Experiencing a Human Moment
Dec 23, 2023
most people tolerate their suffering and don't commit suicide, in fact, suicide is rare mainly because i believe it's very hard to kill yourself with currently aviaiable methods but if there was just a switch human beings could press a button to die then suicide would be very common
Definitely second this opinion, we've survived multiple attempts. Wish there was a shutdown command or button to turn all the lights off.

Reactions: sserafim and Darkover
OblivionTurtle

OblivionTurtle

Sep 30, 2020
Trauma and depression are strong companions(they teach you a side of the truth, the dark side of the truth, but still a relatable side) and fake friends and doctors are enemy of your soul and account balance. Many times you are already dead inside, but you still want to discover if there is something good in life and you just keep going, eventually you'll just ctb.
In my case my will to die is far stronger than the will to live, but somehow i hope to find something or someone that will change my mind.
I think that is what stops many people from ctb. Whether instinctual or learned, the hope that things can change can be a powerful deterrent. Sadly for many of us here we have lost that and all that seems to remain is the knowledge of continued suffering.

Reactions: divinemistress36 and sserafim
Z

zeecen

Mar 30, 2024
I feel like most people suffer for quite a long time before they end up taking their own lives. There's a lot that goes into the planning, and even if there is very little contemplation on the method itself it still takes a lot of pain and a lot of hopelessness to make that kind of decision in the first place.

Reactions: divinemistress36 and sserafim