H

hetwordtmeteveel

victim of existence
Aug 9, 2023
is it a problem if i dissolve sn in water and store it for some time, because i want to have my drinks prepared in advance. will the sn get bad in water, and if so when?

D

Deleted member 65988

No, I'd advise to prepare them and drink them, moisture does cause SN to oxidize into Nitrate

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
It turns into nitrate slowly. Best is to store it in a dry, cool and air-tight place, sealed. Then it stays good for a very long time.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Deleted member 65988 and cheese.out
SmollMushroom

SmollMushroom

send N pls
Sep 27, 2023
It turns into nitrate slowly. Best is to store it in a dry, cool and air-tight place, sealed. Then it stays good for a very long time.
Hello!
Would storing it in containers like these be fine?
Amazon product ASIN B07V2DM8HV

It's now in a sealed plastic envelope but once opened it will be impossible to prevent air to get inside!
So I need another container to store it for a long time!

I won't open it anytime soon, but in case my ctb attempt fails, I'd like my sn not to spoil!

P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
even if there is some air inside the process is very slow. it's enough to seal the bag again and squeeze as much air out as possible.

Reactions: Deleted member 65988
D

Deleted member 65988

Sodium nitrite can begin to oxidize to sodium nitrate when exposed to air and moisture, typically at temperatures above 200°C (392°F). The oxidation reaction is accelerated at higher temperatures, but it's a gradual process that occurs over time in ambient conditions. It's important to store sodium nitrite in a cool, dry place to minimize this conversion.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
SmollMushroom

SmollMushroom

send N pls
Sep 27, 2023
You two rn <.<

Chris Hemsworth Thumbs Up GIF by Men In Black: International

even if there is some air inside the process is very slow. it's enough to seal the bag again and squeeze as much air out as possible.
But would it be slower if stored in the containers I showed? I would not be able to seal the bag again as it is just plastic. I could just put a clothespin on it...

Sodium nitrite can begin to oxidize to sodium nitrate when exposed to air and moisture, typically at temperatures above 200°C (392°F). The oxidation reaction is accelerated at higher temperatures, but it's a gradual process that occurs over time in ambient conditions. It's important to store sodium nitrite in a cool, dry place to minimize this conversion.
So storing it in a refrigerator would be better than storing it in ambient temperature?

Sorry I'm just very ignorant on the subject and I'd like to know as much as I can...

Also please don't get upset at the joke I luv you <3

D

Deleted member 65988

So storing it in a refrigerator would be better than storing it in ambient temperature?

Sorry I'm just very ignorant on the subject and I'd like to know as much as I can...
Personally, I just wouldn't risk it at all. Keeping it in a dry, dark and cool place should be good enough, it's a durable chemical after all meant specifically for testing in labs and used in experiments, not for ctb but here we are and still so few know that.

Yeah I know, saw ur post the other day about your regimen, I didn't wanna say anything due to helping others who've probably recently passed like riellending and stepz so it's knocked me back from helping others with their respective regimens.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and SmollMushroom
P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
But would it be slower if stored in the containers I showed? I would not be able to seal the bag again as it is just plastic. I could just put a clothespin on it...
like @Uesugi-Lord said.

SmollMushroom

SmollMushroom

send N pls
Sep 27, 2023
I see, so from your responses I'll deduce that the jars I wanted to buy would be a batter way to storage it, but not really necessary.
I'll keep that in mind and decide what to do... 👍

Reactions: Deleted member 65988