Ardesevent

Ardesevent

It’s the end of the line, cowboy
Feb 2, 2020

Involuntary hospitalization doesn't work. There are numerous studies supporting this, and this has been known for many years. Heck, I even found a site from 2005 during my search.
One of these studies is even by the government, and they still haven't done anything about it. They're just allowing the health industry to exploit and steal money from suicidal people, and even helping them by making their cops commit people. Why aren't they doing anything?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, imacrybaby, Broken Chimera and 18 others
ecmnesia

ecmnesia

the only thing humans are equal in is death
Aug 30, 2020
fear of involutary hospitalization is the major reason why I, and probably most users, cannot be honest with psychiatrists and therapists. it's all about money and making sure we don't step out of the line they draw.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, imacrybaby, Broken Chimera and 14 others
BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020

Involuntary hospitalization doesn't work. There are numerous studies supporting this, and this has been known for many years. Heck, I even found a site from 2005 during my search.
One of these studies is even by the government, and they still haven't done anything about it. They're just allowing the health industry to exploit and steal money from suicidal people, and even helping them by making their cops commit people. Why aren't they doing anything?
I'm not at all surprised by this.

NHS mental health services are exceptionally poor, and so involuntary hospitalisation is generally preceded by a period of poor service.
"They" then lock you up, as I have experienced, where you'll be left wandering a ward that is totally unsuitable for people with mental health difficulties, and you may not even be engaged in a therapy program.

• Love
Reactions: Peachypieeee, imacrybaby, Metalhead and 6 others
_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
involuntary hospitalization is abuse, who wouldn't feel more suicidal after this, having stripped all rights from you.. we are still living in the dark ages
*legal abuse

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: 262653, imacrybaby, Broken Chimera and 11 others
Rn110bg101

Rn110bg101

I want to go home
Apr 18, 2019
You being locked up isn't "for your own good" but for the good of the economy. If we let people kill themselves companies would not have as much money—plus if you live in the US psych ward stays are costly, so even more money in the pockets of the owners/systems/the government.

One of the things I remember best is a story I read on Reddit a long time ago about a guy who was forcefully admitted after contacting the suicide hotline, he was crippled with debt once he got out and hanged himself a few weeks later.

• Aww..
Reactions: XIII, ncmxm, it's_all_a_game and 7 others
StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
I have experienced both "voluntary" (more as favor to other people - big mistake) and involuntary in two different countries.
Both were a huge mistake and a nightmare come true.

Reactions: disabledandhopeless, Metalhead, Stick and 2 others
Lawliet

Lawliet

b a n g
Sep 15, 2020
I was involuntarily hospitalized in my state hospital for a month. It was traumatic as fuck. I still have triggers from it and it ruined my life. Even worse I live like six blocks from it

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Broken Chimera, Peachypieeee, _Minsk and 9 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
You being locked up isn't "for your own good" but for the good of the economy. If we let people kill themselves companies would not have as much money—plus if you live in the US psych ward stays are costly, so even more money in the pockets of the owners/systems/the government.

One of the things I remember best is a story I read on Reddit a long time ago about a guy who was forcefully admitted after contacting the suicide hotline, he was crippled with debt once he got out and hanged himself a few weeks later.
I think you are referring to this Reddit thread. And yes, forced intervention oftenly makes things worse for the patient, not only by stripping them of their rights and treating them less than a human, but also crippling them with debt (especially in the US).

Reactions: 262653, _Minsk and Rn110bg101
Rn110bg101

Rn110bg101

I want to go home
Apr 18, 2019
I think you are referring to this Reddit thread. And yes, forced intervention oftenly makes things worse for the patient, not only by stripping them of their rights and treating them less than a human, but also crippling them with debt (especially in the US).
Yep, that's the one.

… God, this is still as grim as I remember it.

the witch’s lament

the witch’s lament

Sep 5, 2020
I hate that it takes a study for something like 'involuntary admission' to be recognized as cruel and counterproductive. the only justification they think they have is that anybody who is diagnosed with a mental illness could be a threat to others. it is not the business of others the threat we pose to ourselves. speaking as a U.S resident who has been hospitalized, this is just a way the government drain the lower classes and emotionally vulnerable for more money. if voluntary euthanasia was legal, 'involuntary admission' for suicidal ideation wouldn't be a thing.

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk and Rn110bg101