• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
I want to say that logic contradicts life and suffering. If life is illogical while being harsh and creating suffering for creatures, why to be inside it. The thing about people is not accepting how life is illogical and try to justify everything wrong. If they really love life, why not accepting how its illogical or does that hurt their ideas and beliefs and make them end their life and thats why they get away from it? It just show how humans are delusional, using logic when they wants only.

Reactions: Tiburcio and dano6533
C

Cat

Jun 21, 2018
Yeah, being afraid of death is a thing with me. Isn't sleeping (at least when we are not dreaming) good example how it is when you are dead? Guess its the same thing, so technically nothing that scary.

Although death (and sleeping) seems kinda empty and boring, so guess I'll stick with life till I can't have any more fun here. I hope you can stick around for some more time too, CatLover, for the sake of cats at least >:)

As for coping with fear of death, hmm, imagining interesting ways to die seems to be working for me. It makes me think about it, so I get used to it. Maybe something like that would work for you to?

Reactions: dano6533
chronicpainnomore

chronicpainnomore

Not Circling the Drain Anymore
May 31, 2018
Yeah, being afraid of death is a thing with me. Isn't sleeping (at least when we are not dreaming) good example how it is when you are dead? Guess its the same thing, so technically nothing that scary.

Although death (and sleeping) seems kinda empty and boring, so guess I'll stick with life till I can't have any more fun here. I hope you can stick around for some more time too, CatLover, for the sake of cats at least >:)

As for coping with fear of death, hmm, imagining interesting ways to die seems to be working for me. It makes me think about it, so I get used to it. Maybe something like that would work for you to?
Anesthesia would be a better example of death. When sleeping, you usually dream. Anesthesia is turning the brain nearly all the way off. Nothingness.

Reactions: dano6533 and Meena
Definitelyworried

Definitelyworried

Jun 19, 2018
I wonder if anyone else feels like me, it seems from lurking around that most people here are definite that they don't want to be here and just trying to figure out the best way to go or how to get the stuff together they need to do it.

One of my problems is that sometimes (not always by any stretch) I am literally TERRIFIED of dying. The very idea of it brings on massive anxiety. Not just the process of dying but of ceasing to exist or whatever happens next. At those times getting out of here is a long way from my mind and I want to stay here as long as I can - although I'm still frightened because whether I decide to ctb or not, one day that decision will not be mine and I will die anyway. People say 'but you'll be dead, you won't care' but that really doesn't help. Or (my personal favourite) 'but you won't die for a very long time', which doesn't really help either.

I think in many ways being immortal would probably be worse, I mean just imagine how boring it would be after a while. On the other hand, it just sucks. Every day people die when they don't want to (and people like us can't seem to die even when we DO want to).

I go back and forth between the two. I never actually feel happy to be alive or that I enjoy life, I either want to check out or I am terrified to do so. It seems ridiculous.
It's like you took the words out of my mouth.
This thread is very interesting.

Reactions: dano6533
Samuel

Samuel

Wise
Apr 25, 2018
I relate. Some days I'm desperate to leave and others I'm terrified of death. It's a matter of preparation and impulse that will push me to ctb.

Reactions: ScaredOfLife and dano6533