• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Painfu.Ll.suffering

Painfu.Ll.suffering

My D
Sep 17, 2023
How many successful cases with gas are there in this forum? I think gas money was successful but who else? I only remember a few cases where it didn't work and there was no explanation for it...

Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
Like every method it's hard to know how many successful cases. Some people who talk about a certain method just disappear. On the inert gas setups gallery there's about 25 different setups posted. None of those people post anymore; how many ctb'd or just recovered and moved on? No way of knowing.

Definitely @Vizzy ctb'd because after their goodbye thread, people said it was almost certainly them that appeared in a national newspaper.

Someone posted a scheduled message a few weeks back on the SCBA megathread:
Hi All,

This is a schedule message so if you are seeing this, then I have caught my bus via a SCBA setup gasmonkey helped me put together a few months ago (not in person help, just through DM). I was very on the fence in regards to writing this because I have no interest in encouraging anyone else to do anything. That being said, after over two months of setup and practice I have decided to write this post as I think its possible that people will screw this setup up and maybe even hurt themselves without the information I am posting and I want to prevent that. There is a lot to go over here, I tried to make it as clear as possible, it may require reading multiple times.

I will not be checking in on this thread or following up unless something goes wrong in which case I will follow up on the thread if I'm able.

I am in the US and everything that I'm writing in regards to specific gear is America specific although the general principles apply regardless.

There is some information below regarding an alternate setup which I think is viable that uses a flexible line instead of direct tank to SCBA adapter. I ultimately did not use this because of a last second leak but I wanted to share what I had learned.

My big major recommendation and I SERIOUSLY RECOMMEND THIS: get a full working scba setup with an oxygen tank and practice using your setup with oxygen many times before you attempt with inert gas. I know for a fact I would have majorly screwed this up if I had not had practice runs with oxygen. It took many rounds of tweaking.

- figuring out how to get the mask tight enough was a challenge, the straps are very finicky. I actually damaged the buckles from pulling too hard in the wrong way at first and had to order new buckles.

- making sure your physical setup is secure. the chair won't fall over. You can reach everything. I modified a table off amazon so I could bolt the scba system to it so it wouldn't move around. You don't want your practice setup to be different from your final setup in any way besides which tank you use because this introduces potential failure.

- learning how to use the demand valve

- I had to dissasemble the scba to seperate the parts I wanted from the body harness which you will not need. This required a set of hex wrenches and a some playing around.

- I shaved off all of my hair and beard on the last day so I could get a better seal on the mask. This is probably a good idea.

- I would budget an absolute minimum of a week to get this all setup but probably more to get all of the adapters sorted and everything tested..

- I recommend at least 3-5 full dress rehearsal practice runs. There were things for me that I was still figuring out after 3-5 practice runs. I feel very confident now though.

YOU NEED TO CAREFULLY CHECK YOUR SETUP FOR LEAKS

I needed to tighten the cga580 side pretty tight with a wrench to get it to stop leaking but apparently you can also damage it from overtightening so do a little bit at a time. You can spray windex or put soapy water on the joints to test for leaks. If you see bubbles, that is gas escaping and you have a leak.

Protocol for leak testing:

1) Apply soapy water to joints
2) Hold lock button on SCBA demand valve, open tank valve quickly until you see your SCBA pressurized and then immediately close tank valve. The watch to see if your system holds pressure by the soap bubbling or if it is slowly losing pressure at the SCBA gauge. Within a minute or two, if you haven't lost any pressure you are good.

DO NOT USE THREADTAPE ON CGA CONNECTIONS. This can cause leaks and failure. Only use teflon tape on npt connections.

I also got an "anti gravity" reclining chair and some luggage straps to create a stable chair that I could strap into to avoid falling off the chair or knocking it over after passing out.

I didn't mess with any of the gas testers and pulse monitors or anything like that that gasmonkey used. Use your own judgement on what is important to you.

You do not need a nitrogen regulator on the tank side, just FYI.

I was able to pick up a "Q sized" (~80cu ft at 2000 PSIG) nitrogen tank from a local supplier with no issues. I originally got a 40cu ft tank which I think is more than sufficient. However I had to waste nitrogen a few times to test the system and ended up being worried about supply. So I went back and switched to the Q sized(80cuft) tank which is completely overkill but made me feel secure. It's heavy but could easily be lifted and carried up a stairset with two hands. I'd estimate about 40 lbs but that is very rough.

