R

regular john

Dec 17, 2020
I told my doctor I have suicidal thoughts. They are taking me to psychiatric hospital tomorrow. Do you guys know what they do to suicidal patient in psychiatric hospital ? Do they give him strong medicines or something worse ?

• Hugs
Reactions: Miss_Takes, EmptyManForever and Ghost2211
M

Miss_Takes

Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Dec 4, 2020
It will depend on multiple factors including your presentation at the time of admitting.
Do you think you can speak with your Dr again and ask his opinion because he will be the one who has made the referral based on what you have expressed, your history and his own observations.
I understand this must be a difficult time for you and I wish you well.

shadowchaser

shadowchaser

Aug 1, 2019
Hey, proud of you for reaching out!
As miss_takes said, your experience depends on a variety of factors; they may offer you medication or may not.
I hope everything goes okay! Sending hugs

S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
I told my doctor I have suicidal thoughts. They are taking me to psychiatric hospital tomorrow. Do you guys know what they do to suicidal patient in psychiatric hospital ? Do they give him strong medicines or something worse ?
Did you tell your doctors about intent? Many many people have thoughts of CTB.

Voluntary?

R

regular john

Dec 17, 2020
Did you tell your doctors about intent? Many many people have thoughts of CTB.

Voluntary?
I told my mum today again. She doesn't want to accept the fact that I want to suicide. After I told my mother she called my psychiatrist.

S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
I told my mum today again. She doesn't want to accept the fact that I want to suicide. After I told my mother she called my psychiatrist.
I see.

Even so, if you state no inten to the professionals yourself, then maybe you could probably still be able to prevent going to the facility? If wanted?

Why did you tell your Mom?

Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
Speaking from experience it depends on how at risk you seem to the professional, when I was admitted after my attempt it was crisis intervention at first they had a nurse with me for half day than afterwards a decision was taken I might run away so I was transferred to a locked unit, they kept me there until the medicine in my body had a chance to build up. Then I was released to community day hospital.

Since you are going voluntarily I would be hesitant to say what will happen but they will give you medicine and wait for its effects and you will have daily assessment then half weekly.

I was in hospital for 6 weeks.

Reactions: regular john
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
Are you in the UK? Because it would be pretty strange to be hospitalised for suicidal thoughts here. I talk to my cpn about suicidal thoughts(and more)all the time. Only time I was hospitalised was after an attempt.

R

regular john

Dec 17, 2020
I see.

Even so, if you state no inten to the professionals yourself, then maybe you could probably still be able to prevent going to the facility? If wanted?

Why did you tell your Mom?
I have troubles to lie to her. She asked me if I still have bad thoughts. I said ' yes' . I have nothing to live for. I have no family, no kids, no job. I have screwed past and zero chances for pension cause I always had problems with jobs.
Are you in the UK? Because it would be pretty strange to be hospitalised for suicidal thoughts here. I talk to my cpn about suicidal thoughts(and more)all the time. Only time I was hospitalised was after an attempt.
I am not in uk at the moment. I lived in uk between 2014-2017 and plan to go back there after virus is cancelled.
Speaking from experience it depends on how at risk you seem to the professional, when I was admitted after my attempt it was crisis intervention at first they had a nurse with me for half day than afterwards a decision was taken I might run away so I was transferred to a locked unit, they kept me there until the medicine in my body had a chance to build up. Then I was released to community day hospital.

Since you are going voluntarily I would be hesitant to say what will happen but they will give you medicine and wait for its effects and you will have daily assessment then half weekly.

I was in hospital for 6 weeks.
long time I must admit

Last edited:
Reactions: Mentalmick