• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

26mmmm

Experienced
Feb 12, 2024
How long can people hold their breath before passing out?
People say you could suffocate for over 5 minutes when hanging, but personally I cant hold my breath for more than a minute and find it hard to believe ill be able to last for that long.
Maybe They're referring to people who can hold their breath for much longer?

Last edited:
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
You don't suffocate for over 5 minutes in hanging, you will fall unconscious under a few seconds give or take.

Reactions: anagram

26mmmm

Experienced
Feb 12, 2024
You don't suffocate for over 5 minutes in hanging, you will fall unconscious under a few seconds give or take.
But thats only if you manage to compress the carotid arteries no?
From what I've gathered so far, if you don't manage to do so you will die of suffocation ( depending on the method ) and thet could take much longer.

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
But thats only if you manage to compress the carotid arteries no?
From what I've gathered so far, if you don't manage to do so you will die of suffocation ( depending on the method ) and thet could take much longer.
With hanging, whatever the mechanism, the pass out time is seconds and in some cases a minute or two tops.

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
You don't want to die by suffocating in hanging. That's extremely hard and very painful and uncomfortable.

Look up the megathreads. What we need to do is block the blood flow into the brain.

That way it's lights out in seconds, and even enjoyable, as obscene as that sounds. Many people report getting high and euphoric.

Reactions: divinemistress36
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Ig you talk about full hanging? That works always when u hang long enough.

You won't be able to hold breath until you pass out, SI will kick in. However with special training you can learn how to hold your breath for about 4-5 minutes afaik. But then you don't pass out in that exercise.

26mmmm

Experienced
Feb 12, 2024
Ig you talk about full hanging? That works always when u hang long enough.

You won't be able to hold breath until you pass out, SI will kick in. However with special training you can learn how to hold your breath for about 4-5 minutes afaik. But then you don't pass out in that exercise.
Isn't your breath restricted when hanging?

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Isn't your breath restricted when hanging?
Yes and no. The goal is to compress the arteries and block blood flow into the brain this will lead to unconsciousness - in the best case not more than 15-30 seconds.

anagram

anagram

I’m full of BS
Feb 4, 2024
Apparently it's not as bad as people say it is? If it actually only takes around a minute or two to pass out
If I was hanging though and I happened to suffocate, the pressure will be applied to the carotids and jugular no? That would make it more instant and I'd take the suffocation for a few seconds imo

But I am not suffocating for two minutes I don't want to go out like that. That just sounds like a bad hanging method