• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
One thing that makes me super unattached to life is the sheer nastiness of people in general. Virtually everyone, especially lately, is just rude or self-serving as a baseline. Then you have assholes in traffic, people in stores with an attitude, snooty and disingenuous posers on social media, etc. Even when you're suffering and seek help, you can count on precisely 0 empathy from those who are supposed to be in your corner. Doctors, psychiatrists etc are some of the absolute worst people in terms of compassion.

The only time people are nice is if they have something to gain. Either they're getting your money, or they're being paid to do it, or they want to get in your pants. It's like there's no friendly/normal at all.

Everyone is running on a super tight fuse. Like they need one minor excuse to tear you a new one. I'm tired of it.

S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Covid has exacerbated humanity to it's worst level pre-pandemic. You lock all their societal problems in one room, eventually they'll blow up and start acting out in ways that are not fit for society. The medical profession is a shitshow because they have to deal with druggies using them to get drugs, then they'll be held liable if the person OD'd on it, so they lack compassion to protect themselves from society. I'll admit, I'm an asshole in traffic. I like to go fast and I don't like slow drivers in the left lane who sit there going the speed limit or slightly below. That's more of a personality issue of lacking patience under duress. People during the pandemic are only out for themselves, hence the snooty attitude and egregious mishandling of self-awareness for the common man, but that was like that pre-pandemic especially during the holidays. The pandemic is just one long ass holiday of shitty people.

You're right on the part about people being nice when they have something to gain. They will provide you with something when you do something for them. There's no giving freely for the sake of it and not expect anything in return. Maybe because those people in the past were burned before and learned how to game the system better, or they were always like that because that's how the world works. I don't get worked up anymore if I give something because I have no expectations on their reaction. If they love it cool, if they hate it and wish me death, that's cool too.

demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
One thing that makes me super unattached to life is the sheer nastiness of people in general. Virtually everyone, especially lately, is just rude or self-serving as a baseline. Then you have assholes in traffic, people in stores with an attitude, snooty and disingenuous posers on social media, etc. Even when you're suffering and seek help, you can count on precisely 0 empathy from those who are supposed to be in your corner. Doctors, psychiatrists etc are some of the absolute worst people in terms of compassion.

The only time people are nice is if they have something to gain. Either they're getting your money, or they're being paid to do it, or they want to get in your pants. It's like there's no friendly/normal at all.

Everyone is running on a super tight fuse. Like they need one minor excuse to tear you a new one. I'm tired of it.

Completely agree.. I've highly turned down usage on any social media like platform I'm using, because I'm tired of people starting petty drama and throwing out every little dumb thought that comes into their head (though that's a problem with social media in general). Some people are clearly very bored and wanting to start shit, even on here.

As for doctors and psychiatrists, I've completely lost my patience for anyone in the mental health field at least. They literally just want to kick you while you're down then charge you $200 for it (lol). Though I've also had a regular doctor belittle my problems in the past, so fuck them too. No one in pain gets taken seriously. They treat you like you've done something wrong first and foremost.

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Do you all feel it was this way even pre-covid? It feels like a pressure cooker that's been brewing for a long time.

The sheer amount of snide, nasty comments I've received from mental health professionals alone is mind-boggling. These were without any provocation, mind you. Just normal every day conversation turned nasty on their part. It's as if they suspect you are a criminal or druggie no matter what (I'm not either one).

S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Do you all feel it was this way even pre-covid? It feels like a pressure cooker that's been brewing for a long time.

The sheer amount of snide, nasty comments I've received from mental health professionals alone is mind-boggling. These were without any provocation, mind you. Just normal every day conversation turned nasty on their part. It's as if they suspect you are a criminal or druggie no matter what (I'm not either one).

Yeah definitely, it has always been like that. Covid just introduced more into the works. Politics and economics, pretty much the state of the world has gone down the shitter. People quick to assume and diagnose just to collect your money and get you out of their office. When was the last time a doctor sat with you for longer than 10 minutes and explain things for you? Inb4 I post a Pepperidge Farm meme....

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
We are animals.
In modern Western society at least, some 'successful' people can become so insulated against reality that they then feel entitled. So...someone else will pick up that rubbish, something needs to be done about this (but not by me), I think there should be more social housing (just not anywhere near me) etc.
If successful people had more existential pressure applied to them, maybe they would be forced to actually be more personally responsible instead of feeling so entitled.
There are a small number of genuinely decent, even altruistic people, but most people under the normal curve have varying amounts of selfishness. Unfortunately, that is normal. For those with a high degree of selfishness, the need to be nice is often only present out of necessity.
Again, unfortunately, this is exactly what you would expect from a hominid population at our current state of evolution. As society progresses into it's age of decay, I suspect that cultural selective pressure will force basic human traits to crystalize even more.
Some will become even more selfish, hoarding resources against future peril, whilst some will be forced into confederation with groups of people they might not otherwise interact with. That sort of behaviour would be in accordance with what has been observed of societies in the past instances where civilizations fell.
I suggest that the pattern, though it presents across a different and more complex milieu than in the past, is potentially exactly the same every time and more or less predictable.

NB. I say 'successful' people, I mean those with the accepted societal standards of a family, job, car, relative health.

• Love
Reactions: Wraith and Symbiote
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
I agree, I do feel Covid has made people feel able to be more rude and just nasty, Poss using the excuse they are trying to protect themselves, when in reality all it's doing is showing the true side of people.
Yesterday I was struggling to park my car, people around me were so rude and impatient happy and quick to let me know they were not happy, then the women in the shop (queuing system to get in) barely grunted as she counted numbers and there was no manners at all.

Life has gone to shit, Over the last few weeks I thought I wanted to recover, even tried looking into it, but the worse the world is getting the less I want to,

Reactions: Wraith