A

AerialBoundaries

The Songs of Distant Earth.
Sep 18, 2022
I consider myself an empathetic person, these days, but I'm finding that I'm having difficulty relating to suicidal people, as their reasons for feeling suicidal, differ from mine.

I don't like this. I don't want to feel that there's an elitist mindset to it and that others are more entitled to feel suicidal, depending on circumstances. I just see posts from people that have so much more than I could ever dream of in life, yet they feel just as bad as me. It's horrible. It makes me wonder, would I be in even worse shape, if I had positives in my life?

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep, Praestat_Mori, WAITING TO DIE and 1 other person
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
I think every reason to ctb is just as valid as another, yet I understand what you mean.
My reason to ctb is due to childhood abuse and depression, yet other people may want to ctb due to family problems, or an existential crisis.
Ultimately, we are all in the same boat and had enough of suffering.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and AerialBoundaries
A

AerialBoundaries

Sep 18, 2022
I think every reason to ctb is just as valid as another, yet I understand what you mean.
My reason to ctb is due to childhood abuse and depression, yet other people may want to ctb due to family problems, or an existential crisis.
Ultimately, we are all in the same boat and had enough of suffering.
Absolutely, my friend. It's a universal issue.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and WAITING TO DIE
Scattered-Soul

Scattered-Soul

It was an indescribable pain
Oct 2, 2023
I completely get you because I'm the same way, both when it comes to having difficulties relating to those people but also feeling bad about it. I'm pro-choice for everybody and I try to sympathize as much as possible, I'm also well aware that I shouldn't really compare myself and that everyone's reason is valid.

It's just that when I see people feeling suicidal because of relationship problems, break ups, their physical appearance or inability to find a romantic partner, being virgin etc I feel so removed from that as someone who doesn't care about that stuff whatsoever and who's had all kinds of mental issues since freaking birth, who's grown in an abusive household and the worst of all, acquired brain damage and a progressive neurocognitive disorder at the age of 17 which I've lived for 4 years now. Like even my severe mental illnesses, misophonia and my family issues don't compare to this disability, so I even feel jealous of other mentally ill people simply because they don't have that disability on top of their mental health issues.

Maybe it's because I've never had a normal life and I've never been a normal person so I feel so far away from those who have normal people problems. I really don't mean to be condescending, I know that the issue lies in me. And I'm sure at least somebody's gonna get mad at me for saying all of this, telling me that those reasons are completely valid and that I'm an asshole for not getting it but I do, truly, and I always try to keep these thoughts to myself, it's just hard not to feel like you can't really relate, you know.

• Hugs
Reactions: misophoned, freedompass, Cage and 3 others
A

AerialBoundaries

Sep 18, 2022
I completely get you because I'm the same way, both when it comes to having difficulties relating to those people but also feeling bad about it. I'm pro-choice for everybody and I try to sympathize as much as possible, I'm also well aware that I shouldn't really compare myself and that everyone's reason is valid.

It's just that when I see people feeling suicidal because of relationship problems, break ups, their physical appearance or inability to find a romantic partner, being virgin etc I feel so removed from that as someone who doesn't care about that stuff whatsoever and who's had all kinds of mental issues since freaking birth, who's grown in an abusive household and the worst of all, acquired brain damage and a progressive neurocognitive disorder at the age of 17 which I've lived for 4 years now. Like even my severe mental illnesses, misophonia and my family issues don't compare to this disability, so I even feel jealous of other mentally ill people simply because they don't have that disability on top of their mental health issues.

Maybe it's because I've never had a normal life and I've never been a normal person so I feel so far away from those who have normal people problems. I really don't mean to be condescending, I know that the issue lies in me. And I'm sure at least somebody's gonna get mad at me for saying all of this, telling me that those reasons are completely valid and that I'm an asshole for not getting it but I do, truly, and I always try to keep these thoughts to myself, it's just hard not to feel like you can't really relate, you know.
I'm right there with you.

Others problems seem insignificant from the exterior, but it might be the be all and end all for them.

I've never had a normal life, either. It's very difficult to relate. There's short term depression, which happens after a difficult situation and there's the other kind. The kind you're stuck with until the day you die. You almost can't take it, but you power through because that's the only choice, apart from death.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Scattered-Soul
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
In my case I wouldn't say I relate to other people at all really, I never have done. The reality is that we cannot really understand what other people go through as we are unable to experience existence in the same way as them, we aren't in the same position, we all experience existence differently.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
Cage

Cage

Unwitting Baas
Sep 18, 2023

You're not an asshole at all, in fact you're absolutely 100% right. I get very angry when I hear normal people talk about their stupid, vapid meaningless problems, because it's clear just from listening to them speak that they're too fucking stupid and dumb to ever understand the genuine pain that actual disadvantaged people have to suffer with everyday. Really when you think about it, "normal people problems" are reserved for a very privileged minority of the world population; the small minority that doesn't live in the Global South, doesn't have any major health problems or disorders, and hasn't had to deal with an impoverished, abusive and/or otherwise dysfunctional family. These hardships have been the norm for most of human history, but now we got stupid pampered First World fucktards that wanna act like their nonexistent problems are "normal".

Your problems are far more valid and important than theirs will ever be. You should be the one whom everyone is trying to help, whom everyone is trying to comfort, whom society is working towards trying to exactly improve the life of. You deserve far more love, care and support than any "normal" privileged person ever deserves. In fact these "normal" people don't deserve any love or support at all. Their happy normal lives are the direct reason of benefitting from the hardship of people like you. They should be the ones wanting to kill themselves, not you. They all deserve to die a miserable lonely death.

Here's a song I think you might enjoy. It's not much but hopefully it brings a smile to your face for at least a few moments :)

Reactions: AerialBoundaries