deleted

deleted

Wizard
Jul 31, 2020
I feel dead inside, when I talk to someone I feel like a rock, is it possible to live like this for a lifetime?

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic and stygal
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
is it possible to live like this for a lifetime?
Affirmative. I used to think I was schizoid but it turns out I'm just autistic. I crave romantic relationships often, maybe some schizoids do idk, could be both. Schizoid pd seems too cool and badass for me, tbh.

stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
Im most likely a schizoid :/ - probably due to genetic predisposition and some traumatic experiences.

I get by okay ...I guess it always depends on how much you actually want to fit in or crave human contact. I have found my niche with having some hobbies/daydreams and only interact with colleagues (in a distant manner) and some old friends once every few months (without physical contact tho). I'm not unhappy because of that...more unhappy with the slow loss of interest/motivation in everything other than sleep. :/
Anyways, I guess some people get by fine others struggle.

• Hugs
Reactions: deleted and demuic
ncmxm

ncmxm

Experienced
Jun 9, 2021
I have been told I have schizoid personality but idk if it's actually true

I wouldn't say it's one of my problems though, if it's true that I have it it doesn't really impact my life in any way

Reactions: deleted and stygal
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
I've read a lot about it but I don't think the term has much practical meaning. Schizoid PD supposed to mean a severe affect dysfunction that emotionally severs you from the world, much like psychopathy does, but I see people just use it as a synonym for "introverted". Hard to take at face value.

Reactions: deleted and LostSoul1609
deleted

deleted

Wizard
Jul 31, 2020
Affirmative. I used to think I was schizoid but it turns out I'm just autistic. I crave romantic relationships often, maybe some schizoids do idk, could be both. Schizoid pd seems too cool and badass for me, tbh.
I've also always thought it's cool to be a cold, distant person, but it seems like it's only considered a good thing if you're handsome, if you're a normal or ugly looking person you're just another weirdo
I have been told I have schizoid personality but idk if it's actually true

I wouldn't say it's one of my problems though, if it's true that I have it it doesn't really impact my life in any way
Good for you friend, I'm a little worried about my future job and college, I don't mind having contact with people but for the job market they are more demanding every day
Eu li muito sobre isso, mas não acho que o termo tenha muito significado prático. Supõe-se que a DP esquizóide signifique uma grave disfunção afetiva que separa emocionalmente você do mundo, assim como a psicopatia, mas vejo que as pessoas a usam apenas como sinônimo de "introvertido". Difícil de entender.
Today when I went to the support group at my clinic I felt like I was leaving my body and losing consciousness as I fantasized about suicide or death

Last edited:
Dear Agony

Dear Agony

The Void
Jan 24, 2020
I most likely suffer from either schizoid PD or avoidant PD, undiagnosed. The thing is, I don't avoid people because I'm afraid I'll embarrass myself - I avoid people because they're too much trouble, and every relationship ever ends in betrayal. Why would I want that? Of course, I'm only human and sometimes crave sex and intimacy. But I feel like not only it's too late for me, I wouldn't be able to cope with another person.
Aside from that symptom, I'm also extremely cold and distant. Not in a quirky way. I mean in a way I have no facial expression at all, and people often wonder if I lack empathy or even emotions. I have no immediate friends aside from close family, only via internet. So yeah, I don't have that wish to be close to others as much as avoidant people do, or extreme social anxiety, I just don't care. But I could be avoidant, I don't know tbh.

• Aww..
Reactions: jello and stygal