• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

SadGoose

SadGoose

Meow :(
Aug 20, 2023
What is the strongest knot to use for the anchor point in a full suspension hanging? Obviously it needs to not come undone from jerking and swinging, and needs to have a high breaking strength. Some ideas I have are round turn and 2 half hitches, figure 8 follow through, or boom hitch. However, I am not sure which of these is the strongest, or if there is something else that might be stronger/better suited.

Reactions: seekingrelease22
B

bcl001

Dec 6, 2023
What is the strongest knot to use for the anchor point in a full suspension hanging? Obviously it needs to not come undone from jerking and swinging, and needs to have a high breaking strength. Some ideas I have are round turn and 2 half hitches, figure 8 follow through, or boom hitch. However, I am not sure which of these is the strongest, or if there is something else that might be stronger/better suited.

A figure 8 follow through will be more than sufficient. This is the standard for rock climbing and I've fallen with great force onto this knot hundreds of times. It's also easy to check and relatively beginner friendly. There will be plenty of videos on YouTube to learn.

Note the knot doesn't have to be dressed (that is to say look pretty/symmetrical like it may in a video), this just makes it easier to untie and doesn't impact the structure of the knot. As long as you've rethreaded it in full it'll be bomb proof