iamalreadydead

iamalreadydead

Student
Nov 25, 2022
I barely work even 16 hours a week and yesterday I did 8 hours and today I have another 8 hour shift. I genuinely enjoy this job too. I don't know what the fuck my problem is, my life is easy as hell and I still struggle with simple fucking shit. I wouldn't get fired or face any consequences I'd just have less money next week when I get paid. Should I force myself to do this shift? I can't believe I was doing 8 hours a day 5 days a week of school and working nearly 35+ hours in fast food as a fucking teenager and I can barely handle two days of the easiest job known to man nowadays

D

Deo volente

Nov 28, 2022
I can barely handle two days of the easiest job known to man nowadays
So relatable lmaooo.

I would call out if my not being there wouldn't be a big deal (nobody would have to cover for you). If someone did have to cover me then I might go. That's just my personal calculation on it. Depends on how you feel ultimately.

Reactions: iamalreadydead
T

Twistedliesinside

Apr 20, 2023
If you think it's best, take the time off. If you think you'll regret or feel any negativity about not working, force yourself to work. Make a decision you can be at peace with. If you need time off, forgive yourself and take the time.

Krystal

Krystal

May 6, 2023
What would you use the money for? Is whatever you use the money for worth forcing yourself to stand up for 8 hours? I think it requires introspection, and only you can answer the question for yourself. I personally wouldn't, because there are no actual consequences except for the lack of pay, plus it doesn't seem like you desperately need the money else I don't think you would've asked the question in the first place.