• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Sunoo

Sunoo

Student
Sep 25, 2023
I need to study but I feel too sad to study. I can't even get up to brush my teeth or clean my room. It's killing me knowing I will either fail my university exams or my ctb attempt again. I just wanna be a kid again, none of these things were on my mind at that time. Does anyone else struggle? or have any tips on how to overcome this???

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, H25pital Order, Praestat_Mori and 18 others
the_path_of_sorrows

the_path_of_sorrows

Different routes, same destination
Nov 26, 2023
Hey, I struggle with the same thing. So glad that this semester is finally over. I have a specific date in mind and I would love to give up since it seems pointless when I've barely got any time left,, I just keep telling myself that I gotta pretend since I don't wanna be put on a ward and I don't want others to worry about my decisions. I don't pretend that I'm fine, no, I don't hide this situation; quite too many people know that I will end it. Just keep telling myself that I gotta do my best for the sake of others.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Hotsackage, murun_b and 1 other person
BringMeToLife

BringMeToLife

I'm stuck in here
Apr 13, 2023
I'm (trying to) dealing with this at the moment too and it's horrible. I know I can get up and just take care of my studies and my room, but I don't. How can something this easy be so difficult... I'm failing things because of it and it makes me so stressed, so afraid => I'm even more exhausted and hopeless => I don't do anything at all
Sending you hugs, hope you'll find a way out of this state/situation

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, murun_b, NoAIarmsNoSurprises and 1 other person
PROJECT: Extase

PROJECT: Extase

Starlit
Jan 11, 2024
I have a lot of issues but studying might be one of the worst. I almost get physically hurt when forced to study, and become very sensitive, panickef and suicidal. It also brings my traumas back which doesnt help. I didnt go to uni this morning because i just had enough with it. Ill ctb monday in the morning and wont go to it again. If i succed

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, NoAIarmsNoSurprises and murun_b
M

murun_b

Aug 5, 2023
I feel this so much right now. I really need to work on my master's thesis, but I just can't bring myself to sit down at my computer and put in the work necessary. Instead, I'm lying in my bed in the middle of the day, rotting away while listening to music. It just feels so fucking pointless. I've literally ignored it for weeks. Now I'm at a point where I've kind of let my supervisor down (I think) and will be lucky if I finish it in time. It's just very hard to work on something when you don't have a vision of what you are doing it for.

• Hugs
Reactions: H25pital Order, Praestat_Mori, struggles_inc and 1 other person
Unknown21

Unknown21

?/?/2024
Apr 25, 2023
I apparently failed in the last exam, i really have tried to study hard but i can't, my brain doesn't function or concentrate anymore .

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Also struggling here. If I do not improve on the motivation front, I plan to park myself in the library. In the past, changing my environment to a more public and studious space helped me focus.

• Hugs
NeedAnEscape

NeedAnEscape

awaiting the end
Oct 16, 2023
I heavily relate to this feeling. As a kid, I was always crazy about getting perfect grades, but now, I can barely bring myself to prepare for finals. I barely survived it; I'm so frustrated knowing that I'll have the same experience at the end of second semester.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and struggles_inc
whotookmylexapro

whotookmylexapro

Jan 19, 2024
I struggle with the same thing…..
I work full time and go to college and im trying to also have a healthy life by going to the gym, running errands etc but its so difficult.

I want to either go the the psychward or ctb but either way will screw me over if its not successful because my job is strict with no attendance as well as college so im in a rock and hard place.

I wish i had good advice but im literally sinking thru the same things.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and struggles_inc
lament.

lament.

the Immortal
Jun 28, 2023
I dropped out of college because of depression, finding motivation to do literally anything is exhausting. It's something I don't ever see my self getting past, I wish there was an easy fix. I hope you find something before you reach the point I am at, maybe music or a particular singer you really enjoy listening to? Music doesn't really give me motivation but it makes me feel SOMETHING at least. I wish I could give proper advice on this because this is one of my biggest struggles too but I wouldn't be struggling so much if my methods worked.

• Hugs
U

Unbearable97

-
Jan 19, 2024
I felt the exact same way when I was studying, felt like I didn't do nearly as well as I could of obviously but just found it so hard to just focus on anything until the very last minute.

Don't really have any advice sorry. some say just do it because you have to but that's not advice because it's so much harder than that. But good luck!

