Sleeper System

Sleeper System

Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z
May 5, 2022
I grew up poor and 30 years later... nothing has really changed.
I make enough to survive but not to thrive.
Its kind of sad but as a poor person trying to move up however you can in life... you set little goals.
I'm going to buy myself a nice phone. I'm going to get my drivers license. I'm going to get a car. I'm going to get my own place. You spend a portion of your life just aquiring the basic things that you want to live comfortably.

After awhile... you reach this point where the next goal is such a big jump from where you are standing that you don't see how you can make it and it makes all the other little efforts seem like nothing was achieved at all. So you basically get stuck in this place of just self sustaining and never really budge.

Things cost more and people aren't making more. So how are we supposed to survive?

This is especially true right now in our current economy. Where most of us can't even afford a house let alone be in a position to start planning for retirement. It's a sad state of existence. More people should be suicidal. Sasu should be the new facebook with the amount of people that should be worried about the future. Fml.

I might still have a job but living out of my car in a few years if this keeps up.
Im at this state of nothing good is happening but nothing bad is happening either and I know it wont last.
Scary thinking about all the ways life can go around. I guess we just keep working and hope for some relief every once in awhile.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep, Deleted member 65988, leavingthesoultrap and 4 others
F

F@#$

Freedom seeker
Nov 8, 2023
I couldn't have said it better myself.

Reactions: Sleeper System
Brown-Jacket Revy

Brown-Jacket Revy

Waste
Jul 10, 2023
The fear is real! I've been coasting for years on dissociation and intermittent employment, but now I really worry about getting my future base needs met as an old asf NEET.

Was even naively hoping for UBI at some point.

I'm not fond of existing in a perpetual state of survival, so if and when it becomes beyond grim for me, that might be the push for me to GTFO.

(BTW, did I use enough acronyms? lol)