• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

LonelyKitten

LonelyKitten

Seeking one final escape
Aug 13, 2023
Hello.

So, I got to spend an enormous amount of time at Beachy Head this month.
I was at the best, straight drop spot I could find, for over 24 hours in total, on multiple days.

But I just couldn't jump.
Survival instinct got the better of me.

It got me wrestling with, should I try to rebuild but I'm so afraid of destitution, suffering, imprisonment, etc.
I regret not jumping, at least in the immediate aftermath.

Now that I'm away from it and practically can't return I'm in panic.
I think, even if I end up trying recovery, having a ctb method readily accessible is absolutely crucial to keep me feeling calm and safe, I need to know I won't be stuck to suffer in any case.

I KNEW, I knew that rationally speaking I'm in such a horrible ditch that it would be a good idea to go out now, but no amount of logic could stop SI!
And it was the right way, almost certain death, no chance for botched survival, everything is set up neatly, and I even felt that if I did survive somehow, it'd actually be a good thing (?)
I know that logic is worthless in front of SI, but, people manage to do it, don't they?

So what are ways to actually overcome survival instinct?
Search function is down rn unfortunately.
I've been suicidal for SO long now, I can't believe I couldn't do it with such a perfect chance... ?

Is it really just medication?
I am considering shaking my psychiatrist for some benzos if I get the chance, heard those mentioned can help?

• Hugs
Reactions: F&Inside and Georgehelm
Some place nice

Some place nice

This world makes me sick
Oct 18, 2023
How I overcame survival instinct is I just hyped myself up. Ya'know like I told myself "they'd only care when its the funeral." Or "everyone always leaves so why not leave them." Shit like that Ya'know? Its just a mind game you have to play.

Reactions: Georgehelm
Foreverix

Foreverix

Aeternum Vale
Sep 18, 2023
Is it really just medication?
I am considering shaking my psychiatrist for some benzos if I get the chance, heard those mentioned can help?
I would tend to think anything that depresses your nervous system would help.

Reactions: LonelyKitten
LonelyKitten

LonelyKitten

Seeking one final escape
Aug 13, 2023
How I overcame survival instinct is I just hyped myself up. Ya'know like I told myself "they'd only care when its the funeral." Or "everyone always leaves so why not leave them." Shit like that Ya'know? Its just a mind game you have to play.
For clarity's sake, from this context I'm guessing you managed to make an attempt but it failed?
I tried plenty of my usual hyping up, but it didn't work for me, egh

Some place nice

Some place nice

This world makes me sick
Oct 18, 2023
For clarity's sake, from this context I'm guessing you managed to make an attempt but it failed?
I tried plenty of my usual hyping up, but it didn't work for me, egh
Damn. Sorry bud. All I can say is act like you are just doing something normal by jumping off. Those are my 2 tricks.

L

Lydia12

Sep 10, 2023
Maybe something to trick your brain. Someone said take xanax and sleep on the rails until the train catches you xD

S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
If you can get andel dust, it will shut your fears up, but that's really inaccessible so try thinking about all the bad things in your life.
Jumping is also a method that requires a lot of courage in general and it's pretty normal to not be able to do it. So perhaps try a less scary method if possible.