ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I have some questions about drowning and I'd appreciate anybody who can answer all or some of the questions. If you're going to say stuff like "don't ctb in this way, you could access better methods" or anything else that's condescending, just don't bother to comment as I'm not in the mood to deal with shit like that right now. I know my questions may be common sense to most people on here but I'm really stupid and I need tips regarding this so that I don't get my life prolonged by SI or by a random pro lifer. I'd appreciate any tips that I can get as I'm getting to the point where I'm just so pissed at everything, especially my parents and I want to lash out at them to where they kick me out. If they do kick me out, I won't have much of a chance to plan and I'd immediately try to ctb so I want to do it right whilst I'm here but I can't figure anything out.

Also, just to clarify, I have searched on SS before making this thread but I'm making this thread because I couldn't find any answers.

For reference, I'm in the UK

Question 1: how can I find out how deep a river or lake or just any body of water is? Is there some sort of software tools or app or websites that can help me find out how deep a river is?

Question 2: aside from trying to ctb at night and during cold weather, how can I ensure that the river or lake that I choose to ctb at doesn't have any people there?

Question 3: how exactly can I ensure that I can carry a weight in a backpack that I'm wearing and lock said backpack in a way to where I can't get rid of the bag no matter how hard SI would force me to?

I'd appreciate any tips that I can get regarding this, thank you

• Hugs
Reactions: Autumn_Stars, Praestat_Mori, NoPoint2Life and 1 other person
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Q1: You could search for infos about the chosen lake. If it's not too small there might general info available. It's a bit more difficult about rivers bc it depends on where you measure the depth and rivers can be quite long. You can measure the depth either with sonar or with a stone tied to a thin line - but that is probably too complicated.

Q2: It's impossible to ensure this requirement.

Q3: Calculate diving weights. It's probably difficult to tie the bag to yourself in a way that you can't get rid of it, you may consider "connecting" it with the clothes you wear.

Just some ideas that came to my mind.

• Informative
Reactions: ijustwishtodie
S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
Most lochs or lakes that have boating activities taking place on them will be deep enough for your purpose.
You can't really ensure 100% that there will never be anyone else around. Where I live in Scotland most lochs and deeper water seem to be most deserted in the early morning, 05.00 - 06.00 hrs.
I'd probably think that putting the backpack on the front of the body would be best at dragging you face down. Perhaps you could work out a way of securing it with a chain & padlock through the pack. Leave the key on the shore or bank, so you can recover it if SI kicks in. However once you are committed and in the water you won't be able to panic and unlock the pack.
Sorry I can't help more, but you have my best wishes. And I promise I wouldn't try to condescend or patronise you.

• Informative
Reactions: ijustwishtodie