A

anajinx

Oct 10, 2022
Always seeing the "think of family/friends, strangers that will find you" but it's never made sense to me. none of these people have, would, or will help me actually live so why do I have to live for them?

• Informative
Reactions: WorthlessTrash
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Trying to live for anyone else, other than yourself, will never lead to satisfaction in life.

• Aww..
Reactions: tyasma, deathissosad, Fulminare and 2 others
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
who cares you'll be dead, they won't help you live but when you die they say i wish i did more to help them, it's all just emotional blackmail

• Love
Reactions: tyasma, Venus13, actual_fox and 4 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Nobody has to exist only for the sake of others, the truth is that when to leave this world is a personal decision in which nobody else has the right to interfere in. We will all die and lose everything someday so at the end of the day if someone chose to voluntarily exit right now or they died in 50 years time it wouldn't make that much of a difference apart from the unnecessary suffering that the person would have otherwise experienced would had been prevented. Continuing to exist is only delaying the inevitable after all and grief and loss are simply an undeniable part of life.

Reactions: Jarni and Shivali
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
If you go to some public place- you have no control over who will witness your (possibly gruesome) death or decaying corpse. I don't think it's stupid to consider the impact this might have on someone. Maybe they wouldn't give a shit about you in your life- do you care about them though? Maybe they would have helped you. You just don't know. Either way, I'd personally prefer not to impact some random person like that. (Still- I also appreciate that some people simply have no choice. I'm lucky in that I live alone.)

I appreciate that all of this wouldn't be necessary if assisted euthanasia was legalised and readily accessible. Plus- sometimes it is a result of being abandoned by society that leads to an attempt- so- it's partly 'their' fault I suppose. Still- I don't see how inflicting some gruesome sight on a random member of the public does much to compensate for societies ills.

When it comes to friends and family- I suppose that all depends on the friends and family you have. For the abusive or narcassistic ones- yeah- who cares? It's not like they're likely to have the capacity to feel guilty or sad anyway. Still- for those who did care but for whatever reason, couldn't help- again, I don't think it's stupid to worry about how it might affect them.

Again- it does depend on your experience of life. I can understand why someone who has been treated badly by their family and society at large wouldn't feel the need to shield anyone from anything. I'm sorry if this has been your experience.

actual_fox

actual_fox

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2022
What if they want to help but cannot? What If I just don't like living? Just asking for your thoughts. I just do not like the world

M

Mir88

Oct 5, 2022
I would never want to hurt someone else, directly or indirectly, and so it would sadden me to know that my actions will negatively impact someone else.
But they can't do anything for me even if they wanted, everything wrong is in me and not in what others did. They will surpass it and move on.

deathissosad

deathissosad

I will find you in the afterlife my Nanes. -boov 😢
Nov 17, 2022
You cant think about that unforyunately. I lost my gf to suicide 6 months ago and every day has been hell. (Its partly why i want to CTB) i know she was in pain and at peace now but it is horrible to go through for loved ones. I find solace in the firm belief that i will reunite with her and my loved ones i leave behind will reunite with me. But it will indefinetly hurt those who love you. You do not get over grief. Just learn to live with it like a weight on your shoulders… or not and go for ultimate peace. Sorry to put it on you like that but this has been my harrowing personal experience. I just hope to f*ck i find my baby girl up tjere when i go. 😢

• Hugs
Reactions: Jarni