• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
has anyone read this book/know of this book or have a copy of it or a PDF ?

I know that it is from 1999 but do you find the information in it useful and still somewhat accurate ?

those who have read the book, what would your critiques and edits be ?

AllCatsAreGrey

AllCatsAreGrey

they/he
Sep 27, 2023
I find it to be a valuable resource. Geo gathers a lot of interesting statistics. Even though it's dated, I feel it's still a valuable resource. This is mainly due to the rarity of works like it.

I honestly haven't read it with critique in mind, so have nothing to offer on that atm.

What are your thoughts on it OP?

P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
I find it to be a valuable resource. Geo gathers a lot of interesting statistics. Even though it's dated, I feel it's still a valuable resource. This is mainly due to the rarity of works like it.

I honestly haven't read it with critique in mind, so have nothing to offer on that atm.

What are your thoughts on it OP?
I have yet to read it but I will try to see and explore what information is on the archived website for the book by the author or look for the book on The Internet Archive

especially if there's more descriptive information and diagrams on my method of choice since I find diagrams and pictures to be more helpful than descriptions along with being indecisive about my method(s)

edit: also I am curious to how the information in the book differs from the information on the site/community (similar to SS but from the late 80s/ early-late 90s/00s) which led me to the book

Last edited:
Reactions: AllCatsAreGrey
raindrops

raindrops

Someday, eventually
Mar 29, 2020
It won't load, and I need this right now. I woke up ready. I was truly ready to proceed through with it, but it's raining and windy!!!!!!! I can't do this I wish it was a clear day when I woke I'm so annoyed I'm pissed off I was so ready today

IWishToDie

IWishToDie

I check notifications once per week
Dec 31, 2023

I know that it is from 1999 but do you find the information in it useful and still somewhat accurate ?

Won't link a copy but go to yandex.com then search Suicide and Attempted Suicide by Stone, Geo pdf

There's plenty of results.

Reactions: psp3000
Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
It was a good place to start, personally. It's one of those things that led me into some interesting searches and discoveries.

F

ftm68_99

May 4, 2023
I have yet to read it but I will try to see and explore what information is on the archived website for the book by the author or look for the book on The Internet Archive

especially if there's more descriptive information and diagrams on my method of choice since I find diagrams and pictures to be more helpful than descriptions along with being indecisive about my method(s)

edit: also I am curious to how the information in the book differs from the information on the site/community (similar to SS but from the late 80s/ early-late 90s/00s) which led me to the book
Thanks for mentioning this book. I'm not familiar with it, but like you, I much prefer to see diagrams rather than just descriptions of methods. :)

P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
Won't link a copy but go to yandex.com then search Suicide and Attempted Suicide by Stone, Geo pdf

There's plenty of results.
I finally got around the reading it I think about a week or two ago via The Internet Archive (have to have an account to borrow it for one hour)

I haven't finished it yet though but hopefully I'll have time to read more of it soon

figurehead

figurehead

Student
Sep 27, 2023

I'm sure I had a copy in PDF, but I don't seem to find it. Those times (when I read the book) are a bit of a haze to me now, sorry. You can find a great part of it on the author's site: http://suicidemethods.info/ In any case it's worthwhile checking site, there's for instance reader's suicide attempt stories and photos (some real gore) that were cut out from the printed edition (it's currently out of print), but I'm sure I found the whole text somewhere on line. I tried to contact the author but got no reply. The first part of the book is somewhat historical, social or sth like that. In the second part, tho, he writes about different methods in detail. I found it to be very informative.
If you happen to read Japanese there's a book called The Complete Manual of Suicide by Wataru Tsurumi. As far as I could find out there are no translations into English, apart from a really bad one of the introduction. Apparently it's very thorough and detailed.

☆AwaitingEntropy☆

☆AwaitingEntropy☆

Snuffing the Light Out
Nov 6, 2021
I own a physical copy, and though I haven't read it in a few years, I recall the information being very descriptive and non judgemental. The author addresses a lot more than just method talk, and it's rather interesting, even if it's outdated.

• Informative
R

Rev346

I’m here but will I still be next year?
Oct 23, 2023
Link worked for me a few weeks ago. Wow, what a great read! It's an amazing objective view on suicide with great facts and references to back its claims. To summarize its main point: Most attempted suicides are rushed without proper planning and utilize low lethality methods. If you are serious you need to put in the effort and properly plan.

• Informative
SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze

Suicideation?
Jul 11, 2023
Does anyone have a freely shared PDF copy and/or an opinion of:
How to Get the Death You Want: A Practical and Moral Guide - John Abraham

Eudaimonic

Eudaimonic

I want to fade away.
Aug 11, 2023
Does anyone have a freely shared PDF copy and/or an opinion of:
How to Get the Death You Want: A Practical and Moral Guide - John Abraham
Just go on Libgen. Judging from the thread you're asking this in, I suspect you are interested in the methods. However, the only methods listed are VSED and helium--the former of which is difficult to pull off, and the latter of which is largely restricted nowadays. The rest concerns end-of-life planning and the like.