• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I am not sure whether such a prize/competition exists in other countries. I could not find much on the internet. In Germany it hit the news today and many people talked about it.

I will give the list from Germany most of them are self-explaining. The top ten.

1. Krisenmodus - mode of crises The German leftwing government is hated for their work (I like some policies though)

2. Antisemitismus - antisemitism The war in Israel is big on the news because of the German crimes in history

3. leseunfähig , unable to read Germany got very bad grades for a bad education of young children - there was a second PISA shock

4. KI-boom KI means AI artifical intelligence boom

5. Ampelzoff - traffic light argument "Ampel" means traffic light it alludes to the colors of the coalition which leads Germany social democracts, greens, liberals -> they fight each other on a daily basis and sadly the neoliberals will win the next election for sure because of that (which is horrible for me - fear of poverty)

6. hybride Kriegführung - hybrid warfare -> Ukraine misinformation etc.

7. MIgrationsbremse - migration brake many say there are too many migrants and refugees the right wing extreme party is the second strongest party in my country

8. Milliardenloch - gap of billions (fun fact German translate millions with Millionen, billions with Milliarden, trillion with Billionen and quintillion wih Trillionen) there was highest court ruling that the way the governmeent financed the household is unconstitutional - this list is pretty much infuenced by what happened the last 2 months

9. Teilzeitgesellschaft - part time society I think many people don't like full time work, and especially women are not appreciated enough who do important carework

10. Kussskandal - kiss scandal Had to look it up it was this incident with the women soccer world cup

What about your country?

Last edited:
Blurry_Buildings

Blurry_Buildings

Just Existing
Sep 27, 2023
I'm not sure if this is a widespread thing, but if I made one for the US it would be something like

Acrophobia - The fear of heights, because we all know that we are driving towards a cliff for the 2024 election and we all know it is going to be a fiery disaster at the bottom. If Biden wins Trump will call it fraudulaent and there will be rioting in the streets. If Trump wins there will be even more rioting in the streets (since he is farther from the center). If Trump wins but is subsequently sentenced to prison there will be chaos and bloodshed - actually even if he loses but is sentenced to jail there will be some societal upheaval. Trump lost last time but he is up in the polls and JFK's conspiracy believing nephew wants to run as an independent to siphon centrist-liberal votes from Joe.

L

loopdaloop

-
Apr 16, 2023
the word would probably be 'conception' (the forming of an idea for something in your mind)

tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
I think rizz is it, in the UK too.

Ultracheese

Ultracheese

Arcanist
Dec 1, 2022
I think the word has been applicable for the last couple of years due to social media, but I've been lurking on stan twitter a lot and I keep thinking of the word "parasocial." Not just in terms of the rise of the internet, but in terms of how our relationships with people we know in real life can often be so meaningless so many are forced to derive some semblance of affection from people who don't know they exist.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
In the country where I live we have other problems than to discuss what's the "word of the year" ^^

No offence. :pfff:

• Yay!
Reactions: Sivuras