• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Ringo

Ringo

Rabbits on the Moon
Dec 3, 2020
Journey Throght The Decade (GACKT) ...

...But the instrumental version, just to somehow follow the meta-joke and because I think I already posted the vocal version, It doesn't matter, I really like both.

I summon you Mellow!

Good point. Nowadays that's not strange. I think that natural on languages and societys. I believe that's some kind of tendence: Words with similar meanings eventually run the risk of being used as synonyms outside of technical settings.It is also common to adopt jargon from specific communities or professions, words from other languages or even just mispelling things 'till the point of normalice it.
It is curious to say the least, an example that I have very much in mind is that of country, state and nation.

Country = Geographical Territory
State = Government Structure
Nation = Sense of unity given by common characteristics among human groups

These terms define the same thing from a different approach, but they are used as synonyms encompassing these three characteristics. It is also common for polysemic words to be so used in one way that the others are no longer present in the collective consciousness, such as "privilege" = deprived of law or "responsibility" = respond for oneself, here languages also come into play, since the meanings of a polysemous word can vary between languages and even in dialects.
Hi! Long time, no see. 💛 🧡 💜
Hi there Cathy! Hugs! ♡♡♡ Aluminum Hat Buddies have to stick together!

Tenor1

Carcass

Carcass

Astral Corpse
Mar 6, 2021
Shattered - Paradise Lost

Last edited:
Carcass

Carcass

Astral Corpse
Mar 6, 2021
Reach out (And Regret) - Pain

This one is new to me. (I had a heckuva time finding a song this time.)
And it's quite good.
There are certain words that are rarely or never used in the song titles of the stuff I listen to.
So, if anyone decides to sneak some "Pink Fluffy Unicorns" in here, I'll have to pass...

Ringo

Ringo

Rabbits on the Moon
Dec 3, 2020
Reach for the Moon ~ Inmortal Smoke (Black Cat Lounge/ZUN)

There are certain words that are rarely or never used in the song titles of the stuff I listen to.
So, if anyone decides to sneak some "Pink Fluffy Unicorns" in here, I'll have to pass...
It is certainly a matter of theme, usually the naming of a song is focused on summarizing, highlighting or in some way emphasize its content in such a way so that it is catchy and has flair. Naming songs sometimes tends to be a bit more difficult than it seems, the normal thing is that the more factors involved in the meaning of the composition, the more peculiar the name is or the artist is just a bit outlandish.

Personally I find the transition from one title to another more interesting, I should look for onethat combines both kind of words, it shouldn't be so difficult since there are many bands that like to mix both themes.

Reactions: Carcass
Carcass

Carcass

Astral Corpse
Mar 6, 2021
Lady Moon - Axxis

It is certainly a matter of theme, usually the naming of a song is focused on summarizing, highlighting or in some way emphasize its content in such a way so that it is catchy and has flair. Naming songs sometimes tends to be a bit more difficult than it seems, the normal thing is that the more factors involved in the meaning of the composition, the more peculiar the name is or the artist is just a bit outlandish.

Personally I find the transition from one title to another more interesting, I should look for onethat combines both kind of words, it shouldn't be so difficult since there are many bands that like to mix both themes.
I have written short stories and song lyrics, and how it eventually turned out was going to be in the moment. The crowd I used to hang out with, functioned in similar ways. Someone said something, either sober or drunk, and it was set in stone. But yes, sometimes it takes a while. Often there's that "never satisfied" gun barrel at the back of the head, demanding revisions.

Thematically, I am sort of limited... Death visited me when I was eleven years old, and from the next year, all the "normal" music that I could tolerate, was what I was familiar with up to that point. Political, philosophical, emotional, everything I could listen to, had to have certain rhythm, melody and frequency. All my pocket money I ever got I spent on tapes, later in life, all I could spare, on CDs. I was surrounded by mountains of these, all hard rock and metal... In my head, they are telling the story of my life, and then some.

Usually when I hear a word, it takes a little time before something starts playing in my head, It actually drives me insane. Then I need to find the artist and title, which is not always that easy. And I'm trying to keep it "lighter" around here, because a large part of my kind of music is not very musical.

Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
"Lady Madonna" - The Beatles

Bonus track: the song I was getting ready to post. LOL.
"Reach for the sky" - Social Distortion

Personally I find the transition from one title to another more interesting
Sometimes it can be a conversation.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ringo and Carcass
Ringo

Ringo

Rabbits on the Moon
Dec 3, 2020
Zombie Night (Dance with the Dead)

I have written short stories and song lyrics, and how it eventually turned out was going to be in the moment. The crowd I used to hang out with, functioned in similar ways. Someone said something, either sober or drunk, and it was set in stone. But yes, sometimes it takes a while. Often there's that "never satisfied" gun barrel at the back of the head, demanding revisions.