I said it was for cold brew coffee just to make conversation but they didn't seem to care. This was their food grade nitrogen which legally only needs to be 97% I believe to be food grade but they said they fill their food grade and medical grade out of the same fill station so they said in practice this is something like 99.99% pure alhtough they don't certify it at that grade. I feel much better being over 99 as any excess oxygen in the nitrogen could slow time till death down and also potentially give you a sensation of suffocating. And tbh, I think I would have raised eyebrows getting medical grade if my story was about cold brew coffee.

I recommend to get somekind of carrying caddy for the tank but I just bungie corded mine to the leg of a table and it felt very secure.

Note, even if you buy your own n2 tank, they will switch it out for another one when you but it and if you buy one from china off amazon, they won't take it at all so just get the tank from the gas supplier at time of purchase. Don't try to purchase your own.

This setup took me a lot of trial and error and running around to welding suppliers and waiting on customer support lines. However with the information I provide you hopefully you won't have to make as many mistakes as I did. One nice thing about CTB is you aren't too worried about racking up credit card debt :) However it was still a lot of time on phone calls and looking through welding supplier websites and such and so if you follow my setup you should be able to mostly avoid that.

The setup I am using is a 2,216 psi SCBA system. There was a "low pressure" and a "high pressure" version of this system. The 2216 PSI is the low pressure version. gasmonkey recommended I go with this direction because there was only an adapter for cga 346(lower pressure air) to cga 580 (nitrogen) but no adapter for cga 347 (higher pressure air) to nitrogen (cga 580). Whatever scba system you get, you need to know the cga type of the scba regulator side to get working adapters as no system is going to connect to a non air tank by default.

I would still recommend going with lower pressure where possible just a general principle because this is heavy duty industrial equiptment and higher pressure means more potential problems or risk of injury. Also given that I had issues with leaks with the pigtail, it's still probably best to stick with the cga-580 / cga-346 adapter setup which will only work with a low pressure system.

All in all I think I spent about $3k on this setup but you could do it for a fraction of that with used equipment.

Ultimately I ditched the setup I write about below under the header with npt pigtails because I could not get the pigtail to cga-580 connection to stop leaking and had to scramble at the last second to find a new setup. By switching to a "Q" (~80cuft) nitrogen tank, I was able to get the tank valve at table height and plug it directly into the scba via that cga-580 / cga-346 adapter. Basically what is in gasmonkey's pictures. I'm still leaving the below information in case someone also wants to go down the flexible line connection route.

Original setup I was trying with a flexible braided 1/4 npt line:
==============================

As I will detail below, I was using a sligthly more complicated setup then just plugging a nitrogen tank into the scba with a single adapter which you can do via cga-346 -> cga-580, because in this setup you make nitrogen and air fully interchangeable with an extension line. However it also has some usability advantages once you get it setup. Basically the advantage is that the physical placement tank and SCBA gear can be seperated and is more flexible. The basic way to do this is not to deal with cga to cga adapters at all but to convert everything to a more common interface: 1/4 npt female via a braided stainless steel line (these braided lines are called pigtails). This means that no matter what cga type you have on either end, you find a cga adapter from that thing to 1/4 npt male and then connect those to the braided line which has 1/4 npt female on both ends. One major advantage here is that this line is flexible so you don't have to hook the scba regulator directly to the tank, you can have them in different locations based on your setup. Google PF2-4-18 for an example of one of these pigtails. This also means that you could make a cga 347 system or probably almost any cga type work with this system.

One note, as far as I can tell, it is literally impossible to make this pigtail setup work without converting to npt. The required adapters do not exist, or at least I could not find them.

So in my setup I had cga 346 male outlet on my air tank, cga 580 female outlet on the nitrogen tank and cga 346 female on the scba reg. So I needed three adapters to make everything share the common interface of npt 1/4 male (which connects to npt 1/4 female pigtail):

https://www.idealspectroscopy.com/CGA-346-Gas-Regulator-Inlet/pp/P109513 : adapt the air tank cga 346 male to npt 1/4 male
https://www.aplusmarine.com/Nut-Nipple-for-CGA-580-Helium-Handtight-Connector_p_1077.html : adapt the nitrogen tank cga 580 female to npt 1/4 male
https://arc-zone.com/adapter-1-4-cg...fabac3c77acd26f491510dd5f94a06570d6c819846581 : adapt the scba reg cga 346 female to 1/4 npt male
https://weldingsupply.com/cgi-bin/einstein.pl?PNUM::1:UNDEF:OR:PF2-4-18 pigtail

now you can use the pigtail (braided high pressure line) which is 1/4 npt female on both ends to connect the scba to either the nitrogen or the air.

