• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I have started to go to addiction meetings again. NA and AA. Going to one meeting a day is helping to feel less suicidal. I don't always like going and I don't have much to share yet in there. If I don't go I start to fall back into the addictive substances and isolating myself. I had gotten a sponsor and starting to work the steps. It's painful :("

seekingoblivion

seekingoblivion

Arcanist
Dec 11, 2018
Congrats!! You're a brave and strong person. I'm glad you're giving this another go. I really hope this can give you something to hold on to and that you might start to feel good about being alive.

Bluedew

Bluedew

Old and tired. Ready for this to be over !
Nov 8, 2018
Hang in there. I think if you find a good sponsor it will really be good for you. If the one you currently have doesn't work out maybe you can try another. Good to hear that you still have a spark. I've always liked reading your posts. Don't feel strange about not sharing at your meetings. When I was going I never shared a damn thing but I did meet a few people that I sort-of connected with.

dandan

dandan

One more attempt on life.
Feb 18, 2019
Best of luck, AA is just in front of the gym I'm going too, I've visited once in a while lately ymto thank life and to remember eventhough I'm doing good with this hormone therapy, I'm still an addict and feeling good is also inviting to do drugs, I have not even smoked weed, because i know one is not enough and everything is not enough. I should go to the meeting more frequently, thanks for reminding me.

Nutcase

Nutcase

Feb 10, 2019
Good luck. I'm going to start going to meetings again as well, I relapsed a few weeks ago and stopped going, I started to think if the meetings didn't stop me from drinking again before why bother going back to them, which is a very bad way of thinking, it's kind of like self sabotage, it would be better if I had not wasted time worrying about the possibility of me relapsing again and gone back to meetings as soon as possible and use the slip as a learning experience.

Last edited:
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I'm impressed with your bravery. Please tell us how your first meeting went, as I really think it will go well for you. :hug:
So I've been goin to three different ones. There's AA, sometimes NA, and CA or cocaine anonymous. It's interesting because sometimes the meetings can be very good and sometimes I might feel tense and annoyed. You will hear a lot of God being brought up but you can't let that discourage you from it. It takes a bit especially for very atheistic people to kind soften up to the idea that you have to begin to have faith in a higher power. It really does help. I began to pray daily for help with problems and being thankful for having needs met. I have been sober off everything for not really long but I'm able to stick with it easier by goin to the meetings and meeting with my sponsor lady a few times a week to work on the steps. It gives me accountability and so I'm not so isolated, u can make new friends and find support network. It is terribly awkward in the beginning and u will be ambivalent.

dandan

dandan

One more attempt on life.
Feb 18, 2019
So i stopped going , I'm thinking on going back , I was alright until a while ago when I discover the amount and how much I missed and how far I'm behind due to 20 years of depression , just seeing /feeling how much was taken away from me, and how much damaged I made myself , I kind of feel depressed again , but no!