52shriek

52shriek

Student
Nov 6, 2018

"I'm not made of successful things / I've got what it takes to rest / But I'm still around".
This always gets me.

Last edited:
Z

zzz919

I'm Nobody
Sep 19, 2018
Here is a nice ...... "Fuck Everything" ...... Kind of song.
---------)$(---------)$(---------

Here is Metallica's version of the same song ...... Live ...... I saw my first two rock concerts in this very arena ...... Tarrant County Convention Center in Fort Worth, Texas ...... They do not actually start performing the song until the 3:00 minute mark.

52shriek

52shriek

Student
Nov 6, 2018
Oh and I forgot that one, directly about a friend's suicide.

Reactions: Broken Blue
The Blackangel

The Blackangel

Nyiach des uti nesi deh ahy.
Nov 3, 2018
This is a video I made that's on my YouTube channel.

Reactions: Xerxes
R

RogueJuliet

Oct 23, 2018
Came here to post Elliot Smith. I see that has already been done.

The soundtrack to my breakdowns usually include Elliot Smith, Neutral Milk Hotel, Bright Eyes (plus solo Connor Oberst stuff), a handful of Okkervil River Band, songs, Sopor Aeternus and the Ensemble of Shadows, others I'm sure I've forgotten. I fixate on music when I'm starting to lose it.

Okkervil River Band - John Allyn Smith Sails
(Song about actual the suicide of the titular poet)

Neutral Milk Hotel - Two-Headed Boy, Part Two
https://g.co/kgs/8EvgSD

Bright Eyes - Easy Lucky Free

Last edited:
Reactions: SomeGuyDK
ChickenAndPotatoes

ChickenAndPotatoes

Veteran Veteran
Nov 8, 2018
I love the alternative rock band "Staind." Aaron Lewis is the frontman. He sings about some heavy stuff.

Reactions: Philip
Rose

Rose

ad finitum
Nov 11, 2018
I've got lots
Bedroom (Noah Kittinger) - In my head
girl in red - i need to be alone
Daughter - Smother
Roar - I Can't Handle Change
Roar - The Comfort of a Laugh Track (figured it was worth posting two Roar songs, they vary in style)
Low Roar - Give Up

^ has lots of lyrics usually, good sound
I would 100% recommend all these bands/creators, as well as Surf Curse, No Vacation, flatsound, Crywank, and teen suicide. If you like some of these styles of music I can try to recommend you more songs from the same/similar artists! Do note: Roar, Low Roar, and Low are all unrelated bands. It's weird, I know.

Low is a slower band (so was Low Roar, but a bit less so), though I haven't had time to listen to a full album in one sitting. The songs stand up on their own, usually
Low - Lullaby

These next bands I highly suggest you listen to the full album in one go. Depending on the song, you can waive that rule, but the albums were put together specifically to be an experience. Keep in mind, these bands tend to fluctuate in style over the years. Albums can be similar, but I've noticed quite a few style differences.
If you want a sample and not to sit down for an hour or so, I'll recommend one song per album!
Honestly most of them are to my liking, though. If I linked every album I liked, there would be too many. Ask me if you want to hear more of any of these artists, artists above, or just my personal suggestions!
Mogwai - Take Me Somewhere Nice (7 minute song)
Mogwai - Come On Die Young (Full Album, one song I'd recommend would be "Cody")
Mogwai - Happy Songs for Happy People (Full Album)

A Silver Mt. Zion - He Has Left Us Alone (Full Album, I'm particularly fond of "13 Angels Standing Guard" from this one.)
A Silver Mt. Zion - Born Into Trouble as the Sparks Fly Upward (Full Album, one song I recommend from this would be "Could've Moved Mountains")

Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven (Full Album, it links together so well I'm not sure what to recommend, but "World Police and Friendly Fire" or "Monheim" might do)
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - F# A# ∞ (Full Album, the songs range from like 16 to 30 minutes long, and there are only three so... I guess just the first part?)

That's all for now! Sorry for the massive post, and I hope y'all find something to your liking ^.^

Reactions: LivedTooLong and anthomaniac
T

TheLastStraw

May 10, 2018
Not a fan of rap but I really like $uicideboys it's sort of angry/suicidal, pro drug abuse music, it doesn't make me depressed but it's one of the few artists that get me in a "hyped up" mood

anthomaniac

anthomaniac

Oct 10, 2018
i think Flatsound is the best for nostalgic/melancholy music now a days

this one is more like spoken poetry with music on the background, but it always gets me

I know that i'm not moving fast enough
I know that so much time has already passed us up
And I know that it must be frustrating to stand in front
Of someone who keeps promising you that they'll get better
Without the evidence to back it up
But you have to trust me
The past is ugly

Reactions: Rose
Kim

Kim

Daydreamer
Sep 18, 2018

LGM - Es geht mir gut.
It's a german artist and I love this song.

TheNorthernSilence

TheNorthernSilence

Arcanist
Nov 13, 2018

Reactions: Fucking loving it, sólstafir, LivedTooLong and 1 other person
dunkelheit

dunkelheit

Null | Void
Oct 26, 2018

Thought I'd try and revive this thread.

Reactions: Help_Me
W

wxtyubidi7y

Student
Jun 30, 2018

Vic Chesnutt - Flirted with you all my life

Paralysed wheelchair using singer songwriter sings song that seems at first like a love song but is really about flirting with death and making multiple suicide attempts. The song was followed soon after by a successful ctb via muscle relaxant overdose due in part to being in USA and owing enormous medical debt.

Reactions: sif and LivedTooLong
M

MsM3talGamer

Voluntary deletion
Nov 28, 2018

• Love
Reactions: Pessimist, sif, dunkelheit and 1 other person
N

NotWorthLiving

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2018
Anyone heard Bullet by Hollywood Undead

It's kinda upbeat but I don't mind it

Reactions: sif, Kill Me Now and Skathon
divinized

divinized

Nov 26, 2018

I always cry when I listen to these for some reason.

Reactions: sif