Thematically, I am sort of limited... Death visited me when I was eleven years old, and from the next year, all the "normal" music that I could tolerate, was what I was familiar with up to that point. Political, philosophical, emotional, everything I could listen to, had to have certain rhythm, melody and frequency. All my pocket money I ever got I spent on tapes, later in life, all I could spare, on CDs. I was surrounded by mountains of these, all hard rock and metal... In my head, they are telling the story of my life, and then some.

Usually when I hear a word, it takes a little time before something starts playing in my head, It actually drives me insane. Then I need to find the artist and title, which is not always that easy. And I'm trying to keep it "lighter" around here, because a large part of my kind of music is not very musical.
Unfortunately, these are quite common moments when working on any creative project, especially one to which you dedicate a lot of time, since you have had to experience the same work that you created in its entirety, by fragments, on one side, on the other, in reverse, until it there comes a point where you don't see anything and you see everything, to put it in some way, to give an example of an animation, you no longer see the character, you no longer see the environment, you only see movement and different lines that delimit all the elements. You generate tunnel vision after seeing the same thing for a long time and it's overwhelming, because you can't stop thinking about "maybe this really wasn't worth it from the beginning? maybe I was maddened by a gas leak or something and others perceive my work like I do now?" It is something difficult to beat and I (even as obsessive as I can be) try to internalize it as diminishing returns, simply the amount of work that could be put into a project does not It will be reflected in its quality. That happened to me the first times I handled some time signatures such as 11/4.

You shouldn't refer to the music you like in such a derogatory way, I know you post something lighter because you think you can make others uncomfortable, but I think it's good to try and don't inhibit yourself. One of the points of this game is the possibility to listen to pieces you would never come across on your own or give a chance to stuff that you would not normally pay attention to. Whenever I have the time I come to this thread to discover new music, in fact, that was my main reason for sticking to the thread at those times when we were just two users on Iron Arc and I.

Sometimes it can be a conversation.
Oh that's right that's right, thanks Cathy! It's good to remember it from time to time, this game is also a super secret encrypted communication method, so much that sometimes we don't even know what we are saying, like the double blind in scientific disciplines, a method that is as objective as possible!

Carcass

Carcass

Astral Corpse
Mar 6, 2021
Summer Night City - Therion

You generate tunnel vision after seeing the same thing for a long time and it's overwhelming, because you can't stop thinking about "maybe this really wasn't worth it from the beginning?
I've had some serious short circuits while writing a damn email, because someone was walking past the closed door of my room. Complete solitude is what I have always needed for writing. And the amount of work I have binned "just because" far exceeds what I have finished. The only times I felt good about my work was when I wrote for others (university projects), and most got the highest ratings.
If I were to publish something under my own name, and got some positive attention for it, I would like to just vanish. Has happened in the past, and I think it's hard-coded into my being, physical or ethereal, does not matter.

You shouldn't refer to the music you like in such a derogatory way, I know you post something lighter because you think you can make others uncomfortable, but I think it's good to try and don't inhibit yourself. One of the points of this game is the possibility to listen to pieces you would never come across on your own or give a chance to stuff that you would not normally pay attention to.
If people hear something that goes against their beliefs, some could take this seriously, or maybe even personally. For example, religion is a sensitive subject. I don't care what anyone believes in, I'm just interested in the philosophy. Everyone has their own way and vision, and every now and then I find myself thinking if I'm wrong about thinking someone is wrong.

Zombie Night (Dance with the Dead)
This one is really good.

Reactions: Ringo
bustboe

bustboe

Liquid Boe
Mar 10, 2023
Belle and Sebastian - Get Me Away from Here, I'm DYING

Last edited:
Carcass

Carcass

Astral Corpse
Mar 6, 2021
Dying Angels - Soulrelic

bonus my fav metal album in hopes you guys approve
--------------------------------------------------------------
In the 90's we had this:

Gorguts, Accidental Suicide, Pungent Stench, Broken Hope and some others.
From the newer acts that I know of, many seem to have already split.
These styles have evolved, and I have lost track.

I have some goregrind and deathcore somewhere, but I need to refresh my memory.
These are for specific moods for me, so I can not listen and judge at a random time.
In the moment, sounds brutal as ever.

• Love
Reactions: bustboe and Ringo
Ringo

Ringo

Rabbits on the Moon
Dec 3, 2020
Active Angel (Daisuke Ishiwatari)

If people hear something that goes against their beliefs, some could take this seriously, or maybe even personally. For example, religion is a sensitive subject. I don't care what anyone believes in, I'm just interested in the philosophy. Everyone has their own way and vision, and every now and then I find myself thinking if I'm wrong about thinking someone is wrong.
When it comes to this thread, songs about sensitive topics have been posted and it has only escalated to simple clarifications, because this is just a music thread, If you think something may be too explicit or sensitive, mark it with the spoiler tag explaining that it may be NSFW. I think it's the best in this case.

bonus my fav metal album in hopes you guys approve
Just as a reminder, graphic content outside of NSFW threads should be marked with the spoiler tag warning that it is NSFW.

This one is really good.
I highly recommend their music, as a bonus track:

Andromeda (Dance with the Dead)

• Love