• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

mlmc045

mlmc045

Dec 6, 2020
I don't know if this is misplaced?
I attempted for the first time at the start of this year, after having been passively suicidal for a long time but having too many barriers to actually try. While I had 'planned' it out and browsed other forums beforehand, it was inevitable it would fail even though I was so sure of it. Since then, this year has been really tough in regards to my relationship with my family and close friends that know because they just don't understand. I feel like I don't want anything to do with them, even though they're who I'm living for. I only joined SS very recently but it's bringing me a lot of comfort and a sense of belonging, which I greatly appreciate. I appreciate the humour and insightful comments. While it's heartbreaking that life has brought us to this point and I wish everyone peace, it feels like I've found a 'safe space' with great resources and people. Hope you all have a good day/night

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I don't know if this is misplaced?
I attempted for the first time at the start of this year, after having been passively suicidal for a long time but having too many barriers to actually try. While I had 'planned' it out and browsed other forums beforehand, it was inevitable it would fail even though I was so sure of it. Since then, this year has been really tough in regards to my relationship with my family and close friends that know because they just don't understand. I feel like I don't want anything to do with them, even though they're who I'm living for. I only joined SS very recently but it's bringing me a lot of comfort and a sense of belonging, which I greatly appreciate. I appreciate the humour and insightful comments. While it's heartbreaking that life has brought us to this point and I wish everyone peace, it feels like I've found a 'safe space' with great resources and people. Hope you all have a good day/night
Welcome hun, yes some of us make it our little home. You get to interact with some amazing people here. Unfortunately didn't have a good night, but all good.

mlmc045

mlmc045

Dec 6, 2020
Welcome hun, yes some of us make it our little home. You get to interact with some amazing people here. Unfortunately didn't have a good night, but all good.
Thank you. Sorry your night sucked, hope the day treats you better. Sending love and light ❤️

• Love
Reactions: darksideofthebright
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
You're goddamn right!
This community is helping me lots! I don't use any social networks anymore so here's where I spend most of the "social time" (and also in a forum for learning japanese lol)

• Hugs
Reactions: mlmc045 and Sensei
mlmc045

mlmc045

Dec 6, 2020
Absolutely! Ironically this is the only place keeping me alive. I find it hard to post due to my social anxiety but reading the posts here provide a big source of comfort to me.
Yeah, it's so strange how things turn out. I came here to lurk while planning my most recent attempt, but I got thrown off on the evening I was going to do it by a close friend, so I decided to delay it. Joined SS and I now feel a lot less lonely and misunderstood. Will probably still go through with it, but considering the different methods more carefully and even wondering if I should give recovery a chance.

• Love
Reactions: MindFrog
S

Sakura94

empty
Nov 26, 2020
There are zero people irl or anywhere online to talk to about this stuff. I tried going through discord... and there was nothing.
This is probably the only place I can talk about suicide ideation and discuss it properly.
I'll be very sleepy during the day but thanks for the best wishes :hug:
sorry your friend's gone :aw:

mlmc045

mlmc045

Dec 6, 2020
There are zero people irl or anywhere online to talk to about this stuff. I tried going through discord... and there was nothing.
This is probably the only place I can talk about suicide ideation and discuss it properly.

sorry your friend's gone :aw:
There's currently this culture of telling people to 'reach out to friends and family' after every suicide on social media but it's such unhelpful advice because people who aren't suicidal get SO uncomfortable and usually resort to guilt tripping (even if unintentionally). Or even worse, 'talk to a hotline' I WOULD RATHER DIE!! (although that's a bit ironic)

MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
I'm glad this site makes you feel better. It really feels like sanctuary. It just sucks that we have to find somewhere to belong to rather than be accepted by people much closer to us. I'm sorry you had to be here, but I hope you at least enjoy your stay. Who knows, maybe you'll make friends here while you're at it.

mlmc045

mlmc045

Dec 6, 2020
I'm glad this site makes you feel better. It really feels like sanctuary. It just sucks that we have to find somewhere to belong to rather than be accepted by people much closer to us. I'm sorry you had to be here, but I hope you at least enjoy your stay. Who knows, maybe you'll make friends here while you're at it.
I am enjoying it, but I don't think I should stay too long. I can't imagine it's the best place to get too comfortable
I'm so happy to hear that this community has brought you some comfort and camaraderie in this cruel world :heart: There's definitely nothing else like it out there
Thank you so much❤️
You're goddamn right!
This community is helping me lots! I don't use any social networks anymore so here's where I spend most of the "social time" (and also in a forum for learning japanese lol)
That's so cool that you're learning Japanese. I've only recently gone back on Twitter, and I still use TikTok (which sounds really lame and I should stop) but I'm definitely spending most my "social time" here at the moment

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: MindFrog