I looked for a cga 580 to cga 580 pigtail or cga 580 to cga 346 pigtail but as far as I could tell, no version of this exists which would be usable for this setup. And once you realize you can convert everything to 1/4 npt there is no reason to do that anyway.

So to summarize the biggest points:

1) Setup a system you can test. Budget time and money to get everything setup. Do at least 3-5 full dress rehearsal practice runs. Do not expect that you can order a kit online and it will arrive and you just press a button. I think doing your first run with real nitrogen would be a big mistake and have an extremely elevated risk of failure and even maybe injury. This is my real reason for writing this is to prevent that.

2) Leak test carefully

3) Think about how it could fail. If the tank or chair falls over etc. If the gas runs out too early.

I'll listen to this when I go

I haven't come across too many inert gas goodbye threads, but there are some, e.g. @Deafsn0w:

@imcadt98:

Last edited:
Painfu.Ll.suffering

Painfu.Ll.suffering

My D
Sep 17, 2023
Thanks for the reply.The last case shows also the exit bag..

I attached my hose coming to the front.. I was thinking of doing it in the living room, but that's the biggest room... In case the exit bag lets too much nitrogen out, oxygen in at some point the room should be my back up... Is 1,5/2 bar output enough.... How will i move and will it destroy the set up... Omg i hate it...

Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
Thanks for the reply.The last case shows also the exit bag..

I attached my hose coming to the front.. I was thinking of doing it in the living room, but that's the biggest room... In case the exit bag lets too much nitrogen out, oxygen in at some point the room should be my back up... Is 1,5/2 bar output enough.... How will i move and will it destroy the set up... Omg i hate it...
No problem (I posted another inert gas goodbye thread above.)

Just tape your hose securely to the inside of the bag. Once it's not too tight around the neck, the CO2 will be pushed out the bottom of the bag by the nitrogen. Very little oxygen will get into the bag as the nitrogen will keep it pushed out.

With the gas regulator, you need to focus on litres per minute (LPM), not bar. The PPH says to set it to 15lpm for nitrogen with the exit bag; some say to set it to 20 to 25 LPM.

To avoid falling over and knocking stuff or pulling the tube from the bag, it's best to strap yourself to a chair with latching/tie-down straps.
Screenshot 20240206 170931 Screenshot 20240206 170927

Painfu.Ll.suffering

Painfu.Ll.suffering

My D
Sep 17, 2023
Yes, i just dont have a Regulator with lpm and have to work with what I have...
My exit bag ist quite tight, which is my next fear... If my head falls the "hole" (or opening but its not really an opening is closed.... Dont know how tight is required, and if my elastic is maybe to strong...

Never used these straps and dont know how I should strap me with it and be able to put the exit bag over, open the gas flow and regulator fill the bag, hyperventilate for 2min and then pull over so that one feels comfortable its working... My deep chair should prevent me from falling... Wheres my hitman

Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
Yes, i just dont have a Regulator with lpm and have to work with what I have...
You're better off buying a gas flowmeter and attaching it to the regulator. Argon regulators with flowmeters are easier to get than nitrogen ones, and can be used with nitrogen. Here's one example:
Screenshot 20240206 181700

My exit bag ist quite tight, which is my next fear... If my head falls the "hole" (or opening but its not really an opening is closed.... Dont know how tight is required, and if my elastic is maybe to strong...
From PPH:
Screenshot 20240206 182403

Never used these straps and dont know how I should strap me with it and be able to put the exit bag over, open the gas flow and regulator fill the bag, hyperventilate for 2min and then pull over so that one feels comfortable its working... My deep chair should prevent me from falling... Wheres my hitman
You could strap your upper body to the chair, and leave your arms loose to put on the bag, etc. Also maybe strap your legs and put your arms under the straps when finished putting on the bag. But the upper body is the most important one, as you don't want to fall down and pull away the tube from the bag or regulator.

Painfu.Ll.suffering

Painfu.Ll.suffering

My D
Sep 17, 2023
It was hard enough to gather what i have already :(
I just pierced my exit bag yesterday and have to make a new one... :(
I think maybe the right position and deep chair will help me with having to fix myself only a little 😕
Hmmm i found this converter now... But according to this i would be way to high with the 1, 5bar... There 15lpm would be equivalent to 0.13 bar... Shit...

I found a Regulator but it's for co2 or argon... And both gases seem to have different flow p minute on the same meter

The regulators with flowmeter for argon have a different bottle connection...

