• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Insomniac

Insomniac

𝔄 𝔲 𝔱 𝔦 𝔰 𝔪
May 21, 2021
I don't necessarily listen to his music ( though I like a few of his songs) but I was surprised about the lyrics of his new song

"J'ai parfois eu des pensées suicidaires
Et j'en suis peu fier
On croit parfois que c'est la seule manière de les faire taire
Ces pensées qui nous font vivre un enfer
Ces pensées qui me font vivre un enfer"

Translation
"I've considered suicide a few times
And I'm not proud of it
Sometimes you feel it'd be the only way to silence them
All these thoughts putting me through hеll
All these thoughts putting me through hеll"

I think suicide is even more awkward topic in the French community (I might be wrong).
Edit: yeah no suicide is 1000 times more taboo in english communities who tend to be more conservatives..

he is a successful artist in the franscosphere and people were surprised to learn that he has depression (learned it a few years ago).

I think this song is gonna really change french normies perception of suicide and normalize being open about the sentiment more.

Last edited:
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
He's the Belgium singer right? I had no idea he was going through a hard time as that song shows. Thanks for sharing. I'm a fan but not a French speaker. Alors on dance he didn't seem very happy either.

Reactions: Insomniac
Depressed Cat

Depressed Cat

Mage
Jan 4, 2022
I think this song is gonna really change french normies perception of suicide and normalize being open about the sentiment more.

I sincerely hope it does. People need to be more open and accepting about depression and other mental illnesses.

Suicide should not be a taboo topic anywhere. Euthanasia & assisted suicide should be legalised across the world.

GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
Oh wow, I wanted to share it here too! This is amazing. I loved this song right away and I don't even know how to call the feeling I get when he gets to the chorus but just his delivery really gives me the chills, even though this song is really simple melodically and isn't really my style of music. Also, the first verse where he talks about feeling alone and how knowing that there are many other people feeling the same way doesn't make him feel any less alone hit me like a freight train.

Stromae is amazing. He has 5 international mainstream hits that, if you named them after their lyrical content, would be named "People are partying to escape because the world is shit", "All relationship suck and are doomed", "I will probably fail as a parent, and so will you", "Let's celebrate the poor because man do they face some crap" and now "I am suicidal, here's how it feels". His ability to sell songs that give food for some dark thoughts in a genre that is almost entirely consists of mindless feel-good crap is incredible. Man's a genius.

Insomniac

Insomniac

𝔄 𝔲 𝔱 𝔦 𝔰 𝔪
May 21, 2021
Oh wow, I wanted to share it here too! This is amazing. I loved this song right away and I don't even know how to call the feeling I get when he gets to the chorus but just his delivery really gives me the chills, even though this song is really simple melodically and isn't really my style of music. Also, the first verse where he talks about feeling alone and how knowing that there are many other people feeling the same way doesn't make him feel any less alone hit me like a freight train.

Stromae is amazing. He has 5 international mainstream hits that, if you named them after their lyrical content, would be named "People are partying to escape because the world is shit", "All relationship suck and are doomed", "I will probably fail as a parent, and so will you", "Let's celebrate the poor because man do they face some crap" and now "I am suicidal, here's how it feels". His ability to sell songs that give food for some dark thoughts in a genre that is almost entirely consists of mindless feel-good crap is incredible. Man's a genius.

same. he isn't my style of music since I mostly listen to post rock, indie etc but I really appreciate him and some of his songs, that you perfectly describe btw. crazy that I never noticed that his songs were mostly about how dystopian society is.

he is rare a gem, I agree.

F

firefish

Oct 14, 2022
ive only heard a couple of his songs but there was one about a man being infertile and being left by his partner which was unique and dark