DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
If there was some way, beyond death, that I could see how my death would effect the people who hurt me, that would be fucking great

Reactions: Skathon, sadstuffie, softfuzzyman and 3 others
R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
They would be upset for a while and eventually move on. That's just human nature.

Killing yourself out of spite is not worth it for this reason, and probably why there's that saying "the best revenge is to live well".

Only reason you should consider CTB is if it's truly something YOU want.

Reactions: lyhnn, disabledandhopeless and Ren Elsie Jewelria
DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
They would be upset for a while and eventually move on. That's just human nature.

Killing yourself out of spite is not worth it for this reason, and probably why there's that saying "the best revenge is to live well".
I just have so much anger. Even if I know I hurt them for a few seconds, it would give me pleasure I think

Reactions: sadstuffie and softfuzzyman
ward0x

ward0x

Aug 22, 2020
I think this is a somewhat "normal" thought.
I think about that A LOT. But not just about those who hurt me. I wonder how it would effect people in general.

Reactions: Skathon and iDieUDie80
Lone_Gray_Wolf

Lone_Gray_Wolf

Fate plays chess with 2 queens
Aug 21, 2020
Ohh you are not the only one, I fantasize about that a LOT. Even a year ago I was in a commission in my highschool as a representative of all the students, I used to fantasize a lot about the principal's reaction and what would the protocol be if one of the members died.

• Love
Reactions: builtwrong and ward0x
iDieUDie80

iDieUDie80

Arcanist
Jul 6, 2020
I too would like to be able to see reactions, even though it's sick. And rationally, I really don't want to hurt the people I love.

Reactions: DeathIsTheWayOut99
ladolcemorte

ladolcemorte

Experienced
May 5, 2019
Sometimes I feel like that. I sometimes imagine what people would say at my memorial, or at the places I once worked and socialized. (Before I became incapable of functioning).

Then again, I'm not sure I WANT to know how people react. What if the very people I expect to care don't? People can be real a**holes after all, and their behaviour is unpredictable.

A friend of mine was telling me about a friend of hers who had died of a brain aneurysm. She said that the woman's coworkers were at the funeral and they said that it was too bad the woman wasn't better at her job...!!!!

So, no, in the end, I'd rather not know what people would say...

Joey

Joey

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2020
You'd be able to stick it to them more alive than dead. Just something to consider.
I 100% agree on this. Not pro-life or anything but he has a point.

Reactions: iDieUDie80
R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
I 100% agree on this. Not pro-life or anything but he has a point.

Ya I don't want to come across as a pro-lifer or anything but this is a bad reason to ctb. You need to be around to spite others.

Reactions: Joey and GoodPersonEffed
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
Ya I don't want to come across as a pro-lifer or anything but this is a bad reason to ctb. You need to be around to spite others.
Theyll envy you more if you succeed. That's my plan. I'm going to go to baking school and I'm going to open a bakery. If my mother and stepfather think they're going to walk in I'm going to show them the door. You didn't need me before. I didn't need you after and I don't need you now.

Reactions: Joey
Ren Elsie Jewelria

Ren Elsie Jewelria

I sneezed!
Aug 30, 2020
My mother would be devastated, but the rest of the family would be just "meh, they were always troublesome and made a mess, so byeee!'

Last edited:
Reactions: dec132013
DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
You guys are strong. I....cant do that. Living is hard as is. It might be a pathetic way to do things but....the least I want is sympathy. I might go out 13 reasons why style meh

• Hugs
Reactions: Ren Elsie Jewelria
Joey

Joey

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2020
You guys are strong. I....cant do that. Living is hard as is. It might be a pathetic way to do things but....the least I want is sympathy. I might go out 13 reasons why style meh
Just don't

Only reason you should consider CTB is if it's truly something YOU want.
^

Reactions: sadghost
DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
I often think the same thing, and I can't help but think this when I'm talking to somebody. I find it very hard to believe that other human beings genuinely care about me and I think that one's reaction to my death would reveal their true colours. Logically I know that my death won't exactly be a celebration but will it be as devastating as pro-lifers claim all deaths are?
I feel this 100%. No one genuinely cares about me. I think my death is not just about revenge but more of an angry fuck you to the world and how everyone failed me. Living is scary. Its scary to live because that would be pain. You cannot exist without pain. And every dosage of pain I receive has me wanting to kill myself. Hell a simple misunderstanding is enough to trigger my BPD and make me want to harm myself

I am tired of this pain. Living, I think one day, will just stop being a reality

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Ren Elsie Jewelria and Lone_Gray_Wolf
ladolcemorte

ladolcemorte

Experienced
May 5, 2019

But just bear in mind that 13 Reasons was a work of fiction. There is no way to predict whether or not you will actually cause the pain that you intend to cause. And even if you do, there is no guarantee that you will be able to observe it from the afterlife....

I don't want to harp and tell you what to do, but I do strongly agree with others above that trying to provoke a reaction from other people is likely not a reason that you would stand behind once the heat of the moment has passed.

• Love
Reactions: Joey
DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
But just bear in mind that 13 Reasons was a work of fiction. There is no way to predict whether or not you will actually cause the pain that you intend to cause. And even if you do, there is no guarantee that you will be able to observe it from the afterlife....

I don't want to harp and tell you what to do, but I do strongly agree with others above that trying to provoke a reaction from other people is likely not a reason that you would stand behind once the heat of the moment has passed.
Thats another thing too. Heat of the moment. However I have had many moments and I dont know which one might send me over the edge

Thats whats scary. my suicide will not likely be a rational one. It'll probably be irrational and desperate

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Ren Elsie Jewelria and softfuzzyman
ladolcemorte

ladolcemorte

Experienced
May 5, 2019
Thats another thing too. Heat of the moment. However I have had many moments and I dont know which one might send me over the edge

Thats whats scary. my suicide will not likely be a rational one. It'll probably be irrational and desperate

I completely understand that feeling. That desperation and feeling like you just need out right away...

The problem with acting on those feelings is two fold: a) you might do something that your rational self would not do, and b) you might take impulsive action that leaves you alive but significantly worse off than before (ie paralysis, brain damage).

I have acted impulsively in the heat of the moment and I am lucky that I did not do long term damage. I once attempted because I got a "B" in a university class. Looking back on it, I'm really glad I didn't die over a "B", but in that moment the pain was every but as real and excruciating as it has ever been...

If you can live through those horrible moments, you at least buy yourself some time to decide whether whatever happened really is worth dying over...Unfortunately I don't have any brilliant advice as to how to live through them...except maybe reminding yourself that it might not be worth it and even if it is there is a risk of ending up even worse off...

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
softfuzzyman

softfuzzyman

Rot
Aug 17, 2020
the burden of how others would react is what keeps me involuntarily tethered here a lot so, in the opposite direction, i also wish there was some way to run a simulation and see what would actually happen once I CTB... maybe it would only make me feel worse. But ahh itd be so nice to have some certainty. I don't blame you for hoping your CTB hurts others... it's not my primary reason at all, my primary reason being to escape my own pain, but i do have multiple abusers and rapists who, if my CTB makes them feel anguish and guilt finally after decades of them never showing remorse and never changing, i find the thought delightful, so, i guess am lucky that i have those who i genuinely care about and dont want to hurt, but that also makes it harder to want to escape my own hurting, which is why i agree i wisj there was some surefire way to see how the cards would fall