Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
The actress, aged 36, was discovered unconscious at her home and reportedly stabilised in hospital, but failed to regain consciousness, following a cardiac arrest. Her cause of death hasn't been revealed, but I suspect it was probably charcoal burning (CO inhalation) since that's a popular suicide method in South Korea, and is known to cause cardiac arrest. It hasn't yet been confirmed as a suicide but authorities suspect that it was. RIP.

• Aww..
Reactions: flank, Deleted member 4993, AMG44 and 8 others
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
Would she have been brain damage if consciousness was regained? Rip!

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Superdeterminist
Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
So sad for such a beautiful lady!

Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
Good question, I'm not sure. To my knowledge, it's definitely possible, maybe even likely that she would have suffered permanent brain damage. At least she was able to avoid that perhaps even more tragic scenario.

Reactions: flank, Deleted member 4993, AprilsBlessings and 1 other person
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
I've been hearing about so many Korean celebrity suicides lately. Their entertainment industry must be pretty fucked up.

Reactions: Helpneedtips, Blank Dreamer, cyberlordsumit and 7 others
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
Absolutely, and it shows once again that suicidality doesn't discriminate, it may affect rich or poor, pretty or ugly. Having said that, being poor or ugly are apparently reasons why some may choose to ctb, so it's not straightforward. I'm not sure what her reasons were, but South Korea has the third highest suicide rate in the world (according to wikipedia), perhaps there's something about their culture/society that pushes people into despair.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: flank, Deleted member 4993, death137 and 5 others
AlreadyGone

AlreadyGone

Taking it day by day
Jan 11, 2020

I hate that sentiment. It is almost as if a person is pretty or beautiful, they should have not have any problems. It nothing against you. It is just a sentiment I dislike hearing in general.

• Love
Reactions: Meretlein, Regen, Drowning fish and 7 others
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
I've been hearing about so many Korean celebrity suicides lately. Their entertainment industry must be pretty fucked up.
It's incredibly fucked up. :(

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, death137, Deleted member 19654 and 1 other person
Greenberg

Greenberg

Jun 28, 2020
South Koreans, especially the ladies, are especially known for going under-the-knife to enhance their appearances. Perhaps, Korean societal norms contributed to her demise?

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, death137, Superdeterminist and 1 other person
AlreadyGone

AlreadyGone

Taking it day by day
Jan 11, 2020
South Koreans, especially the ladies, are especially known for going under-the-knife to enhance their appearances. Perhaps, Korean societal norms contributed to her demise?

The girls in the Korean girl bands are under intense pressure to keep their appearance (slender body etc) otherwise face shaming from the populace.

• Aww..
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, death137, Deleted member 17331 and 3 others
R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
Glad her misery is over.

Reactions: eternalappraiser, cyberlordsumit, Deleted member 4993 and 5 others
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020

There really are a disproportionate number of suicides in Korea. And yes, there are many scary stories of corrupt CEOs/higher-ups who abuse and exploit young starlets a la Harvey Weinstein, there was another woman who took her own life after having complained about suffering this kind of injustice, sadly her name escapes me right now. Their entertainment industry definitely has some dark secrets.

Reactions: Helpneedtips, Deleted member 4993, death137 and 3 others
Greenberg

Greenberg

Jun 28, 2020
I hate that sentiment. It is almost as if a person is pretty or beautiful, they should have not have any problems. It nothing against you. It is just a sentiment I dislike hearing in general.
No offense taken. Unfortunately, beauty -- though fleeting -- is a significant success factor in life, especially for women. Though I am painting with a very wide brush, the only other factor that comes to mind that may convince men to overlook appearance is wealth.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, death137, AlreadyGone and 1 other person
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
I imagine one of the reasons for high suicide rates is that in a lot of Asian cultures, you're expected to get good grades, go to a good university, get a well paid job etc so there's a lot of pressure for you to be successful.

Reactions: cyberlordsumit, Homecoming, Deleted member 4993 and 4 others
R

Reach

Jun 28, 2020
No offense take. Unfortunately, beauty -- though fleeting -- is a significant success factor in life, especially for women. Though I am painting with a very wide brush, the only other factor that comes to mind that may convince men to overlook appearance is wealth.
I think being beautiful/good looking definitely helps to achieve a happy life but it's not necessary. Super models, famous good looking people commited suicide before. I also seen not conventionally attractive people being happy and living fulfilling life.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, death137 and Superdeterminist
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
So i just read this post and was trying to look for something and found this

.world-asia-43792417

I know its not the same person, but shows what kind of fuked up things can happen in some countries!!

T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
Makes you think doesn't it?

Beautiful, successful (by 99.9% of peoples standards), probably wealthy (by 99.9% of peoples standards), famous (what 99.9% of people think they want), and yet - not happy.

