N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
TSMC announced they invest billions of dollars in a factory in East Germany today. Intel did something similar and Tesla was the first big company. Are you kidding me?´Germany is falling into pieces and crumbles and you invest BILLIONS? They get subventions though from what I have read Biden offers them usually way more. Many German analysts envy Biden's spending on infrastructure and subventions. They say he lets the EU look old and outdated.

The thing is: why fucking East Germany? It is full of Nazis, old people and highly skilled workers flee from that area. There is so much racism that migrants get the suggestion not to move there. (Dark-Germany/ Dunkel Deutschland). The right wing extreme party is there the most popular and will win the elections next year.

I know there are some factors why they choose East Germany. But I want that this thread remains over the top and full of sarcasm.

Well mind change. To add something serious. I think Germany's economy is in big trouble and I think such announcements can help that the Alternative of Germany (right wing extreme party) loses popularity. But the thing is of course way more intricate. Many people have big anxiety about the economical downturn and this nurtures anti-democratic parties. It is scary. Personally I would bet against Germany with how the things are going. Though UK after Brexit sounds even worse. Especially the life for poor people. Interestingly the AfD is very popular among poor and unemployed people. Though it is a fact their economic policies are so much in favor of the rich. It is similar to the Trump tax cuts. I cannot understand people that vote against their economical interests just because of the culture war. But that is a different topic.

Reactions: Nlis2244