pinkbluebutch

pinkbluebutch

Dec 5, 2022
Whenever I start to have suicidal urges, especially more serious ones, I notice they're paired with a warm feeling in my head, sort of foggy-like. I am on lexapro so I wonder if that's my body's attempt to stop itself from being unwell but I was curious if anyone else felt this way or has any physical symptoms when they start to feel more suicidal.

• Hugs
Reactions: Immensevoid, Forever Sleep and Escape Artist
the_path_of_sorrows

the_path_of_sorrows

Different routes, same destination
Nov 26, 2023
That's interesting. Others usually notice emptiness in my eyes, I myself simply feel more sleepy than usual (as an insomniac).

Reactions: Nullm, bebebeep and pinkbluebutch
pinkbluebutch

pinkbluebutch

Dec 5, 2022
That's interesting. Others usually notice emptiness in my eyes, I myself simply feel more sleepy than usual (as an insomniac).
Hmm that's definitely interesting. I feel restless, I used to self harm to help with that because it gave me a feeling of catharsis that helped me sleep afterwards (not recommending self harm, I regret it a lot lol). But also, I've noticed the way I feel when I WANT to SH is different than the feeling I get when I want to CTB.

• Hugs
Reactions: the_path_of_sorrows
the_path_of_sorrows

the_path_of_sorrows

Different routes, same destination
Nov 26, 2023
Wow! SH feels more of an urge with hidden excitement and that need to ctb in my case is far more suffocating, it's like an ongoing "I must I must I must".

• Informative
Reactions: pinkbluebutch
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
Interesting thoughts, I'd be curious to see the correlation. It's a shame suicidalitybis so taboo, otherwise we'd probably have more data on this.

Out of curiosity, how long have you been on lexapro? If it's only been a few months or less there's probably a reasonable chance that it's related to that feeling.

Reactions: pinkbluebutch
pinkbluebutch

pinkbluebutch

Dec 5, 2022
Interesting thoughts, I'd be curious to see the correlation. It's a shame suicidalitybis so taboo, otherwise we'd probably have more data on this.

Out of curiosity, how long have you been on lexapro? If it's only been a few months or less there's probably a reasonable chance that it's related to that feeling.
I've been on lexapro reaching 10 months now, but I've had to increase my dosage during that time so more like 6 months on the current dose.

Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
I've been on lexapro reaching 10 months now, but I've had to increase my dosage during that time so more like 6 months on the current dose.
I've been on Zoloft for less and it hasn't curbed my suicidality by distraction (for lack of a better term) like you believe lexapro has for you. I have however noticed I am less depressed and that occurs naturally without me recognizing any change. I'm no expert at medicine and while we both take SSRIs, there could be a difference I'm unaware of, but from guesswork alone I wouldn't say it's the lexapro.

pinkbluebutch

pinkbluebutch

Dec 5, 2022
I've been on Zoloft for less and it hasn't curbed my suicidality by distraction (for lack of a better term) like you believe lexapro has for you. I have however noticed I am less depressed and that occurs naturally without me recognizing any change. I'm no expert at medicine and while we both take SSRIs, there could be a difference I'm unaware of, but from guesswork alone I wouldn't say it's the lexapro.
Yeahhh that makes sense. I mean I'm also on Ritalin for ADHD so who knows, because I can always feel when the ritalin is wearing off (or at least I think I can, haha, but I'm not doctor so who knows), and it's a similar feeling of my mind getting fuzzy again and spacing out, just kinda spiraling or blanking.
My partner takes venlafaxine and they find such a difference in their base line mood between being on and off of it, and I used to feel the same with Lexapro, so I wonder if I need a different medication or to increase my dose, definitely something i'll bring up next time I see my psychiatrist. switching meds is just always such a scary gamble augh