• Hugs
passivethought121

passivethought121

Student
Jun 11, 2023
Same. Didn't put any effort into college research because throughout high-school I thought I'd be dead before then. I am truly considering a gap year for the sake of "saving up to transfer" and then CTB with some of those savings

• Hugs
T

textmewhenyourehome

Dec 31, 2023
I need to study but I feel too sad to study. I can't even get up to brush my teeth or clean my room. It's killing me knowing I will either fail my university exams or my ctb attempt again. I just wanna be a kid again, none of these things were on my mind at that time. Does anyone else struggle? or have any tips on how to overcome this???
I was the same when I was studying. I don't recommend it, but I completely self destructed for the entire duration of my uni life. Some nights my night of sleep consisted of 1 hour of sleep. I lost my friends because I didn't hang out with anyone bc I was studying. Some days I wouldn't shower because it felt like there wasn't enough time to shower and also pass my exams. I went as far as resorting to sh as a way of pushing myself to stay awake and keep studying. I never felt more suicidal than when I was in uni. But I was determined to make sure I didn't have to prolong graduation any longer than I needed to because there's no way I would want another year of that life. And it worked. I graduated in the minimum amount of time it takes to finish the degree. I almost feel a bit brain damaged from how bad it was, but I will say life post graduation has been so much better. In the end, even though I wouldn't ever wish that experience on anybody, for me it was worth it. I guess my advice is… make sure what you're studying is actually what you want to do. Don't do uni if you don't necessarily need to. One of my regrets is seeing my friends with no degrees doing jobs that pay just as well as mine. Makes me feel like I could've avoided all that pain and been in the same financial situation anyway.

Just wanted to also make an edit to add: a lot of the time, the job in a specific career field is actually much easier than the degree. Really frustrating for poor uni students but it can help ease the sense of hopelessness that it's going to be this hard forever

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Sunoo, H25pital Order and Praestat_Mori
Mäximum

Mäximum

All the effort for nothing...
Apr 5, 2023
Struggling with the same thing right now. I really need to study or else I will literally fail half of my classes. But I can't motivate myself to actually sit down and study. Even when I sit at my desk, I just look at the book and then give up after 15 minutes of staring because it's just a waste of time. I know it's bad that I do the things the way I do them, but I can't help myself…

• Hugs
Reactions: H25pital Order and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
If you r worried that you cannot pass the uni exams you should seek a different occupation, there're other kinds of education (depending on where you live) uni / studies are not for everyone.

Ik the big problem in nowadays society is that even a simple secretary job needs a uni degree - that sucks!

I'm sorry you have to go through this.

M

murun_b

Aug 5, 2023
I feel this so much right now. I really need to work on my master's thesis, but I just can't bring myself to sit down at my computer and put in the work necessary. Instead, I'm lying in my bed in the middle of the day, rotting away while listening to music. It just feels so fucking pointless. I've literally ignored it for weeks. Now I'm at a point where I've kind of let my supervisor down (I think) and will be lucky if I finish it in time. It's just very hard to work on something when you don't have a vision of what you are doing it for.
I know this won't be of interest to anyone here, but I'll take the opportunity to vent a little anyway.

I recently handed in the thesis and I think it is pretty terrible. The sad thing is that it really had the potential to become a good piece of work, but I simply couldn't bring myself to care. In the end, I just tried to produce something that satisfied the minimal requirements for submission instead of attempting to actually produce good work. It is so frustrating that if life seems pointless you absolutely lose the ability to produce anything good or of value.

The funny thing though is that during the final days before the deadline I was kind of panicking, but it didn't feel bad at all. I'm fact, I hadn't felt that good in weeks. I was full of energy and even felt the need to laugh sometimes, even though I was convinced at the time that I wouldn't make it in time and had just thrown away two years of uni.

• Love
Reactions: Sunoo
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I struggle with this too. This is why I want to be dead as this is just what life seems like to me; a never ending series of working until you die. I remember that, once I'm done studying at university, I'll have to work for the rest of my life if I continue to stay alive. I wish to be dead so that I no longer have to struggle like this. I hate humans so much for preaching about hard work and forcing everybody to undergo hard work, even when it comes to dying.

Sadly, I have no advice because, the truth is, you are forced to study and suffer unless if you kill yourself. There's no way around it unless if you're rich enough to not work

Reactions: murun_b
L

lifewasawillowtv

You’re losing me
Nov 12, 2023
Yeah I get this, I recently finished two weeks of intense exams. I honestly don't think I'm going to go back to uni next year, I can't cope anymore. Unfortunately there's nothing you can really do, you sort of just have to go along with it until they're over. Good luck with your exams though.