RIP beautiful lady. Sad that life couldn't bring you happiness.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, death137, AprilsBlessings and 5 others
L

Life_is_comedy

Sep 14, 2020
It is. They are under intense pressure to keep their bodily figures and they are reportedly told not to make any friends because their fellow celebrities would also be out of the industry in a few years. They are also told not to have any love life relationships as well as it would certainly upset fans too. It's crazy what's happening with them.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, death137, demuic and 1 other person
Incorrigible77777

Incorrigible77777

I was born human and I'm sorry for that. ——太宰 治
Jul 9, 2020
Just saw another Japanese female actress CTBed yesterday, also died at the age of 36
I imagine one of the reasons for high suicide rates is that in a lot of Asian cultures, you're expected to get good grades, go to a good university, get a well paid job etc so there's a lot of pressure for you to be successful.
And that's why I'm here and about to CTB before the end of this year :I

• Aww..
Reactions: Homecoming, Deleted member 4993, death137 and 1 other person
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
is known to cause cardiac arrest
All types of suicide cause cardiac arrest which just means the heart stopped beating. It means you died, although sometimes you can be brought back. When they said "following cardiac arrest" they mean following her death from heart stopping. You are probably right about charcoal burning suicide.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, death137 and Superdeterminist
AprilsBlessings

AprilsBlessings

Our tainted history is playing on repeat
Jul 26, 2020

actually she didn't act in anything in almost 7 years, the korean culture - and asian cultures in general - known for having high suicide rates -not only celebraties-.

and i think the reason why is that they believe in reincarnation, i know in this website people see it as a nightmare but i think for them it's like " a new chance ", whenever they fuck up in their life for them it's like " I'll just kill myself and start over " i know that's hard to understand here but i think that what makes the whole idea easier for them.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, death137, Deleted member 17331 and 2 others
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
actually she didn't act in anything in almost 7 years, the korean culture - and asian cultures in general - known for having high suicide rates -not only celebraties-.

and i think the reason why is that they believe in reincarnation, i know in this website people see it as a nightmare but i think for them it's like " a new chance ", whenever they fuck up in their life for them it's like " I'll just kill myself and start over " i know that's hard to understand here but i think that what makes the whole idea easier for them.
I think that reincarnation can be a nightmare or a blessing, depending on how lucky you get. I would say, though, that currently, one is more likely to be born into a 'bad' life, because I think that globally, most people don't live enviable lives; poverty is much more common than affluence, suffering is just more prevalent than well-being (this is an assumption however). And if you also include non-human animals as a possibility, then it appears even more likely that the next life won't be so much fun, seeing how most wild animals and farm animals live and die.

• Aww..
Reactions: aligatorek
K

KiraLittleOwl

Lost in transition
Jan 25, 2019
Beautiful women are valued more in the society, that's it

Reactions: Greenberg, Deleted member 19654 and Superdeterminist
Greenberg

Greenberg

Jun 28, 2020

A 7-year drought of no work would certainly drive most people bonkers, even more so for those who have become accustomed to entitlements.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993
Caspers

Caspers

Lost
Jun 23, 2020

I can vouch for that. I had a heart attack and had CPR for 42 minutes. I have an acquired brain injury because of it. I completely forgot everything, including how to walk, talk, I didn't know my name. I was a 21 year old baby. Took me months to be able to count to ten, and I couldn't get myself off the floor by myself for half a year. I can barely remember my childhood, just a few fragments. I don't remember my first pet or when I graduated from school. If I had been under CPR for longer, I may have been a vegetable. If it had been less time, the damage wouldn't been so bad. I'm glad they didn't succeed in resurrecting her, it would have been inhumane.

• Aww..
Reactions: demuic and death137
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
I can vouch for that. I had a heart attack and had CPR for 42 minutes. I have an acquired brain injury because of it. I completely forgot everything, including how to walk, talk, I didn't know my name. I was a 21 year old baby. Took me months to be able to count to ten, and I couldn't get myself off the floor by myself for half a year. I can barely remember my childhood, just a few fragments. I don't remember my first pet or when I graduated from school. If I had been under CPR for longer, I may have been a vegetable. If it had been less time, the damage wouldn't been so bad. I'm glad they didn't succeed in resurrecting her, it would have been inhumane.
I'm very sorry. How are you now? Do you also have difficulty remembering the things that happened after that?

Reactions: Caspers and Deleted member 4993
Greenberg

Greenberg

Jun 28, 2020
I am so sorry about your sudden brush with death. It must of been terrifying. I hope you are well on your way back to health prior to the heart attack.

Last edited:
Reactions: Caspers and Deleted member 4993
Caspers

Caspers

Lost
Jun 23, 2020
I'm very sorry. How are you now? Do you also have difficulty remembering the things that happened after that?

Hi, I'm nearly recovered now, my stamina isn't amazing and my memory isn't great still (remembering names is my biggest issue) along with a few other acquired brain injury issues. My memory gets worse when I'm tired, at the start I could barely remember what happened yesterday, but that memory is nearly normal now. It's hard to accept that I will barely get memories of my past back though.
I am so sorry about your sudden brush with death. It must of been terrifying. I hope you are well on your way back to health prior to the heart attack.

Thank you very much, and I'm getting there. I will never be as good as I used to, but I'm part of a brain injury charity who are helping me so much. And I don't remember anything in the hospital, the first month after is gone so at least I don't have that traumatic memory, although I'm sure my uni friends who found me and my parents can still remember every second. I'm sad they had to go though that, but thankfully my brain injury hospital gave them free therapy.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Greenberg, Deleted member 19654 and 1 other person