Last edited:
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
It was hard enough to gather what i have already :(
I just pierced my exit bag yesterday and have to make a new one... :(
I think maybe the right position and deep chair will help me with having to fix myself only a little 😕
I've never made an exit bag. Did you use items like @WearyOfStruggling used:

111523 20200608 200220
Another poster, @FromGermany, talked of using freezer bags that they said are stronger than oven bags:
My PAPSTAR freezer bags 60 litres 90x50 cm, material is LLDPE, are a good alternative to Turkey Oven Bags, material PET, 60x55 cm. PAPSTAR is more rubust and comes with a 50 piece package.

Hmmm i found this converter now... But according to this i would be way to high with the 1, 5bar... There 15lpm would be equivalent to 0.13 bar... Shit...

I found a Regulator but it's for co2 or argon... And both gases seem to have different flow p minute on the same meter

The regulators with flowmeter for argon have a different bottle connection...
Yeah, people on this site have gotten those regulators that have both argon and CO2 on them, that's fine. It should have the two separate readings on it, on either side. The argon LPM is fine to use with nitrogen. 15lpm on argon regulator is around 20lpm nitrogen.
Argon, nitrogen, and helium regulators should all have the same type of connection for attaching to a cylinder.

W

winterparty

Student
Jul 29, 2023
Yes I have my great setup from gas monkey but it made me skeptical that he didn't even post about his death. I want to do it that way but I lack the confidence in the method.

Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
Yes I have my great setup from gas monkey but it made me skeptical that he didn't even post about his death. I want to do it that way but I lack the confidence in the method.
When looking back over the inert gas megathread before, I came across some of your posts about having an EEBD hood. Why do you not have confidence in the method?
I saw you posting about jumping recently, is that now your preferred method?

As for @GasMonkey, it's not certain that he did ctb, though it's probably likely. But not everyone posts a goodbye thread.

Reactions: winterparty
Painfu.Ll.suffering

Painfu.Ll.suffering

My D
Sep 17, 2023
I've never made an exit bag. Did you use items like @WearyOfStruggling used:

View attachment 128322
Another poster, @FromGermany, talked of using freezer bags that they said are stronger than oven bags:

Yeah, people on this site have gotten those regulators that have both argon and CO2 on them, that's fine. It should have the two separate readings on it, on either side. The argon LPM is fine to use with nitrogen. 15lpm on argon regulator is around 20lpm nitrogen.
Argon, nitrogen, and helium regulators should all have the same type of connection for attaching to a cylinder.

Yes i used the stuff for the exit bag... And i made a new one, just have to attach the hose inside again... But the regulator will be a problem.. It seems to be not the same entrance.... I once loosened and reattached the regulator and it was horrible... Im happy that its on know and is not leaking ... Would be good to have people who are experienced and can check the setup...

I also don't have the confidence in the method anymore as in the beginning ... When you have the exit bag over your forehead and it's very tight and you pull it down, than i feel there's too much room or little room... You have to experience it with my bag to understand 😅And then the movements that will occur (just read an article about this method in assisted suicide)...
This is the chair that should keep me upright and in the bag is the cylinder

Attachments

• 17073277441662852187831971853280.jpg
    17073277441662852187831971853280.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
Yes i used the stuff for the exit bag... And i made a new one, just have to attach the hose inside again... But the regulator will be a problem.. It seems to be not the same entrance.... I once loosened and reattached the regulator and it was horrible... Im happy that its on know and is not leaking ... Would be good to have people who are experienced and can check the setup...
The argon/CO2 regulator that you mentioned previously, was it just a flowmeter on its own? That looks like this:
Flussometro per riduttore di pressione 2903002
A flowmeter like that needs to be screwed into a regulator, so that it looks like this:
Gas regulator with flowmeter for rechargeable bottlela co2 connexion

But you can get flowmeters that screw directly into a cylinder. It will have a flowmeter and a guage on the front. Their connection looks like this:
Screenshot 20240207 184852

So you can either get an argon flowmeter like the one above(with a guage on front), or a regulator with flowmeter(regulator and flowmeter together, like the 2nd pic above).

I also don't have the confidence in the method anymore as in the beginning ... When you have the exit bag over your forehead and it's very tight and you pull it down, than i feel there's too much room or little room... You have to experience it with my bag to understand 😅
As long as the exit bag is snug around the neck, but not tight. I wouldn't overthink things.

And then the movements that will occur (just read an article about this method in assisted suicide)...
This is the chair that should keep me upright and in the bag is the cylinder
The body will go limp when you go unconscious. Just make sure you don't slide off the chair.